ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Canadian Action Figure News

Old 07-08-2012, 02:43 PM   #1
Hantei
Master of the Universe
Walmart Rollback on G.I. Joes

Thanks to sightings made by AFN members Scrapper6 and Tonestar, it seems Walmart has rolledback their prices on G.I. Joe figures. The figures are rolled back to $8 from $10.86.

The new prices were seen in effect at Walmarts in Manitoba and Ontario.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	walmart.jpg
Views:	783
Size:	3.9 KB
ID:	5780  
Hantei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 07:32 PM   #2
Tonestar
Rookie Supreme
Re: Walmart Rollback on G.I. Joes

Even if the store doesn't show the 8$ sale price on the shelf or product you should scan it to see what it sells for. I did that at Wal-Mart at Steeles/Markham and the Retaliation Cobra Commander rang up for the sale price so I guess some stores haven't advertised them yet and some already have.
Tonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 10:27 PM   #3
Toy Gremlin
Master of the Universe

Yeah, I scanned some of the peg warmers at my local Walmart just to see if they were on rollback. Sadly, there was no rollback on Joes at my local Walmart. They are still priced at $10.77 each.

Last edited by Toy Gremlin; 07-08-2012 at 11:43 PM.
Toy Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 02:17 AM   #4
pandaprime
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Gremlin View Post
Yeah, I scanned some of the peg warmers at my local Walmart just to see if they were on rollback. Sadly, there was no rollback on Joes at my local Walmart. They are still priced at $10.77 each.
booooooooooooooo!
Old 07-09-2012, 03:18 AM   #5
Toy Gremlin
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandaprime View Post
booooooooooooooo!
x2

Last edited by Toy Gremlin; 07-09-2012 at 03:36 AM.
Old 07-09-2012, 09:08 AM   #6
Scrapper6
Cylon Centurion

Quote:
Were the pegwarmers Retaliation figures or PoC/30th? The Wal-Marts around here only seem to have Retaliation figures left anyway, I didn't think to check the PoC stuff because the PoC stuff is still just Blowtorch and CC. (No sudden influx of Wave Five, which I'd kill for, well kill something that is already dead or made of plastic perhaps.)

I suspect this is just Wal-Mart trying to push out all the Retaliation crap they don't want to be stuck with now that the movie has been delayed... Oddly enough, the one where they still had vehicles didn't have those on Rollback, so maybe it's just the single cards they want gone.
Scrapper6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 03:48 PM   #7
ninjha
Red Shirt

Just pegwarmers in Niagara, I guess they won't restock.
ninjha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 10:46 PM   #8
Toy Gremlin
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper6 View Post
Were the pegwarmers Retaliation figures or PoC/30th? The Wal-Marts around here only seem to have Retaliation figures left anyway, I didn't think to check the PoC stuff because the PoC stuff is still just Blowtorch and CC. (No sudden influx of Wave Five, which I'd kill for, well kill something that is already dead or made of plastic perhaps.)

I suspect this is just Wal-Mart trying to push out all the Retaliation crap they don't want to be stuck with now that the movie has been delayed... Oddly enough, the one where they still had vehicles didn't have those on Rollback, so maybe it's just the single cards they want gone.
The pegwarmers were the POC CC and Blowtorch. The Walmart that I went to only had those 2 figures.

The funny thing is there is suppose to be 1 Retaliation Zartan at this Walmart. That figure seems to be pulling some kind of vanishing act. It would show up on the peg for a few days and disappear, then pop back up again. It's some kind of weird "now you see me and now you don't" kind of thing. LOL! If I see Zartan again, I'll scan it.
Old 07-10-2012, 12:49 AM   #9
pandaprime
Master of the Universe

Quote:
The pegwarmers were the POC CC and Blowtorch. The Walmart that I went to only had those 2 figures.

The funny thing is there is suppose to be 1 Retaliation Zartan at this Walmart. That figure seems to be pulling some kind of vanishing act. It would show up on the peg for a few days and disappear, then pop back up again. It's some kind of weird "now you see me and now you don't" kind of thing. LOL! If I see Zartan again, I'll scan it.
same pegwarmers at my local wally but the pegs have the $8.00 price label, didn't scan any though
Old 07-10-2012, 01:36 AM   #10
Toy Gremlin
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandaprime View Post
same pegwarmers at my local wally but the pegs have the $8.00 price label, didn't scan any though
Was it the Lougheed one?

Tags
30th anniversary, gi joe, gi joe retaliation, walmart