ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 01-02-2019, 12:58 PM   #1
Snoudzy
Super Friend
Disply of Choice

Good Morning,

I had a major water issue in the basement where my collection is housed. Had to pack the entire collection away in storage while things were rebuilt. Rebuild is done and now it's time to bring things home.

This means I have a blank canvas of a room to work with as I lost all of the previous shelving.

Ideas? I am leaning towards the oak coloured bookcases and I might leave the back part off and just use the natural wall colour. Also, I think I can buy some bookcases for the extra shelves.

Thanks
Snoudzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 02:23 PM   #2
Sharkdog
Premium Blend
Re: Disply of Choice

I would look at some display cases with glass doors (sliding or just single open).

Your figures will be much easier to keep clean of dust (you won't have to dust very often!) and they're also pretty easy to add lights to.
Custom solutions are of course the pricier option but you'll get the best result, but there's lots of good options even from Ikea I'd say.
Sharkdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 04:28 PM   #3
wedge1021
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoudzy View Post
I am leaning towards the oak coloured bookcases and I might leave the back part off and just use the natural wall colour.
One thing to watch for with open-backed bookcases is if there is a bit of a gap between the back and the wall (baseboard, etc keeping the bookcase away) then you might lose an accessory or two down the back by accident. Another thing is depending on how the case is built (bracing), the lack of a back can cause it to be a bit wobbly - definitely something you don't want in a meticulously setup figure display!
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 09:29 AM   #4
turtle power eh
Jedi Knight

IKEA detolf glass cabinets are nice and also pretty cheap. They can be easily/creatively fitted with an LED lighting set up of your choice...and also a little weather stripping around the door makes for a virtually dust free display.

They are definately shorter than a standard book case but you can still display larger items on the tops and they also give your collection a more dare I say "grown up" quality.

You're other and probably best option would have been making custom built ins if you redid the entire room.
turtle power eh is offline   Reply With Quote