ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 11-02-2019, 06:47 PM   #151
riderman
Master of the Universe
Re: New Hasbro Power Rangers Lightning Collection Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbaso View Post
I’ve been to multiple EB games in Calgary and Vancouver and found wave 2. Pink ranger has not been shipped to any, most stores just received 2 of each of magna, red, and gold.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathereth View Post
Thanks! Pre-ordered it this morning.

Cancelled my amazon.com pre-order. Hopefully there aren't any shortages and other shenanigans.
I called a EB Games and they only had Red Beast Morpher and most EBs don't even have them at all. Hopefully wave 3 will have no shortages like wave 2 on Amazon.ca for Pink Ranger! Good luck for those who pre-ordered from Amazon.ca and hopefully there are no shenanigans!
riderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 04:06 PM   #152
Eko123
Body without Organs

Hasbro recently announced three of the figures from the 4th wave of the Lightning Collection. The Yellow Ranger from Mighty Morphin Power Rangers will not be part of the wave though, as previously rumored.

https://toynewsi.com/278-34822
Eko123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 06:26 PM   #153
RocketGTR
Cylon Centurion

That's disappointing about no yellow ranger in the wave (or black or blue even). And so weird with the Fall 2020 release date. Wonder what they're planning to push the wave back for a year.
RocketGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 08:33 PM   #154
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eko123 View Post
Hasbro recently announced three of the figures from the 4th wave of the Lightning Collection. The Yellow Ranger from Mighty Morphin Power Rangers will not be part of the wave though, as previously rumored.

https://toynewsi.com/278-34822
Are there only going to be 3 figures in this wave? Geez. It’s like Hasbro is trying to drive this line into the ground. They need to start pumping up the number of figures per wave, not reducing it, and getting short packed figures re-inserted in later waves. Zedd was hard to find, Pink is freaking impossible. What are they doing?
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 09:27 PM   #155
riderman
Master of the Universe

Entertainment Earth had MMPR Blue Ranger for pre-order but it has been pulled. It was for $21.99 USD and now it's been pulled off the website! Now you see it, NOW YOU DON'T!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20191104-202430_Instagram.jpg (87.9 KB, 15 views)
Old 11-04-2019, 09:28 PM   #156
riderman
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketGTR View Post
That's disappointing about no yellow ranger in the wave (or black or blue even). And so weird with the Fall 2020 release date. Wonder what they're planning to push the wave back for a year.
Hopefully it will be an EB Games Exclusive here in Canada or a Toys R us Exclusive! Any thoughts? Anybody?
Old 11-04-2019, 09:36 PM   #157
riderman
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Quinn View Post
Are there only going to be 3 figures in this wave? Geez. It’s like Hasbro is trying to drive this line into the ground. They need to start pumping up the number of figures per wave, not reducing it, and getting short packed figures re-inserted in later waves. Zedd was hard to find, Pink is freaking impossible. What are they doing?
Could this be the Hasbro plan all along? Reminds me of High school economics Supply and Demand. There is a demand for Power Rangers and Hasbro needs to control the supply more evenly. This is not just Hasbro getting a new toy line, it's testing the waters and finding out what will be popular and what will sell and how many will want? This is their first year for this new line and they will make mistakes and they will improve hopefully. This line is still young and Hasbro must listen to the fan base or lose out completely!
Old 11-05-2019, 01:19 PM   #158
Eko123
Body without Organs

Quote:
Originally Posted by riderman View Post
Could this be the Hasbro plan all along? Reminds me of High school economics Supply and Demand. There is a demand for Power Rangers and Hasbro needs to control the supply more evenly. This is not just Hasbro getting a new toy line, it's testing the waters and finding out what will be popular and what will sell and how many will want? This is their first year for this new line and they will make mistakes and they will improve hopefully. This line is still young and Hasbro must listen to the fan base or lose out completely!
I agree. Although there is demand for the Lightning Collection, truthfully it isn't at the level of say, Marvel Legends, the Star Wars lines or even the Transformers lines (and that's not a knock against Power Rangers).

Hasbro knows there is definitely interest, but obviously has to tread carefully and not make the same mistakes which Bandai America did.

While I don't collect Power Rangers toys myself, am I correct in assuming a lot of Power Rangers collectors are more interested in the characters from "Mighty Morphin Power Rangers" and the earlier shows (given the childhood nostalgia), as opposed to the more recent shows (e.g. Beast Morphers)?

Perhaps the good thing about having fewer figures per wave is that you guys won't have to fork out an arm and leg every time a new wave is released (trust me, I collect Marvel Legends and it hurts my wallet with the avalanche of figures that are released each year). On the downside though, it also means you have to be patient for their favorite characters to be released.

Last edited by Eko123; 11-05-2019 at 01:26 PM.
Eko123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 02:38 PM   #159
riderman
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eko123 View Post
I agree. Although there is demand for the Lightning Collection, truthfully it isn't at the level of say, Marvel Legends, the Star Wars lines or even the Transformers lines (and that's not a knock against Power Rangers).

Hasbro knows there is definitely interest, but obviously has to tread carefully and not make the same mistakes which Bandai America did.

While I don't collect Power Rangers toys myself, am I correct in assuming a lot of Power Rangers collectors are more interested in the characters from "Mighty Morphin Power Rangers" and the earlier shows (given the childhood nostalgia), as opposed to the more recent shows (e.g. Beast Morphers)?

Perhaps the good thing about having fewer figures per wave is that you guys won't have to fork out an arm and leg every time a new wave is released (trust me, I collect Marvel Legends and it hurts my wallet with the avalanche of figures that are released each year). On the downside though, it also means you have to be patient for their favorite characters to be released.
Hasbro does concentrate on Marvel Legends, Transformers and Star Wars because it'$ their BIG 3 and their CA$H COW their Bread and Butter!! They are fairly new to the game so they have to be careful and not make the same mistakes as Bandai but that new Dino Charge Gold Ranger is NOT GOLD!! Besides that Hasbro has been killing it and I love all the selections they are making from MMPR to Beast Morphers but the classics are my favorite of course. The reason for 3 figures for the future wave might be due to the price increase next year and this way the blow will be less on the wallet. Hopefully we will get more Exclusive figs from EB Games in the coming months or next year!
Old 11-05-2019, 05:38 PM   #160
Zathereth
Super Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by riderman View Post
Hopefully it will be an EB Games Exclusive here in Canada or a Toys R us Exclusive! Any thoughts? Anybody?
I’m all for toysrus exclusive but eb exclusives were a pain to find. Goldar was relatively easy because it was online.

So personally I’m crossing my fingers it isn’t lol.
Zathereth is offline   Reply With Quote