ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 12-24-2023, 09:54 PM   #4121
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions
Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series 6 inch discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk View Post
Haven't decdied if I'll open my Haslab CC yet or not. Just don't want to open it and then Hasbro releases one with the normal logo, as I don't really like the Mickey Mouse logo.

Maybe I'll use that as the field battle version and this one here can be my regal dress uniform version.

There is a 99.9999999999999999999999999% chance that they will release a regular Cobra Commander, most likely on a Retro card as well, in the near future. Maybe not 2024, but definitely by 2025.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2023, 12:27 AM   #4122
BlackBeltJohnson
Galactian Herald

I believe a Retro CoCo listing has already been discovered in a recent spy report. Either way, we're definitely seeing that figure again, just as I'm certain we'll see the Haslab HISS again in some form.
BlackBeltJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2023, 02:00 AM   #4123
wesperino
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBeltJohnson View Post
I believe a Retro CoCo listing has already been discovered in a recent spy report. Either way, we're definitely seeing that figure again, just as I'm certain we'll see the Haslab HISS again in some form.
Yeah that one code named Gargamel. Most likely retro Coco.

If they can do a stripped down hiss or make it a hiss ii no electronics and one figure for like $175 usd it would move I?m sure.
wesperino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2023, 06:17 AM   #4124
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:

There is little to no chance that the Haslab HISS will see release again, even in a stripped down format. The most likely thing is that it will pop up again in another "vault" sale by Pulse.

So far none of the Haslabs have seen release again in some stripped down format. The closest thing, outside of the vault sale, is a Haslab choice getting a new release in a different format such as the Sentinel being released in the ML Retro line, or the Razor Crest in Mission Fleet, Micro Galaxy Squadron, etc.

I think that the Haslab format is heavily reliant on the uniqueness (aka "Dream") aspect of the the offerings. Without that it is a pretty easy step to collectors not bothering, and waiting for the inevitable retail release.

That doesn't mean I don't think they won't try and release another HISS in the Classified line, but I highly doubt it will be the Haslab mold. Instead it will probably be a new mold with a lot less bells & whistles that were included with the Haslab. It will probably also still be expensive, as I think it would come in above the $100US price they have for the Vamp.
Old 12-25-2023, 11:04 AM   #4125
CobraCommander
Jedi Knight

I won't be surprised if we see the HISS tank showing up at Ollie's in the US, but seriously I don't see why Hasbro wouldn't repaint and rerelease it as they are a Corporation that likes money.

B/S/T Threads:
ActionFigureNews
Hisstank
Cybertron.ca

Feedback Threads:
ActionFigureNews
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2023, 10:26 PM   #4126
BlackBeltJohnson
Galactian Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
There is little to no chance that the Haslab HISS will see release again, even in a stripped down format. The most likely thing is that it will pop up again in another "vault" sale by Pulse.

So far none of the Haslabs have seen release again in some stripped down format. The closest thing, outside of the vault sale, is a Haslab choice getting a new release in a different format such as the Sentinel being released in the ML Retro line, or the Razor Crest in Mission Fleet, Micro Galaxy Squadron, etc.

I think that the Haslab format is heavily reliant on the uniqueness (aka "Dream") aspect of the the offerings. Without that it is a pretty easy step to collectors not bothering, and waiting for the inevitable retail release.

That doesn't mean I don't think they won't try and release another HISS in the Classified line, but I highly doubt it will be the Haslab mold. Instead it will probably be a new mold with a lot less bells & whistles that were included with the Haslab. It will probably also still be expensive, as I think it would come in above the $100US price they have for the Vamp.
Well, I'm cynical that way, lol. I think the whole exclusivity and dream toy thing is just a marketing ploy to play on people's egos and the fear of losing out on something special etc. Plus, it just makes more business sense: they spent a lot of money and effort designing and tooling the thing for it to be one and done forever, especially now that it will have the attention of all the people that passed on it. If toy companies love to do anything...it's to squeeze all they can out of tooling. Now that the VAMP is on the way and showed that people will poney up for vehicles this size, again, there's just too much money to be made for them still for it to not see some kind of release again, at some point imo. Perhaps not soon, so as to not out themselves too quickly, but eventually.

Last edited by BlackBeltJohnson; 12-25-2023 at 10:29 PM.
BlackBeltJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2023, 11:48 PM   #4127
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Well, I'm cynical that way, lol. I think the whole exclusivity and dream toy thing is just a marketing ploy to play on people's egos and the fear of losing out on something special etc. Plus, it just makes more business sense: they spent a lot of money and effort designing and tooling the thing for it to be one and done forever, especially now that it will have the attention of all the people that passed on it. If toy companies love to do anything...it's to squeeze all they can out of tooling. Now that the VAMP is on the way and showed that people will poney up for vehicles this size, again, there's just too much money to be made for them still for it to not see some kind of release again, at some point imo. Perhaps not soon, so as to not out themselves too quickly, but eventually.
Don't get me wrong I am also of the opinion that Hasbro would do it if they felt it was worth the money.

However the second they start releasing Haslab molds in any form (including stripped down versions) they lose that revenues stream.

Again why spend the money they ask for a Haslab if you know they'll release it at "retail" in some form later? Look at the complaints about the vault rereleases, and that was (supposedly) for charity.

Right now the Haslab model works for Hasbro to sell larger, pricey, items that probably wouldn't sell at retail for full price. They would all eventually end up on clearance like the vast majority of large toy items do at retail. Haslab gives Hasbro the ability to (over)charge full price, make only as much product as needed (not counting damages,) and keep all the money without having to do all the usual wheeling and dealing with retailers/distributors they normally do. Plus they don't have to hope they sell. They either get enough orders and make the item, or they don't.

Again almost all upside for Hasbro, and they clearly like the Haslab model since they keep doing them even after some fail.

In the end we can expect Hasbro, like many other companies, to run this business model into the ground until it no longer works. Until then I expect Haslab molds won't get reuse. It has been 5 years and counting since the Khetanna released and nothing yet. Considering the secondary market on that I would think Hasbro would want to get that money, but they didn't. Heck they didn't even try to overcharge on the vault releases either.

Unicron will probably get another mold soon, but I would bet that it will be an anniversary mold for Armada/Energon/Cybertron.
Old 12-26-2023, 12:15 PM   #4128
wesperino
Mutant

Opened up a HISS yesterday and man o man what a toy! Everything is flawless on my copy no issues. I took apart the torrent and base and 180’d the base of it so that you can have the guns face forward and be locked into the tank. When they face the back, you can pop it out now.
wesperino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2023, 11:32 PM   #4129
4lott
Master of the Universe

While not 6 “ scale I found this on Amazon.Didn’t even know it existed. It’s a combination Zartan and soundwave
Transformers TRA Project JoJo https://a.co/d/fZfXAP4

Last edited by 4lott; 12-26-2023 at 11:38 PM.
4lott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2023, 12:12 AM   #4130
Robimus
Super Moderator

If the rumors of the $150usd to $200usd vehicles is true - that's a retail Haslab minus the three figures.

Which would make me think we will see that Hiss mold again, likely in Crimson.

Again, if that rumored vehicle price point is true.

I don't think the Hiss is the same as the Ghost or Sail Barge or Razorcrest in terms of marketing schemes for Hasbro. It has a lot of army building potential. They could end up as Pulse exclusives or something - so still controlled more than a mass release.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!

Last edited by Robimus; 12-27-2023 at 12:18 AM.
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote