ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 09-08-2010, 12:13 PM   #41
pattycakeman
Cylon Centurion
Re: Flavour of the Week

trying to track down a MP grimlock at retail is my next goal. I love having TFs in scale with 1:18 figures.
pattycakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 12:15 PM   #42
Evan
Jedi Knight

MOTUC Whiplash just arrived. I can't decide which head I like better.
Evan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 07:07 PM   #43
RyDel
Super Friend

My Sideshow Exclusive 12" Coruscant Clone should be arriving tomorrow by FedEx.

*waits in anticipation*
RyDel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 11:11 PM   #44
pud333
Master of the Universe

My Roy Focker Valkyrie.

This thing is... amazing. I haven't been able to put it down since I got it last week. Wow. Was so excited about this, I just had to say a few things about it:

http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/board...ead.php?t=5448
Old 09-15-2010, 10:18 AM   #45
Prowl_2009
Guardian of Gotham

MP-Grimlock! Sure, he's not the Takara version, not by a long shot, but for his price point he is a can't miss! Dinosaur mode looks great and is a real throw back to his Classic G1 self! The chrome looks great and the addition of the Dinobot crown of leadership is staggeringly cool!

Robot mode is sweet and I love the addition of the blaster and light-up sword. Everything about this toy is awesome, and while I am not a huge fan of the head-swivel gimmick on this guy, I can seriously overlook it for what I got!

I mean, you can even change his eye color depending on whether your preferance is the Transformers comic version of Grimlock or the G1 cartoon!

Not the easiest piece to get out of his box, be careful when pulling him out of the plastic tray within, but when all is said and done, this is an amazing Transformer. He's not easy to track down, but when, and if you do, grab him!

If you're looking for a bargin, or just don't have the much more expensive, allbeit, more elaborite Takara version, get the TRU Exclusive MP-Grimlock! You won't be disappointed!!!

5/5 Easy.

My Blog: Infinite Earths
Twitter: @InfinteEarths
Facebook
Prowl_2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 12:09 PM   #46
Scrapper6
Cylon Centurion

While fiddling with Pre Vizsla from my recent (IE Yesterday's SW Purchase) SW CW Purchase I discovered that he even has wrist joints that allow him to pose his wrists in certain ways. WHY HAVE I NOT BEEN COLLECTING CLONE WARS FIGURES BEFORE NOW!???

And he's my first Mandalorian Based Character since I sold off my Power of the Force Boba Fett a few years back. Are they all going to be this cool?

IG-88 is fun to fiddle with too, for a droid, my motto is this, you can never have too many Clones or Droids. Bring on the Clone Wars Collecting Fun.
Scrapper6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 11:00 AM   #47
Prowl_2009
Guardian of Gotham

This week is all about Star Wars: Saga Legends (2010) Bossk! As a kid, I had the POTF2 version from 1997 and I have to say this new take on the galaxies most famous Trandoshan is leaps and bounds better than the original.

The sculpt on the new figure is superb, a spot-on ringer for his TESB counterpart. The detailing, even down to the scales is phenomenal. Now, don't get me wrong, I loved the POTF2 original, but next to this new update, the 1998 Bossk looks like the Gorn from Star Trek.

Saga Legends (2010) Bossk comes complete with a grenade launcher as his primary weapon with some secret stashed weapons hidden within the packaging similar to what Hasbro did with their Evolutions sets from 2007. These extra surprises include four small hand blasters, a large rifle and what appear to be ion cannons. He also has a stats card, dice and stand. The old Bossk came with a blaster pistol and rifle, similar to the weapons he carried around in TESB, but there was quite a serious lack of detail. Where new Bossk's weapons contain detail going down to the shoulder straps being made in a different color, the old weapons were a boring and flat grey.

Saga Legends 2010 Bossk also has some excellent articulation, which of course allows for some excellent posibility. Old Bossk has the standard 5-points, but I will not hold that against a 13 year old figure that was totally awesome for its time.

So, all in all, Saga Legends 2010 Bossk is leaps and bounds over the original. While I will say, for it's time, there was nothing wrong with POTF2 Bossk, it's truly nothing compared to this amazing update!

Get him when you can, he usually only ships about one per case along with the new version of IG-88 and doesn't stay on the pegs long.

5/5

NOTE: Check out the comparison pictures down below...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (40.1 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (23.2 KB, 6 views)

Facebook

Last edited by Prowl_2009; 09-28-2010 at 11:05 AM.
Old 09-28-2010, 02:17 PM   #48
CTO15
Avengers Assemble!

Marvel universe Wave 9/10
CTO15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 10:07 AM   #49
Prowl_2009
Guardian of Gotham

This week, perhaps due to the fact that I am reading Tales from the Mos Eisley Cantina, another Saga Legends (2010) Star Wars bounty hunter has gotten my attention : Everyone's favourite Rodian - Greedo! As a kid, I had many oppertunities to get the POTF2 version from 1996, but never did. It wasn't that I didn't like the figure, because I did, and still do. He just wasn't very high on my toy list back then. However, when this new Greedo was announced by Hasbro to be included in the 2010 line-up, he moved right up to one of my Top 10 for the year! Seriously, he's that awesome!

The sculpt on the new figure is again, leaps and bounds ahead of the POTF2 version and a spot-on ringer for his ANH counterpart. And the addition of that soft-goods vest makes him that much cooler in my books! The paint is good, I've seen tonnes of these over the last few months and have only ever seen one with a major paint flaw. And I love how vibrent the paint on the new Greedo is, it's a real nice shade of green compared to the 'brocolli soup' colored version from '96.

Saga Legends Greedo comes complete with his trusty Blaster Pistol as his primary weapon with some secret stashed weapons hidden within the packaging, as they are doing with all the SL figures this year. These extra surprises include five hand blasters and a Rodian Blaster Rifle. He also has a functional holster as well as a stats card, dice and stand - just like all the other 2010 SL pieces. POTF2 Greedo came with a blaster pistol and Rodian Blaster Rifle, even though we never saw him with the latter in ANH and again, although the toy was good for its time, the detail was sorely lacking, allbeit, not to the extent of POTF2 Bossk.

Also, like all the newly updated characters being released these days, Greedo has some excellent articulation that has been vastily improved upon over Old Greedo and the standard 5-points from back in the day. Still, POTF2 Greedo was awesome for its time and as such, I don't want to make it out to be a bad figure, because it isn't.

So, to sum it all up, Saga Legends 2010 Greedo is simply awesome and vastily superior over the original. Again, there is nothing wrong with the original, but Hasbro's update really is that good.

He shouldn't be too hard to find, so get him when you can!

5/5

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Greedo.jpg (89.1 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Greedo2.jpg (72.3 KB, 6 views)

Facebook
Old 10-08-2010, 08:32 PM   #50
Scrapper6
Cylon Centurion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowl_2009 View Post
This week, perhaps due to the fact that I am reading Tales from the Mos Eisley Cantina, another Saga Legends (2010) Star Wars bounty hunter has gotten my attention : Everyone's favourite Rodian - Greedo! As a kid, I had many oppertunities to get the POTF2 version from 1996, but never did. It wasn't that I didn't like the figure, because I did, and still do. He just wasn't very high on my toy list back then. However, when this new Greedo was announced by Hasbro to be included in the 2010 line-up, he moved right up to one of my Top 10 for the year! Seriously, he's that awesome!

The sculpt on the new figure is again, leaps and bounds ahead of the POTF2 version and a spot-on ringer for his ANH counterpart. And the addition of that soft-goods vest makes him that much cooler in my books! The paint is good, I've seen tonnes of these over the last few months and have only ever seen one with a major paint flaw. And I love how vibrent the paint on the new Greedo is, it's a real nice shade of green compared to the 'brocolli soup' colored version from '96.

Saga Legends Greedo comes complete with his trusty Blaster Pistol as his primary weapon with some secret stashed weapons hidden within the packaging, as they are doing with all the SL figures this year. These extra surprises include five hand blasters and a Rodian Blaster Rifle. He also has a functional holster as well as a stats card, dice and stand - just like all the other 2010 SL pieces. POTF2 Greedo came with a blaster pistol and Rodian Blaster Rifle, even though we never saw him with the latter in ANH and again, although the toy was good for its time, the detail was sorely lacking, allbeit, not to the extent of POTF2 Bossk.

Also, like all the newly updated characters being released these days, Greedo has some excellent articulation that has been vastily improved upon over Old Greedo and the standard 5-points from back in the day. Still, POTF2 Greedo was awesome for its time and as such, I don't want to make it out to be a bad figure, because it isn't.

So, to sum it all up, Saga Legends 2010 Greedo is simply awesome and vastily superior over the original. Again, there is nothing wrong with the original, but Hasbro's update really is that good.

He shouldn't be too hard to find, so get him when you can!

5/5

Why does that pic show a General Grievous card instead of Greedo's?
Scrapper6 is offline   Reply With Quote