ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 12-24-2021, 08:38 AM   #4451
philtastic
Master of the Universe
Re: Star Wars Black Series discussion

GameStop just changed the date of the 212th Clone Trooper to Dec 27, 2022. Yes, 2022… I'm hoping that's a typo, and that it's actually coming out in three days, not a year from now.
philtastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2021, 11:38 AM   #4452
Wheelwave
Master of the Universe

The arc troopers are up for preorder at EB Games. All 4 of them.

Star Wars Black Series Return of the Jedi 40th anniversary Darth Vader
Wheelwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2021, 12:35 PM   #4453
philtastic
Master of the Universe

$42.99 for a single non "deluxe" figure? And a repaint, at that. If I didn't have the Edge card, this might be the first pass in a long time. This shit is getting out of control.
philtastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2021, 01:24 PM   #4454
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by philtastic View Post
$42.99 for a single non "deluxe" figure? And a repaint, at that. If I didn't have the Edge card, this might be the first pass in a long time. This shit is getting out of control.
And here I thought $24.99 was a little too much back in 2015. I'd have never dreamed we'd be pushing $40 for basic and paying $40 for exclusive. Like I've said many times, if the price increases gave us a better quality product I'd be fine with it but the sad fact is for most release its almost getting worse.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2021, 02:56 PM   #4455
Arishikage
Cylon Centurion

Thanks for the notice! I ordered one, and it was a little cheaper with membership but still enough to qualify for free shipping on its own. Won't be grabbing any spares at those prices, though.

Hope everyone has a good evening tonight, regardless of what holidays you celebrate!
Arishikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2021, 10:15 PM   #4456
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

Quote:
Originally Posted by philtastic View Post
I?ve got an Onyx Edge Card and even at that level it?s already well beyond ridiculous. I feel like as a community we really need to start taking a stand with Hasbro or by this time next year a standard 6 inch figure from them is going to be $60. Between the out of control price hikes, the shit distribution, the lazy repaints, the over reliance on exclusives at the expense of the mainlines- these tactics across all of their brands is just unacceptable. Hasbro really, really needs a wake up call at this point.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2021, 12:46 AM   #4457
wedge1021
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Quinn View Post
Between the out of control price hikes, the shit distribution, the lazy repaints, the over reliance on exclusives at the expense of the mainlines- these tactics across all of their brands is just unacceptable. Hasbro really, really needs a wake up call at this point.
This is how toy lines die off. When you rely on exclusives, price hikes, etc to keep things going, it is not sustainable and eventually something will give.
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2021, 03:04 AM   #4458
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge1021 View Post
This is how toy lines die off. When you rely on exclusives, price hikes, etc to keep things going, it is not sustainable and eventually something will give.
I doubt anything will give. Too many collectors have FOMO and the compulsive need to buy everything a company puts out and sadly those kinds of collectors are the bread and butter of Hasbro
Old 12-25-2021, 01:00 PM   #4459
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
I doubt anything will give. Too many collectors have FOMO and the compulsive need to buy everything a company puts out and sadly those kinds of collectors are the bread and butter of Hasbro
It does make me chuckle though when Hasbro tells us we collectors aren?t their main customers and that we only make up a fraction of their sales. Like sure, Hasbro, it?s kids buying $45 clone trooper repaints, right?

I know they?re making bank on basic lines and stuff like Transformers Cyberverse and Star Wars Mission Fleet and such, but it?s the $30+ lines that make up the majority of space on store shelves these days, and it sure ain?t kids hustling their parents into picking up ?Deluxe? Cobb Vanth, or a $66 MCU Vulture, or a $70 Dracula Crossover Transformer. We?re keeping the lights on for them, and it?d be nice if they at least started to acknowledge that.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2021, 01:32 PM   #4460
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Quinn View Post
It does make me chuckle though when Hasbro tells us we collectors aren?t their main customers and that we only make up a fraction of their sales. Like sure, Hasbro, it?s kids buying $45 clone trooper repaints, right?

I know they?re making bank on basic lines and stuff like Transformers Cyberverse and Star Wars Mission Fleet and such, but it?s the $30+ lines that make up the majority of space on store shelves these days, and it sure ain?t kids hustling their parents into picking up ?Deluxe? Cobb Vanth, or a $66 MCU Vulture, or a $70 Dracula Crossover Transformer. We?re keeping the lights on for them, and it?d be nice if they at least started to acknowledge that.
In Canada yeah, no way kids are getting $35 action figures, but in the States I think parents are still buying Legends for their kids since it's only $22 or so but if the prices continue to go up there that will come to an end too. Either way Hasbro has gotten WAY too big for their britches the past 10 years and blatantly do not care about the consumers with their excessive price hikes and repaints/exclusives. Granted Marvel Legends aren't too bad when it comes to exclusives/repaints/repacks but good Lord is Lightning collection and Star Wars Bad..