ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 10-12-2022, 08:09 AM   #11
Canukle
Clonetrooper
Re: Toys R Us Canada Announces all Collector Items Products as FINAL SALE

I would be ok with it, if the manufacturers were good about exchanging or replacing manufacturer errors instead of the store.

I guess, save the proof of purchase and try to shift responsibility to the manufacturers next time you get something with an error or damage.
Canukle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 10:05 AM   #12
philtastic
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canukle View Post
I would be ok with it, if the manufacturers were good about exchanging or replacing manufacturer errors instead of the store.

I guess, save the proof of purchase and try to shift responsibility to the manufacturers next time you get something with an error or damage.
Or boycott buying their blind boxes. That'll send a stronger message.
philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 10:20 AM   #13
MapleMegatron
Agent of Shield

Quote:

Manufacturers are ok with it, at least Mattel, Lego and Hasbro (haven't had issues with others) The problem is they rarely have extra copies of the toy you'd like replaced since they (hopefully) sell all their product to retailers. So they tend to give you a refund (Mattel) or a toy of equal value (Hasbro).
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 11:36 AM   #14
Canukle
Clonetrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
Manufacturers are ok with it, at least Mattel, Lego and Hasbro (haven't had issues with others) The problem is they rarely have extra copies of the toy you'd like replaced since they (hopefully) sell all their product to retailers. So they tend to give you a refund (Mattel) or a toy of equal value (Hasbro).
that's really not too bad, then - it just means that people will have to get used to going to the manufacturer for some things, instead of back to the store. It's not as immediate, and it's an extra step, but the result is the same (since there's no guarantee that the retail store will have the same product in stock anyway)

Sucks a bit more for parents buying gifts for their kids, but I'd bet that action figures and collectibles are a small percentage of that market anyway
Old 10-12-2022, 02:13 PM   #15
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
that's really not too bad, then - it just means that people will have to get used to going to the manufacturer for some things, instead of back to the store. It's not as immediate, and it's an extra step, but the result is the same (since there's no guarantee that the retail store will have the same product in stock anyway)

Sucks a bit more for parents buying gifts for their kids, but I'd bet that action figures and collectibles are a small percentage of that market anyway
Kids aren't buying ML's so they won't be affected by this.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 03:17 PM   #16
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

TRU Brampton had no signage about returns for collectibles yet.

They accepted my return no questions asked.
sixshot1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 03:32 PM   #17
Canukle
Clonetrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
To be fair, kids aren't really the ones buying toys at all...

But even then, Toys R Us has a huge amount of product. Most of their inventory won't be affected by this.
Old 10-12-2022, 04:01 PM   #18
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
To be fair, kids aren't really the ones buying toys at all...

But even then, Toys R Us has a huge amount of product. Most of their inventory won't be affected by this.
I dont know what youre inplying with the first sentence so I'll give 2 responses. Adult collectibles are only a small margin in profits when compared to kids toys. Kids still are wanting toys. It's just they grow out of them faster opposed to previous decades in time.If that's not what you mean and meant it more literally. Yeah I know kids themselves aren't buying toys lol.

Last edited by Zeroflamez; 10-12-2022 at 04:03 PM.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 07:13 PM   #19
Canukle
Clonetrooper

Quote:
I dont know what youre inplying with the first sentence ...
I had said: "Sucks a bit more for parents buying gifts for their kids, but I'd bet that action figures and collectibles are a small percentage of that market anyway"

Some parents that buy these as a gift for their (and I'm sure there are some - kids come in older varieties, too) will probably be a little annoyed by the new policy. The kids themselves won't be affected. That's all I was saying.

Anyway, it's all a little more inconvenient, but hardly the death of TRU as some people say
Old 10-12-2022, 07:43 PM   #20
MapleMegatron
Agent of Shield

Quote:
Don't parents/kids buy 80% of Marvel Legends toys stock? If it was just collectors, they would be sold exclusively online rather than the kid toy section of retail stores.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote