ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 11-20-2020, 09:28 PM   #1131
dbaso
Clonetrooper
Re: Hasbro Power Rangers Lightning Collection Line

Don’t worry they’ll rerelease Goldar for the 3rd time in the monster scale. Just with a new sword and lightning effect....sigh.
dbaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 10:49 PM   #1132
MorphGrid
Cobra Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
LOL what even is that swap? What was the point? and why did he keep that awful Zack head? Man smdh I don't even know anymore. He even swapped the exclusive Black Ranger that's harder to get for the one that is significantly easier to get. I don't understand how this guy benefits from this swap. This community..
Lmao I really don't get it either. I understand people are miffed that Dragon Shield Black Ranger is a one-off, but I think that's the appeal of it. As a figure, it's really nice. I see no point in buying regular Black Ranger (especially with how awful the Zack sculpt is).
MorphGrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 11:45 PM   #1133
Ksteel
Mutant

I agree. I'm really happy with Dragon Shield Black. It's a slick upgrade. Can't go wrong with black and gold.

But I'm not an MMPR fan per say. I recognize that MMPR was one of the lamer eras of PR, and I'm more on board with PRiS to RPM.

For those who want the genuine MMPR suits, as they appeared regularly, I can understand why they want standard MMPR Black.

Quote:
Lol finally someone other than myself are starting to see how Hasbro really doesn't care about this line. There's barely any paint on Sphinx or Pumpkin at all. What are we paying the extra money for? The new mold? Cause even then, King Sphinx head sculpt is inaccurate and the 90s toy is more accurate in comparison. So we're paying for half assed figures. This whole line is half assed. Even production for the figures are half assed. The QC is the worst of the 3 main Hasbro lines and something like the DT White incident would never have happened if it werea Marvel Legend or Black Series. I only collect Lightning Collection cause there are no other alternative and I think Hasbro knows they have no competitors so they can afford to not care and people will still buy. I know a lot of people think I'm negative on here but I just don't like the idea of toy companies getting to be lazy and put minimum effort into their products while still wanting me to pay full price for it..

Lol I told people months ago that these looked like crap and not to buy them. Yet people still insisted that Hasbro would fix the paint on the final product. Unfortunately people are going to still buy these anyway and Hasbro will keep getting away with this. Soon they'll be shipping out figures where we have to apply paint apps ourselves. Paint sold separately and only available on the Hasbro Pulse website too by the way.

Lol. Go to Rangerboard. Plenty of users are complaining about Hasbro's questionable choices with the Lightning line lately on there and on Youtube.

To be honest, if you're a customizer... you may be able to make these Monster figures look half-decent.

But you still have a major SCALE problem with them... like they tower over Goldar in height and proportions. They look completely off next to the rangers.... yet they are too small to scale with the Megazords.

Making them larger was so boneheaded. They definitely aren't worth the more expensive price tag. They'll probably be $40 Canadian at EB.
Ksteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 12:04 AM   #1134
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksteel View Post
I agree. I'm really happy with Dragon Shield Black. It's a slick upgrade. Can't go wrong with black and gold.

But I'm not an MMPR fan per say. I recognize that MMPR was one of the lamer eras of PR, and I'm more on board with PRiS to RPM.

For those who want the genuine MMPR suits, as they appeared regularly, I can understand why they want standard MMPR Black.

Lol. Go to Rangerboard. Plenty of users are complaining about Hasbro's questionable choices with the Lightning line lately on there and on Youtube.

To be honest, if you're a customizer... you may be able to make these Monster figures look half-decent.

But you still have a major SCALE problem with them... like they tower over Goldar in height and proportions. They look completely off next to the rangers.... yet they are too small to scale with the Megazords.

Making them larger was so boneheaded. They definitely aren't worth the more expensive price tag. They'll probably be $40 Canadian at EB.
I haven't logged on Ranger Board since like 2008. So I wouldn't know what goes on there anymore. I just know that any time I have criticisms for LC or Mfarlane Multiverse and post about it in the comments on Youtube videos I get jumped on lol. Most Youtube reviewers I see reviewing Lightning collection haven't really been hard on it outside of Anthony's customs. I feel like too many action figure reviewers shill too hard now days for Hasbro and Mcfarlane lines all across the board.
Zeroflamez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 01:39 AM   #1135
Ksteel
Mutant

Josh aka LightningfigPR is quite reasonable and probably is the best youtube source for Lightning Collection developments. He calls out the shortcomings of the line. The biggest shill is Mmprtoys on Youtube. That guy is a clown.

Anthonycustoms is a true g. His reviews have convinced me to buy certain figures and avoid others.

Also, some users on RB have gotten the VS twopacks already. I want that Andros figure, but Astronema..pass.

https://twitter.com/RangerBoard/stat...61582243573761

Last edited by Ksteel; 11-21-2020 at 02:33 AM.
Old 11-21-2020, 02:21 AM   #1136
cloud
Master of the Universe

Quote:
I haven't logged on Ranger Board since like 2008. So I wouldn't know what goes on there anymore. I just know that any time I have criticisms for LC or Mfarlane Multiverse and post about it in the comments on Youtube videos I get jumped on lol. Most Youtube reviewers I see reviewing Lightning collection haven't really been hard on it outside of Anthony's customs. I feel like too many action figure reviewers shill too hard now days for Hasbro and Mcfarlane lines all across the board.

Lightning Collection still has quite a bit to work on. but in general people are happy to see a 6" line with actor head sculpts that are decent. The distribution is weird and the line up feels all over the place.

Anthony's custom I never really pay much attention to. He's kinda whines a lot and his reviews are full of negativity. Not about the toys but just himself in general. It's like nothing is good enough for him.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 03:31 AM   #1137
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Josh aka LightningfigPR is quite reasonable and probably is the best youtube source for Lightning Collection developments. He calls out the shortcomings of the line. The biggest shill is Mmprtoys on Youtube. That guy is a clown.

Anthonycustoms is a true g. His reviews have convinced me to buy certain figures and avoid others.

Also, some users on RB have gotten the VS twopacks already. I want that Andros figure, but Astronema..pass.

https://twitter.com/RangerBoard/stat...61582243573761
MMPR Toys a shill? In my opinion I don't think he is, but even if he was, the production time for his videos take so long that by the time he gets his video out everyone has seen a ton of reviews or owns the figure already. Shilling only really works best when you get the product before anyone else. Good examples of shills are Shartmus Prime. He sat there being disappointed by the articulation and other problems the kick starter spawn had for like 15 minutes only to say he loves it in the end(spoiler alert he was sent the figure for free). Too many reviewers now days trying to get product deals or trying to keep their existing ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud View Post
Lightning Collection still has quite a bit to work on. but in general people are happy to see a 6" line with actor head sculpts that are decent. The distribution is weird and the line up feels all over the place.

Anthony's custom I never really pay much attention to. He's kinda whines a lot and his reviews are full of negativity. Not about the toys but just himself in general. It's like nothing is good enough for him.
Yeah I get what you mean, he reviews figures pretty objectively. He's saved me money over the years though and he isn't a shill so I'll take his word over most reviewers. I just appreciate someone who will review a figure honestly even if it comes off as negative, cause it's not like these companies are doing us any favors. Especially lately in Canada with price hikes. I wouldn't mind the current problems the line has as much if I wasn't paying $25-30 a figure before tax.

Last edited by Zeroflamez; 11-21-2020 at 03:44 AM.
Old 11-21-2020, 03:56 AM   #1138
Ksteel
Mutant

Quote:
MMPR Toys a shill? In my opinion I don't think he is, but even if he was, the production time for his videos take so long that by the time he gets his video out everyone has seen a ton of reviews or owns the figure already. Shilling only really works best when you get the product before anyone else. Good examples of shills are Shartmus Prime. He sat there being disappointed by the articulation and other problems the kick starter spawn had for like 15 minutes only to say he loves it in the end(spoiler alert he was sent the figure for free). Too many reviewers now days trying to get product deals or trying to keep their existing ones.
Yeah he's definitely a shill. He's part of that same circle as BlackNerdAndre that was chosen to be 'official' fans in the 'Power Force' a few years back;
https://tucsonpowerzealot.files.word...6/img_1594.jpg

He only posts positives about the figures, no criticism. And is only positive about the show and brand. Even during.. (cringe) Ninja Steel.

MCUCollector is another fairly good Youtube reviewer for Lightning. He tries to be positive about it, but calls out all the problems..like the QC issues.
Old 11-21-2020, 11:28 AM   #1139
MorphGrid
Cobra Trooper

Quote:
Yeah he's definitely a shill. He's part of that same circle as BlackNerdAndre that was chosen to be 'official' fans in the 'Power Force' a few years back;
https://tucsonpowerzealot.files.word...6/img_1594.jpg

He only posts positives about the figures, no criticism. And is only positive about the show and brand. Even during.. (cringe) Ninja Steel.

MCUCollector is another fairly good Youtube reviewer for Lightning. He tries to be positive about it, but calls out all the problems..like the QC issues.
Idk if he is a shill, he's been making complaints about some of the QC of the Lightning Collection figures. In fact, when I was looking at Dino Megazord reviews, he was saying how the Hasbro version was overpriced for what they were offering.

He's definitely more positive and has some of the fanboy mentality (makes sense, he was part of the production of Wild Force iirc), but not necessarily a shill.
MorphGrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 02:30 PM   #1140
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorphGrid View Post
Idk if he is a shill, he's been making complaints about some of the QC of the Lightning Collection figures. In fact, when I was looking at Dino Megazord reviews, he was saying how the Hasbro version was overpriced for what they were offering.

He's definitely more positive and has some of the fanboy mentality (makes sense, he was part of the production of Wild Force iirc), but not necessarily a shill.
Yeah I was about to say everything you said. Thanks saving me time.

Last edited by Zeroflamez; 11-21-2020 at 02:34 PM.