ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 08-17-2018, 05:14 PM   #701
cli1ck
Articulation Junkie
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkdog View Post
Does anyone think they'll do a re-issue of sorts of Mr. Fantastic? I kinda want to do a Spidey custom with him, but not really looking to pay over retail.
A straight up reissue seems unlikely, though I smell a convention/retailer/amazon exclusive for a box set with all of the F4 in the future with slight changes.
What custom were you thinking of making? Bombastic Bag-man? If so, the feet from the newest Namor could work. They may be a bit big though.
Old 08-17-2018, 06:51 PM   #702
Sharkdog
Premium Blend

Bingo! Bombastic Bag Man for my Spidey setup. I was actually thinking of using Namor's feet if I run into him for cheap at some point. I have an Ex-Nihilo lying around but I think his feet might be XXL :P
Sharkdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 09:42 PM   #703
ApathyML
Super Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkdog View Post
Bingo! Bombastic Bag Man for my Spidey setup. I was actually thinking of using Namor's feet if I run into him for cheap at some point. I have an Ex-Nihilo lying around but I think his feet might be XXL :P
If you're not afraid of a bit of modding, the Superior-venom feet would be the perfect size.
ApathyML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 11:24 PM   #704
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
Thats cool. But EB Games seems to get them all regardless (kinda like entertainment earth in the US). Sif and Thor is at TRU while Crossbones and Cap along with the first armour tony set are at Walmart, and EB games carries those too. So I was wondering if maybe he would show up at TRU or Walmart.

I am personally not a big fan of EB Games and I dont have a platinum Edge account so if i had another option I would go for it. Is the regular price they are charging 34.99 for Ultron or 29.99 ?

Also, I find it odd that Amazon.ca ended up with none of these exclusives.
I’m going to assume the $34.99. When I preordered mine I had to put $5 down, which I did not have to do when I preordered Thing ($29.99). I think $30 is the cut off for free preordering.

I would strongly encourage popping down the $15 for the Platinum Card and cozying up to the staff at your local EB. I’ve saved over $70 this year primarily buying Legends Figures and a few TFs. And now the staff literally calls me whenever they get a new case in, so I find it makes ‘the hunt’ a touch less annoying. I’ve got 2 TRUs, and 2 Walmarts in my town and still find it easier to get my figures at EB than the other two.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 12:26 AM   #705
wedge1021
Mutant

Quote:
Thats cool. But EB Games seems to get them all regardless (kinda like entertainment earth in the US). Sif and Thor is at TRU while Crossbones and Cap along with the first armour tony set are at Walmart, and EB games carries those too. So I was wondering if maybe he would show up at TRU or Walmart.

I am personally not a big fan of EB Games and I dont have a platinum Edge account so if i had another option I would go for it. Is the regular price they are charging 34.99 for Ultron or 29.99 ?

Also, I find it odd that Amazon.ca ended up with none of these exclusives.
Ultron, Ronan, Hulkbuster 2pk, etc are all exclusives in the US so will only show up at EB Games. Those others are general release so that's why they're showing up at TRU and WM too (although a bit sporadically). It's a bit confusing for the Anniversary Line because they're not consistent - some are general release, while others are exclusive to WM, TRU, Target and Gamestop.

I am just glad that EB Games is picking up most/all of the non-WM & TRU exclusives now. Imagine how much of a pain it would be to track these all down otherwise. And way more expensive! I used to order the Walgreens exclusives from the States but now am happy to save myself the hassle. My Edge card paid for itself multiple times already this year.
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 11:27 PM   #706
MapleMegatron
Agent of Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Quinn View Post
I’m going to assume the $34.99. When I preordered mine I had to put $5 down, which I did not have to do when I preordered Thing ($29.99). I think $30 is the cut off for free preordering.
I would strongly encourage popping down the $15 for the Platinum Card and cozying up to the staff at your local EB. I’ve saved over $70 this year primarily buying Legends Figures and a few TFs. And now the staff literally calls me whenever they get a new case in, so I find it makes ‘the hunt’ a touch less annoying. I’ve got 2 TRUs, and 2 Walmarts in my town and still find it easier to get my figures at EB than the other two.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge1021 View Post
Ultron, Ronan, Hulkbuster 2pk, etc are all exclusives in the US so will only show up at EB Games. Those others are general release so that's why they're showing up at TRU and WM too (although a bit sporadically). It's a bit confusing for the Anniversary Line because they're not consistent - some are general release, while others are exclusive to WM, TRU, Target and Gamestop.
I am just glad that EB Games is picking up most/all of the non-WM & TRU exclusives now. Imagine how much of a pain it would be to track these all down otherwise. And way more expensive! I used to order the Walgreens exclusives from the States but now am happy to save myself the hassle. My Edge card paid for itself multiple times already this year.
Thanks everyone. I did just that. I went to preorder it at EB Game and got an Edge card. I am still super puzzled by what is exclusive and what isnt. Does this mean we can expect Red Skull at Walmart? Or The Crossbones set at TRU? Or is it shared exclusives between each of them and EB?

And yes, I am very thankful that these are distributed in Canada in some shape or form. I of course would rather TRU due to their regular discounts and promotions, but being able to get them locally sure beats asking US friends and paying all that shipping.

My first love for toys is Transformers, so knowing that EB would get the walgreens stuff was really awesome.

Thanks again everyone!
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 12:51 AM   #707
ironmanhulkbuster
Cobra Trooper

The Thanos Infinity War 3 Pack is on target.com

For $70 USd

Works out to $99 CDN
ironmanhulkbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 01:31 AM   #708
wedge1021
Mutant

Quote:
Thanks everyone. I did just that. I went to preorder it at EB Game and got an Edge card. I am still super puzzled by what is exclusive and what isnt. Does this mean we can expect Red Skull at Walmart? Or The Crossbones set at TRU? Or is it shared exclusives between each of them and EB?

And yes, I am very thankful that these are distributed in Canada in some shape or form. I of course would rather TRU due to their regular discounts and promotions, but being able to get them locally sure beats asking US friends and paying all that shipping.

My first love for toys is Transformers, so knowing that EB would get the walgreens stuff was really awesome.

Thanks again everyone!
Both Red Skull and Cap/Crossbones are general release. Eb Games was just the quickest to get them in stores.

Right now, TRU has several in stock online, plus they're on sale - Red Skull $28, Cap/Crossbones $56, Thor/Sif $56, Ant-Man/Yellowjacket $56, Iron Man Mk VII $28
http://www.toysrus.ca/search/index.j...tudios&x=0&y=0
Most of these are also on sale on Amazon.ca right now too.

Walmart has Iron Man Mk VII and Cap/Crossbones online, as well as their exclusive Iron Man/Tony Stark (out of stock).

Here's a list of the full 10-Year Line, with exclusives noted:
#1: Iron Man 1 ---------- Tony Stark & Iron Man Mk I ---------------------------- WALMART
#2: Captain America ---- Red Skull/Hydra Agents
#3: Avengers ------------ Iron Man Mk VII
#4: Iron Man 3 ---------- "Hot Rod" Iron Man, Pepper Potts & The Mandarin ---- TOYS"R"US
#5: Thor 2 --------------- Thor & Sif
#6: GOTG vol. 1 --------- Ronan ------------------------------ EB GAMES (in Canada)
#7: Age of Ultron -------- Hulk & Hulkbuster ----------------- EB GAMES (in Canada)
#8: Ant-Man ------------- Ant-Man & Yellowjacket
#9: Civil War ------------- Captain America & Crossbones
#10 Infinity War --------- Iron Man Mk L, Doctor Strange & Thanos
#?: Age of Ultron -------- Ultron ------------------------------- EB GAMES (in Canada)

If there's no exclusive marked, it's a general release item. However, that doesn't guarantee that every other outlet will stock all of them.
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 08:44 AM   #709
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironmanhulkbuster View Post
The Thanos Infinity War 3 Pack is on target.com

For $70 USd

Works out to $99 CDN
But yeah, sure EB. $150 sounds right too, lol.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 01:44 PM   #710
MapleMegatron
Agent of Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge1021 View Post
Both Red Skull and Cap/Crossbones are general release. Eb Games was just the quickest to get them in stores.

Right now, TRU has several in stock online, plus they're on sale - Red Skull $28, Cap/Crossbones $56, Thor/Sif $56, Ant-Man/Yellowjacket $56, Iron Man Mk VII $28
http://www.toysrus.ca/search/index.j...tudios&x=0&y=0
Most of these are also on sale on Amazon.ca right now too.

Walmart has Iron Man Mk VII and Cap/Crossbones online, as well as their exclusive Iron Man/Tony Stark (out of stock).

Here's a list of the full 10-Year Line, with exclusives noted:
#1: Iron Man 1 ---------- Tony Stark & Iron Man Mk I ---------------------------- WALMART
#2: Captain America ---- Red Skull/Hydra Agents
#3: Avengers ------------ Iron Man Mk VII
#4: Iron Man 3 ---------- "Hot Rod" Iron Man, Pepper Potts & The Mandarin ---- TOYS"R"US
#5: Thor 2 --------------- Thor & Sif
#6: GOTG vol. 1 --------- Ronan ------------------------------ EB GAMES (in Canada)
#7: Age of Ultron -------- Hulk & Hulkbuster ----------------- EB GAMES (in Canada)
#8: Ant-Man ------------- Ant-Man & Yellowjacket
#9: Civil War ------------- Captain America & Crossbones
#10 Infinity War --------- Iron Man Mk L, Doctor Strange & Thanos
#?: Age of Ultron -------- Ultron ------------------------------- EB GAMES (in Canada)

If there's no exclusive marked, it's a general release item. However, that doesn't guarantee that every other outlet will stock all of them.
Thanks, that was super helpful, I bought Red Skull on Amazon just now (and they had a good deal on one of the Elite Praetorian Guards
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote