ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Canadian Action Figure News

Old 02-25-2009, 10:26 PM   #1
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon
Submit your Questions for ActionFigureNews.ca's Hasbro G.I. Joe Q&A for February

ActionFigureNews.ca is pleased to join Hasbro's 2009 G.I. Joe Q&A. 2009 has already started off with a bang with the great Super Bowl ad for G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra, as well as the unveiling of many of the movie figures and vehicles at Toy Fair. If you would like to submit a question for the G.I. Joe Q&A you can simply post it in this thread by Sunday, March 1st. Answers to our questions are due back Friday, March 13th, 2009.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	logo.jpg
Views:	617
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	136  
Old 02-26-2009, 05:57 PM   #2
DistantFred
Re: Submit your Questions for ActionFigureNews.ca's Hasbro G.I. Joe Q&A for February

1- When will there be another Backstop figure? The 'International Team' element of the movie would essentially be an ideal excuse to revisit some of the team's international characters, such as Backstop (Canadian), Big Ben, Lt. Stone, Skymate, or even the Oktober Guard characters amalgamated into GI Joe.

2- Will the comic packs continue in any form in the movie line?

3- Given the larger packaging and larger gear complements of the movie single carded figures, how large of an increase in the MSRP for singles should we expect to see?

Last edited by DistantFred; 02-28-2009 at 04:39 PM.
DistantFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 10:30 PM   #3
CardiacArrest
Cobra Trooper
Re: Submit your Questions for ActionFigureNews.ca's Hasbro G.I. Joe Q&A for February

The only question that burns in my head is, Are we going to be getting the full assortment of the Rise of Cobra figures, vehicles, and playsets here in Canada?
Also how accessible will they be? i.e. will there be plenty of stock?
CardiacArrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 05:47 PM   #4
Eko123
Body without Organs

1. Will the upcoming Joe and Cobra 7-packs be available at mass retail (meaning Wal-Mart, Toys 'R Us and Zellers), or will they be online exclusives or direct market (meaning only through comic and collectible stores) only?

2. What plans are there to do a DVD set for the animated "G.I. Joe: The Movie"? I heard originally it was supposed to be included in the fifth DVD/figures box set, but that disc was replaced with a "Best of 80s Episodes" compilation instead.

3. For the regular Joe line, in addition to the classic Joes/Cobras, are there any plans to do figures of characters who were introduced in the previous Spy Troops/Valor vs. Venom Joe toy line? I'm talking about Joe characters like Kamakura, Dr. Link Talbot, Cadet Bombstrike and Barrel Roll, and Cobras like Scalpel, Munitia and the Dreadnok Burnout?

4. Are there any plans to do figures of characters that were introduced in the Devil's Due comics from a few years back, seeing as how Mercenary Wraith was one of them?

5. Are there any plans to reintroduce some of the Spy Troops/Valor vs. Venom vehicles in the regular Joe line? Although I loved the classic vehicles from the original 1980s to mid-1990s "Real American Hero" toy line, I must admit that some of the ones introduced in the ST/V vs.V lines were pretty cool too. They definitely would be compatible with the new figures.

6. Now that we've seen Red Star, will we see any other Oktober Guard characters done as figures? Big Bear would be nice (as he was from the original line), but I'd also like to see new sculpts of characters like Dragonsky and Daina too.

Last edited by Eko123; 08-12-2017 at 12:50 PM.
Eko123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 10:15 PM   #5
Robimus
Super Moderator

1.Any plans in the works for GIJOE/Transformers Crossover figures?
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 11:21 PM   #6
counteresperanto
Cobra Trooper

Are there any classic characters getting updated that we haven't seen yet?

Will there be any other "easter eggs" for old school fans (like Thunder) in the movie line?
counteresperanto is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
g.i. joe, hasbro q&a