ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 08-31-2021, 08:08 AM   #31
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions
Re: Haslab Projects General Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by philtastic View Post
I have a feeling the Rancor HasLab will be even bigger. In units sold, that is. Hopefully not in physical sizeā€¦

I don't know about that.

It will really depend on a number of factors. Price is obviously the big one. I guess the question is more about desirability. Is the Rancor a top tier character/ship/etc. in people's minds? The Razor Crest had the benefit of being the Hero ship in the hottest Star Wars property at the time. Plus there was no other option for a Razor Crest, at the time, that was even close to the same scale. Rancor has had a number of releases over the years, granted not at this scale.

And yes I know the same could be said for the Sentinel and Galactus. However I personally don't see the Rancor at the same level. Who knows, I am probably wrong. I was wrong about Galactus (I didn't think he would beat the Razor Crest). Maybe the Rancor will end up being the biggest selling Haslab ever.

I think the tiers, and "special" features are what will really push the Rancor. Will it be simply hard plastic with visible joints, or will they try and take a risk with some kind of skin overlay? How much articulation will there be? (I assume a lot) Who will be the figures included? Most likely the Keeper and Oola(?) as they would probably be very difficult to sell at regular retail.

As an aside, I also wonder about expectations for Haslab projects going forward. So far each consecutive project has exceeded the previous project. Exclude Heroquest because they simply went by dollar value which is hard to translate into specific units sold. What happens when they finally have a project that doesn't do better than the previous project? Victory Saber is likely to fall into that category first. Again I could be wrong and Victory Saber exceeds 31,000 backers. However if the Rancor doesn't exceed Galactus, or the Razor Crest what does that mean to Hasbro? It would still be successful, but perception is also a factor in selling a product.

Anyway, I will just bask in the afterglow of the great run Galactus just had, and focus on Victory Saber until the Rancor starts.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 01:26 PM   #32
wedge1021
Mutant

I think "investors" are seeing how much these projects are going for on the secondary market, and that may have something to do with the increasing numbers every time.
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 01:29 PM   #33
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge1021 View Post
I think "investors" are seeing how much these projects are going for on the secondary market, and that may have something to do with the increasing numbers every time.
Which is funny because the more that sell should cause the aftermarket price to be lower

Also, apparently Hasbro opened up more markets to direct ordering from either Pulse, or partner retailers in most countries. It seems Latin America was the one big market that got the shaft though. They only had partnerships with retailers in Mexico and Chile. Either way that probably helped to boost the numbers as well.
Old 09-29-2021, 11:52 AM   #34
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

http://https://yakfaceforums.com/mai...o-the-u-s-now/

Yakface is reporting that the Razor Crest is in NY (according to the poster the shipment is in NY). The count says 438 pieces so who knows what exactly that means for the actual delivery time to buyers.
Old 09-29-2021, 02:09 PM   #35
MitchPower
Agent of Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
http://https://yakfaceforums.com/mai...o-the-u-s-now/

Yakface is reporting that the Razor Crest is in NY (according to the poster the shipment is in NY). The count says 438 pieces so who knows what exactly that means for the actual delivery time to buyers.
The star wars team in the last stream said it would ship in january
MitchPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 04:09 PM   #36
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchPower View Post
The star wars team in the last stream said it would ship in january
And the ML team said end of September for the Sentinel, but it started shipping at the beginning of September.

I imagine they are giving themselves some leeway with the dates by choosing a later date than expected. That way if they start earlier no one complains. Where as the opposite would be worse.
Old 09-29-2021, 09:39 PM   #37
Zone55555
Clonetrooper

They also have to pad their estimates given the abysmal state of shipping offloads in american ports.
Zone55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 10:07 AM   #38
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

So I finally was able to spare the time to sit and enjoy opening my Sentinel.

First the good. WOW is it a sight to behold, from the box to the figure itself. It really is an impressive figure. I seem to have lucked out, the knees hold fairly well and don't seem loose at all, but as others have said, I feel the joints are too "soft" and as such I can see them being a problem for stability in the future. I know others have said they were not that impressed by some of the alternate heads, but man I love all of them. Definitely Master Mold is the king, and that is how I will display the Sentinel, but the regular head, Tri-Sentinel and damaged heads are all great, and have their own unique quirks that I love. Love the tendrils as well, they look great, and are so sturdy yet pliable. Great work!! Also love the paint/colours. They really compliment the figure/look.

Second, the not so good. The joints worry me, but I guess that is future Marc's problem. I have a black blemish on my chest light, on the inside of course. So when I light it up I get a nice black dot on the bottom portion of the chest light. Of course now that I see it I can't ever un-see it. Also after I take the Sentinel out and stand him up I hear some rattling around at the back. My first thought is, of course, "Uh Oh." So I shake it a bit and I hear it some more. Now I'm freaking out that something is loose inside the figure, where I won't be able to reach it, or fix it. As I am taking the back panel off to access the battery cover a screw falls to the floor. I pick it up and it looks clean/unused. So then I proceed to use my LED flashlight to examine the figure from top to bottom, including all the deep, recessed spots where they put screws. The good(?) news? I can't find a missing screw anywhere. Every spot has a screw, that I can see at least. So I'm hoping it was just a extra that somehow fell in during assembly. My Debbie Downer side thinks it is from somewhere I can't see and I will find my Sentinel falling apart one day (I know, I know).

Anyway, good work on Hasbro's part, and I feel the figure and accessories are worth the money. I just wish they had better QC since it seems so many people have received their Sentinel with some problem.
Old 10-24-2021, 01:53 PM   #39
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Interesting note. As of right now the Skystriker is ahead of the Rancor by a little more than 100 units. That is with the Rancor having a 1 day head start.

I really can't wait to see the final numbers. I wonder if Hasbro has finally bitten off more than they should have with multiple Haslabs running at the same time, and so shortly after 2 other projects.

Combined with all the other stuff they announced at Pulse Con, preorders and ready to buy, it is a lot. I'm sure there are a lot of people who have to make some choices about what to get. Which is bound to hurt the numbers for the bigger, more expensive items.

I know personally I am choosing the Skystriker over the Rancor. I might get both if the funds look a little better closer to the end of the funding period, but that is unlikely. So my heart goes to what I love more, and what I think is the better value. Plus I would rather get 2 Skystrikers than 1 each of the Skystriker and Rancor if I can swing the funds.

Between all this new product, and the continuing price increases I am definitely cutting back and being more selective. I can see myself not being a completist for any of lines anymore.
Old 10-24-2021, 05:16 PM   #40
chaingunsofdoom
Master of the Universe

Don't forget the Proton pack is coming on 10-27. There's no way Hasbro should be running projects B2B and 3 all at the same time. If you follow even 2 of the 3 properties.... Hasbro: 'Please drop $1000 CAD with us before the Holidays'.
chaingunsofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote