ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 01-16-2023, 03:30 PM   #1471
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2023, 04:24 PM   #1472
Robimus
Super Moderator

I'd say it's more the character than the figure to me. Hasbro could make the most articulate Aunt Beru figure ever, I'm gonna be like "who really wanted this?"

It's a bit like Yarna Gargan. Yes, I'm sure there were collectors looking to complete their Jabba's Palace dioramas - but to make her a man line figure was silly.

Thus the rows of her at TRU and eventually the dollar clearance sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Jetfire View Post
That?s what I was thinking, but I was pleasantly surprised with how good he was. Call it low expectations, but if he had some type of blaster I?d put him up there with one of my favs. So strange to say that too.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2023, 04:25 PM   #1473
Robimus
Super Moderator

Great figure. Biggest issue is that articulation killing vest. I'm glad they fixed the issue with the Officer mold

Quote:

Old 01-17-2023, 01:49 PM   #1474
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
I'd say it's more the character than the figure to me. Hasbro could make the most articulate Aunt Beru figure ever, I'm gonna be like "who really wanted this?"

It's a bit like Yarna Gargan. Yes, I'm sure there were collectors looking to complete their Jabba's Palace dioramas - but to make her a man line figure was silly.

Thus the rows of her at TRU and eventually the dollar clearance sale
I totally get that for sure. I?m sorry to say that the most recent live action iterations have done surprisingly little bolster the action figure ranks for me. Sure Andor was fun, but do I really want a 6? Andy Serkis in a white jumpsuit?
Old 01-17-2023, 02:39 PM   #1475
Robimus
Super Moderator

Totally.

Andor doesn't make for great action figure fodder, despite its excellence. Andor, his droid and Luthen should be it really.

Mandalorian more fits the mold in that way with its Super Commandos, Dark Troopers, Baby Yoda's, so on.

Quote:
I totally get that for sure. I?m sorry to say that the most recent live action iterations have done surprisingly little bolster the action figure ranks for me. Sure Andor was fun, but do I really want a 6? Andy Serkis in a white jumpsuit?

Old 01-17-2023, 02:51 PM   #1476
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
Great figure. Biggest issue is that articulation killing vest. I'm glad they fixed the issue with the Officer mold
100% and is also funny how people were going nuts over this figure, but seems like the general releases are better.
Old 01-17-2023, 02:52 PM   #1477
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys

874-2
Hasbro- Transformers Siege: Jetfire

Long time coming and honestly worth the wait, Siege Jetfire is a PHENOMENAL figure and is possibly one of my favorite iterations of the character since the original. I suppose this is as good a time as any to re-tell how I came up/was saddled with this silly username; Apologies if you have heard this before. The early to mid 2000’s were the heyday of online forums of all types. Facebook was a thing, but not in the way it is now and fandoms looked to forums to provide haven’s for conversation and discourse regarding their favorite pieces of pop culture. Back then I was into Transformers something fierce was keen to bond with others around the globe over our shared interest in Transformers. If I recall correctly I probably originally joined TFW2005, one of the most popular Transformers fan sites at the time, around the time of Transformers Cybertron under the super clever username “Darth Optimus”. I was pretty active in the board given that it was my first foray into online discourse, but I also learned a lot of the unwritten rules of the online world and given that I’m someone who likes to debate and play devil's advocate, a seemingly unending amount of free entertainment going back and forth with anyone who would engage about a host of discussion topics (toy and Non-toy related) that would be raised. Two discussions in particular that I recall were a back and forth about questioning one members assertion that his wife was bi-sexual while being in a committed relationship and the ridiculous notion that Downshift (Greed muscle car from Cybertron that has a WheelJack head) has a girlfriend. Admittedly I think I would be extremely uncomfortable about my views at the time which is why I am very thankful that a server issue wiped out all traces of Darth Optimus and I was able to start again. Wanting to start fresh I created a different username on April 27, 2006 (as per my current TFW2005 profile) that would encapsulate my first Transformer toy and favorite Transformer character: Jetfire. And rather than being Jetfire156765, I thought it would be think of all the Jetfire characters coming together as a team of Jetfire (kind of like Team Rocket from Pokemon) hence the name Team Jetfire. I’m not just a fan of the first one, but rather of them all, and there has been a good amount since I picked that name. From there I used it as a pseudonym for all of TFW2005’s sub-sites including cybertron.ca, hisstank.com and of course here. I also have it as my handle for my Instagram review page and was using it playing Call of Duty on the Playstation Network; which incidentally led to many people calling me TEAM JEFFERY on mic’d up chat, but that is a different story altogether.

In any case, the popularity of online forums have waived since the glory days back then in favor of Facebook groups which is a bit of a shame given that online moderators ran a tough line when it came to off topic posts and everything on Facebook is inherently political, however I will always be grateful for the hours of wasted time that eventually led me to doing these daily reviews.

Pros: So much is good about Jetfire. First of all I just want to say that even though I lost interest in the cartoon, I LOVE that Jetfire received so much attention throughout the series: quite literally a dream come true for an old school Jetfire/Skyfire fan. He looks great in both modes and matches the animated model well, the transformation is challenging, but also intuitive and all the accessories/details add so much to the fun of this figure. I also applaud Hasbro for including some dynamic blast effects for the weapons and afterburners.

Cons: I know he is probably in scale with the rest of the line, but I find Jetfire to be just a bit too big. It’s also frustrating that a figure of this caliber does not have ankle tilts. Also, and this is a minor, old school gripe, I wish they included the little ear antennas on this helmet to match the G1 Toy.

Old 01-17-2023, 02:53 PM   #1478
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys

Old 01-17-2023, 05:59 PM   #1479
ghostlurk29
Mutant

I'm kicking myself for not buying Jetfire back when TRU was clearing him out for $50.
ghostlurk29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 03:56 PM   #1480
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostlurk29 View Post
I'm kicking myself for not buying Jetfire back when TRU was clearing him out for $50.
$50!?! Dang, that IS a great price. Maybe the reissue will drop to that.