ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 12-24-2021, 08:06 PM   #4741
Ksteel
Mutant
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvellegendsguy View Post
I have all the characters I need.
Anecdotally, ever since I started with Legends (around 2017), I'm noticing most collectors are either X-Men collectors, Spider-Man collectors (to a lesser extent) or MCU collectors. I'm in the later.

I suppose there is a point where you would indeed get all of the characters, and then it's just new versions, re-releases and variants left.
Ksteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2021, 10:06 PM   #4742
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksteel View Post
Anecdotally, ever since I started with Legends (around 2017), I'm noticing most collectors are either X-Men collectors, Spider-Man collectors (to a lesser extent) or MCU collectors. I'm in the later.

I suppose there is a point where you would indeed get all of the characters, and then it's just new versions, re-releases and variants left.
I kinda feel like that at this point. I collect a bit of every Legends genre but there aren?t many characters left I would get hyped over. Maybe a new 90s era Cyclops, Carrion to complete the Maximum Carnage family, a Dan Ketch Ghost Rider, maybe a Iron Man 2 Whiplash.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2021, 12:53 AM   #4743
Ksteel
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Quinn View Post
I kinda feel like that at this point. I collect a bit of every Legends genre but there aren?t many characters left I would get hyped over. Maybe a new 90s era Cyclops, Carrion to complete the Maximum Carnage family, a Dan Ketch Ghost Rider, maybe a Iron Man 2 Whiplash.

That's true. Those are good ones.

I ended off my Marvel collection today with the very first Marvel superhero from 1939 Marvel Comics #1.

Seemed a fitting endpoint.

Ksteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2021, 12:52 PM   #4744
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksteel View Post
That's true. Those are good ones.

I ended off my Marvel collection today with the very first Marvel superhero from 1939 Marvel Comics #1.

Seemed a fitting endpoint.

Nice! I grabbed him recently to replace the flame-off Johnny Storm from the Super Skrull wave. It honestly wouldn?t surprise me if Hasbro stuck this figure in a fancy box with original Human Torch art or a repack comic and charged $44.99 for it.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2021, 09:13 PM   #4745
Zanth
Super Friend

I want to complete some key teams from the 80s and 90s and it seems as if Hasbro is pushing a number of them out in 2022: Morlocks, Reavers, Excalibur (we need Rachel Summers already!), X-Force (*ahem* Feral) and then how about completing the X-teams at large? Banshee and Longshot to start with, a rerelease of Cyclops and Dark Phoenix, Angel (they could release 3-4 in his various costumes to plug into team shelves), Gateway, wimpy Caliban, Cypher, Magma, New Mutants Cannonball, New Mutants Sunspot, and half a dozen more to really complete them. Then we need villains: Toad (already announced), the Blob, Destiny, Proteus, the last couple of Reavers, the rest of the Morlocks, all of the Marauders, Madelaine Pryor, some Brood and the Brood Queen, Adversary, Shadow King, Gideon and a handful of others to complete them. I'd easily trade 10 of the Wolverines I don't need on my shelves for 10 of figures never to have been released by this line (and some never having been released by anyone at all).
Zanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 03:15 PM   #4746
StaticShin27
Agent of Shield

Has anyone found any decent clearance at their TRU? (To go with their 20% off sale)
StaticShin27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 04:36 PM   #4747
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaticShin27 View Post
Has anyone found any decent clearance at their TRU? (To go with their 20% off sale)

Nothing really of note, but I guess it isn't too bad if you find a $22.58, or less, figure. It works out to less than $20(+tax) a figure. That is a pretty good price in this day and age. It just sucks that it is mostly undesirable figures.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 06:25 PM   #4748
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
Nothing really of note, but I guess it isn't too bad if you find a $22.58, or less, figure. It works out to less than $20(+tax) a figure. That is a pretty good price in this day and age. It just sucks that it is mostly undesirable figures.
They just had a Legends sale that was 20% off not too long ago around the beginning of this month so all the stuff that was desirable got bought up just leaving peg warmers and other undesirables
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 06:50 PM   #4749
EpicLumpia
Agent of Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaticShin27 View Post
I was at the vic park and Lawrence location and all they had for marvel legends that was on clearance were 3 pegs full of wasp from the antman and wasp wave.

Probably had like 15 wasps.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20211229_170226.jpg (100.3 KB, 55 views)
EpicLumpia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 07:48 PM   #4750
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Wow some locations still have ant man movie figures?
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote