ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 12-09-2021, 06:02 AM   #231
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions
Re: Haslab Projects General Discussion

Yeah my final total was $384.54.

Update:

Proton Pack: 14,291 / 7,000 (+371)

Skystriker: Final: 16,772 / 10,000
Rancor: Final: 8,535 / 9,000

So the Proton Pack just keeps chugging along. Should hit the final tier unlock before the funding period ends. Now the only question remaining is how high will it go for the final total.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 01:34 PM   #232
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

I guess this means RIP Joe vehicles at retail. People are willing to pay $300 after tax and $370 CAD for a sky striker that could sell at retail, so why bother Doing anymore vehicles at retail? Congrats to those that wanted it and got it but I feel like there will be consequences like the kind I mentioned above
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 01:50 PM   #233
Marvellegendsguy
Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
I guess this means RIP Joe vehicles at retail. People are willing to pay $300 after tax and $370 CAD for a sky striker that could sell at retail, so why bother Doing anymore vehicles at retail? Congrats to those that wanted it and got it but I feel like there will be consequences like the kind I mentioned above
I agree with you
Marvellegendsguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 02:52 PM   #234
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post

Pretty much.

3.75" has been stuck as exclusives (Store, con, online) for most of the last decade.

The Snake Eyes movie was the chance to change the script, but it tanked. So now the toys will sit until clearance. Toy Guru, who I know is divisive and arrogant, has a good video on why clearance is bad for a toyline.

Walmart was the only one willing to carry 3.75 recently and now it would appear that Hasbro is going in house since the new O-ring isn't being offered anywhere but Pulse.

If someone was willing to take it on Hasbro would have done so because they can move a lot more product just through Walmart, not to mention all the other big retailers worldwide. However it seems like this was something that wasn't going to happen.

Also I think people are overestimating how much cheaper a Skystriker would be at retail. Right now big vehicles in the, roughly, same size as the Skystriker are ranging from $100-$150(US). Which I don't get since some of the 6" BS vehicles come in around the same price.

Anyway, I really don't think the Skystriker would have been less than $100(US), and it would have just been the plane, Ace and weapons most likely. Then of course it would have sat, like the 2011 version, and been clearanced. So from a retailer perspective why bother?

For Hasbro it is the same thought? Why bother when we can charge more and eliminate risk? At least with the Haslab there is an attempt to offer more value for the higher price. Whether or not you agree with it is fine. I paid and I still think it is overpriced, but with all the extras and the 7 figures it becomes a bit more appealing.

Also the Haslab doesn't eliminate vehicles from being released at retail, just look at SW. The Barge and Razor Crest didn't stop them from producing vehicles for retail.

The problem here is who is taking Joe vehicles right now? No one apparently since Walmart is done.

Now it falls on Hasbro to try and get Joe back to a level that retail will take a risk on 3.75. Classified is fine for now so that helps, but new media is needed to try and get interest up enough to warrant another wide retail release. Hopefully the rumoured new animated show will do that.
Old 12-09-2021, 04:14 PM   #235
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
Pretty much.

3.75" has been stuck as exclusives (Store, con, online) for most of the last decade.

The Snake Eyes movie was the chance to change the script, but it tanked. So now the toys will sit until clearance. Toy Guru, who I know is divisive and arrogant, has a good video on why clearance is bad for a toyline.

Walmart was the only one willing to carry 3.75 recently and now it would appear that Hasbro is going in house since the new O-ring isn't being offered anywhere but Pulse.

If someone was willing to take it on Hasbro would have done so because they can move a lot more product just through Walmart, not to mention all the other big retailers worldwide. However it seems like this was something that wasn't going to happen.

Also I think people are overestimating how much cheaper a Skystriker would be at retail. Right now big vehicles in the, roughly, same size as the Skystriker are ranging from $100-$150(US). Which I don't get since some of the 6" BS vehicles come in around the same price.

Anyway, I really don't think the Skystriker would have been less than $100(US), and it would have just been the plane, Ace and weapons most likely. Then of course it would have sat, like the 2011 version, and been clearanced. So from a retailer perspective why bother?

For Hasbro it is the same thought? Why bother when we can charge more and eliminate risk? At least with the Haslab there is an attempt to offer more value for the higher price. Whether or not you agree with it is fine. I paid and I still think it is overpriced, but with all the extras and the 7 figures it becomes a bit more appealing.

Also the Haslab doesn't eliminate vehicles from being released at retail, just look at SW. The Barge and Razor Crest didn't stop them from producing vehicles for retail.

The problem here is who is taking Joe vehicles right now? No one apparently since Walmart is done.

Now it falls on Hasbro to try and get Joe back to a level that retail will take a risk on 3.75. Classified is fine for now so that helps, but new media is needed to try and get interest up enough to warrant another wide retail release. Hopefully the rumoured new animated show will do that.
I don't think people expected less than $100 for a retail skystriker and I think most would have been fine with anywhere between $100-$150 for it. It doesn't eliminate them from doing vehicles at retail but it makes it alot less likely. The reality is 3.75 is now a niche scale where as 6inch and up is what's popular now. It's highly unlikely 3.75 Joe's will ever Make a comeback unless Hasbro is willing to sell them at half the price of a Classified but since Hasbro loved to overcharge for everything now days, I doubt it.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 05:42 AM   #236
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Update:

Proton Pack: 14,752 / 7,000 (+461)

Skystriker (final?): 16,751 / 10,000 (-21 from yesterday)
Rancor (final): 8,535 / 9,000

So the Proton Pack should cross the final threshold for the last tier sometime today. Again it is all academic now, and really the only thing left is what will the final number be when the funding period ends?
Old 12-11-2021, 04:36 AM   #237
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Update:

Proton Pack: 15,927 / 7,000 (+1,175)

Skystriker: Final(?): 16,739 10,000 (-12)
Rancor: Final: 8,535 / 9,000

WOO-HOO!! The Proton Pack passed the final tier, and boy did it blow past it. Almost 1200 new backers in a day!!! Congrats you GooBers. Still the only thing left is what will the final number be? I think we are looking at, possibly, the largest, or top 3, Haslab project. If it can add 1200 in a day, a couple of days before the end, I can only imagine what the final day will be like. Keep it going folks!!
Old 12-12-2021, 06:56 AM   #238
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Update:

Proton Pack: 17,436 / 7,000 (+1,509)

Skystriker (Final?): 16,734 / 10,000 (-5)
Rancor (Final): 8,535 / 9,000

So the Proton Pack is picking up the pace even more. Another 1500 added to the total. It has now passed the Skystriker. I really do think there is a chance this could challenge Galactus for the highest backed Haslab to date. Tomorrow, while somewhat anti-climatic, compared to the Skystriker and Rancor, should have some drama in seeing where it ends.
Old 12-13-2021, 07:05 AM   #239
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Update:

Proton Pack (final?): 21,615 / 7,000 (+4,179)
SkyStriker (final?): 16,734 . 10,000 (+/-0)
Rancor (final): 8,535 / 9,000

So the Proton Pack finished nicely, and it broke 20,000. Silly me thought there was another day for backing, which is why i thought it could break Galactus' record. However since I didn't pay close enough attention, I didn't see that it ended on Sunday, not Monday. Anyway, congrats to the GB team for a great campaign, and the winner for this season.

Skystriker seems to have finally settled down to the final number.
Old 01-03-2022, 11:56 AM   #240
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Update:

Someone already got their hands on a Razor Crest and took a bunch of pics.

I guess that means we will start seeing them show up later this month, or February.

Here is a link:

https://yakfaceforums.com/main/2022/...crest-in-hand/