ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 01-28-2009, 03:03 AM   #1
Robimus
Super Moderator
Toy Review: The Legacy Collection Millennium Falcon

Here's my review of the recently released Millennium Falcon from Hasbro. Feel free to add your own reviews as well.

The Legacy Collection Millennium Falcon is about the most expensive Hasro produced Star Wars toys I've seen. $199.99 isn't exactly allowance money so I'd be careful before you take the plunge on this one.

"Look at the size of that thing"-Wedge in A New Hope upon first seeing the Death Star. I gotta say I felt the same way when I got this ship out of the box.

It measures in at over two and at over two and a half feet length, and two feet wide. Takes up all most my whole coffee table. And it comes with a lot of bells and whistles.

First off it has both the overhead and under belly Quad Laser Cannons, complete with a cockpit for a gunner. Moving the cannons from side to side or pushing a button activates the movie accurate sound effects of the Quad Laser Batteries.

"Great kid, don't get cocky"-Han to Luke

The hidden forward laser cannon as seen on Hoth drops down from a secret department just like in the film as well. Alas, no sound effects with that gun, but it does have a missle firing feature for play value.

The Legacy Falcon also comes with Proton Torpedo's(in the form of shootable missles) from roughly the center mass of the ships front. This is also backed up by a sound effect accurate to when the Falcon fired the missles within the second Death Star. The sound effect is activated when the centermost of the three missles is launched.

Another cool offensive feature on this Falcon is the included Mini-Fighter(Pictured below). Although its accurate in no way to anything from the films or EU it does launch from where the escape pod on the "real" Falcon would, complete with the escape pod sound effect from the Blockade Runner at the start of A New Hope. A cool addition that takes nothing away from the Falcon's Movie Accurate looks, its great for added play value and holds a single pilot.

The other sound effects are almost too numerous to mention but I'll try. They include the Falcon's Sublight Engines in Flight,, actaully a couple different versions of that.

The sound of the Falcon stalling from the Empire Strikes Back as well as the the whining of the dropping boarding ramp are another couple technical sounds.

Next come the voices, of which there are many. Lines from Obi-Wan, Luke, Han, Chewie, R2-D2 and C-3PO are all included at the touch of a button.

Other cool features include the ability to move the Communication Dish from within the Falcon by sliding Luke's Jedi training drone back and forth, or vise versa. Two hidden compartments below the deck exist to hide you smuggled toys from Imperial Duty Officers.

As well a light on Chewie's Dejarik table lights up when you activate the voices as well, as do the Falcon's sublight Engines, front lights, boarding ramp lights and cockpit lights.

It also comes with a Han and Chewie complete with Cockpit headgear and weapons. Its not the best version of either figure, but not the worst either.

Overall I can't say I think that the toy is worth $200 dollars, but it is still a damn cool toy. The only down side I can think of is its size. It's way too big to be anything but a stationary playset and is probably bigger than most the kids that would play with it.

Also the landing gear detach, instead of retracting like they did on the original Falcon from 1978.

Falcon 001.JPGFalcon 005.JPGFalcon 004.JPGFalcon 010.JPG

Falcon 006.JPGFalcon 002.JPGFalcon 007.JPGFalcon 003.JPG
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 01:00 PM   #2
SPLIT LIP
Astonishingly Agile Cat
Re: Toy Review: The Legacy Collection Millennium Falcon

I agree, freaking sweet, but not $200 sweet. Plus, size is always an issue, especially with me. (I don't even have that much room for my Republic Gunship)
SPLIT LIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 01:55 AM   #3
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon

I will get one of these eventually, maybe an out of package or reduced one. Very sweet looking toy.
Old 01-31-2009, 01:19 PM   #4
lars573
Clone trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLIT LIP View Post
I agree, freaking sweet, but not $200 sweet. Plus, size is always an issue, especially with me. (I don't even have that much room for my Republic Gunship)
Totally. I don't quite have enough room for my AT-TE. These two huge ass toys are mean't to stored on a desk. Or suspended from the ceiling by fishing line.
lars573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 05:10 PM   #5
GMfan101
Cobra Trooper

It is a cool looking ship and would love to get it but not for $200....love all the gimmicks it has though. The liitle fighter is a bit much I'd probably think of it as an escape pod only :P

But if Star Wars is capable of having a huge $200 product like this from Hasbro it gives me hope for a larger Transformer (hopefully cityformer) that we haven't seen since Fort Max days.
GMfan101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 06:52 PM   #6
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan101 View Post
But if Star Wars is capable of having a huge $200 product like this from Hasbro it gives me hope for a larger Transformer (hopefully cityformer) that we haven't seen since Fort Max days.
I would expect any more big toys like this being planned for a while due to the economy.

I do want this Falcon though, if I can get it loose or on sale I'll likely pick it up.
Old 01-31-2009, 07:23 PM   #7
lars573
Clone trooper

The turbo tank looks like it might be about this size.
Old 08-22-2009, 01:04 AM   #8
Robimus
Super Moderator

Bump.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 02:02 AM   #9
pud333
Master of the Universe

I think this toy is pretty much everything I thought it would be. I actually haven't seen one in stores since it first came out, but I would love to own something like this. Unfortunately, my gf would kill me if I brought home something this big to our 650 sq ft condo.
pud333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 07:33 PM   #10
lars573
Clone trooper

As further temptation, the Sears wish book has the Falcon for $99.