ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Canadian Action Figure News

Old 05-30-2021, 03:46 PM   #21
usernameprime
Cobra Commander
Re: Gi Joe Classified Cobra Island Firefly, Major Bludd & Viper Released in Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predahank View Post
do tell
hasbro sent me a free baroness when it was a super hot ticket item so i scalped the shit out of it on ebay since i have one, those funds got me a scalped fly and viper with $10 extra. (don't ask how, it was a mistake on their part, tried getting the same deal for another boardie but it failed)

got a second baroness for a friend who tipped me $20 cause he is far but in the same time I was passing through although that was me sitting on the figure for a couple weeks before actually passing by.

Friend in the US found like 5 bludds on shelf and bought me one with the total after ship being $50.50 Canadian.

When it's all said and done I paid just under $20 for the 3. Just lots of foot work and a one time fluke.
usernameprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 12:34 AM   #22
Robimus
Super Moderator
Re: Gi Joe Classified Cobra Island Firefly, Major Bludd & Viper Released in Canada

I think some patience might pay off on these.

I’ve seen no less than 25 Baroness in the past few weeks in Winnipeg.

Hopefully the other exclusives will course correct like they have with her.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 05:11 PM   #23
m.arndt
Convention Exclusive

I just hope some of these Cobra Island figures will show up in stock online. I’m nowhere near a TRU so I really need to rely on toysrus.ca to have a shot at any Cobra Island figures.
It’s been rather frustrating, I don’t intend on collecting them all, but Firefly and Major Bludd were two of my favourite Cobra figures as a kid and besides Flint, Beach Head was one of my favourite Joes, so I’d prefer to not miss out on them.
It feels like with the way that this line has been going, it wouldn’t surprise me in the least if another popular character like regular Storm Shadow gets released as an exclusive too, while Crystal Ball will probably see a widespread release, lol….
m.arndt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 05:21 PM   #24
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.arndt View Post
I just hope some of these Cobra Island figures will show up in stock online. I’m nowhere near a TRU so I really need to rely on toysrus.ca to have a shot at any Cobra Island figures.
It’s been rather frustrating, I don’t intend on collecting them all, but Firefly and Major Bludd were two of my favourite Cobra figures as a kid and besides Flint, Beach Head was one of my favourite Joes, so I’d prefer to not miss out on them.
It feels like with the way that this line has been going, it wouldn’t surprise me in the least if another popular character like regular Storm Shadow gets released as an exclusive too, while Crystal Ball will probably see a widespread release, lol….
The rumour is that Barbecue and Dr. Mindbender are coming and at least Barbecue is a CI exclusive.

However this is "Yo Joe June" so Hasbro will be doing reveals and updates so I guess we will find out more sometime this month.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 05:27 PM   #25
Marvellegendsguy
Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
The rumour is that Barbecue and Dr. Mindbender are coming and at least Barbecue is a CI exclusive.

However this is "Yo Joe June" so Hasbro will be doing reveals and updates so I guess we will find out more sometime this month.
Why do they keep making BBQ, I have never considered him a popular character, yet Hasbro shows him a lot of love. Why not like any of a million other better characters
Marvellegendsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 07:01 PM   #26
Arishikage
Cylon Centurion

In case anyone missed it; Fan Friday happening on the 4th. Joe specific.
Arishikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 07:22 PM   #27
kentf
Red Shirt

I’m really hoping they announce CI figures will start to be available on the Partner Exclusives part of Hasbro Pulse in a consistent form.
kentf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 07:26 PM   #28
Arishikage
Cylon Centurion

So do I. Actual preorders would be amazing!
Arishikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 07:59 PM   #29
Canukle
Clonetrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvellegendsguy View Post
Why do they keep making BBQ, I have never considered him a popular character, yet Hasbro shows him a lot of love. Why not like any of a million other better characters
Wouldn't mind a Dusty or Chuckles.

We've had an Alley Viper on the box art since day 1... Even that would be better than a Barbecue
Canukle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 11:38 PM   #30
usernameprime
Cobra Commander

Im really loving this line, would love to see a trouble bubble on shelf one day
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	joes.jpg
Views:	550
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	13102   Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	535
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	13103   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg