ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 05-24-2018, 12:26 PM   #1301
wedge1021
Mutant
Re: Star Wars Black Series discussion

Chewie is up on their site:
https://www.ebgames.ca/Toys-Collecti...sive-chewbacca
Says it's in stock at some stores too
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 01:13 PM   #1302
Tonestar
Rookie Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge1021 View Post
Chewie is up on their site:
https://www.ebgames.ca/Toys-Collecti...sive-chewbacca
Says it's in stock at some stores too
Thank U !!! Just ordered him and a stackable Vader to get free shipping. Now if only Commander Wolff would show up on the site.
Tonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 01:19 PM   #1303
chaingunsofdoom
Master of the Universe

Oops, posted on wrong thread. LOL. I got Chewie for a store order where he was green in-stock. Now to see if they actually have him...
chaingunsofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 01:20 PM   #1304
wedge1021
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonestar View Post
Thank U !!! Just ordered him and a stackable Vader to get free shipping. Now if only Commander Wolff would show up on the site.
Yeah, they've been very inconsistent with their website & pre-orders. I've been thinking of writing them a letter, commending them for getting more of these items in but suggesting that a lot of collectors would love it if they were able to consistently and reliably (pre)order new figures off their website. Maybe if a bunch of us did that, it would give them some gentle prodding.
Old 05-24-2018, 02:46 PM   #1305
turtle power eh
Jedi Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge1021 View Post
Yeah, they've been very inconsistent with their website & pre-orders. I've been thinking of writing them a letter, commending them for getting more of these items in but suggesting that a lot of collectors would love it if they were able to consistently and reliably (pre)order new figures off their website. Maybe if a bunch of us did that, it would give them some gentle prodding.
Their website is trash. Also last time i ordered a figure direct from the site (Mr Fantastic) they never applied my platinum discount and also charged a few bucks for shipping. Im fine with paying the shipping but when they make you fill out a massive profile online and then not even apply your status discount it's a bit frustrating.
turtle power eh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 04:53 PM   #1306
corecutter
Cobra Trooper

Eb has the potential to be so great but they clearly need to sort things out and gain some consistency and proper distribution.
corecutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 09:49 PM   #1307
wedge1021
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by corecutter View Post
Eb has the potential to be so great but they clearly need to sort things out and gain some consistency and proper distribution.
I don't know if it's just a lazy manager or poor distribution model, but whenever I ask in-store about if they are expecting new stock for items they don't have at the moment (Cmdr Wolffe as an example), the manager always says "we'll see if they send me more". I assume that's the way their distribution is set up, because I think Toys"R"Us is the same way? They just wait to see what shows up on the truck every week. It's gotta be frustrating as a manager to have to turn away customers or give them vague answers because he has no clue if the company will send him more stock or not. I love stores that will order in new stock for you if you ask (as long as it's available).
Old 05-25-2018, 01:57 AM   #1308
Napseeker
Dark Knight

The manager at my EB Games says the same thing. They just don't know what is going to come, even if they try to request it. He's just given up and goes with the flow, even if it means telling customers (like me) that he can't guarantee for sure if something is coming or not unless I pre-order the item. He knows it means losing business since if it's not an EB exclusive, people will just look elsewhere.
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 07:21 PM   #1309
MULTIPLEX
Decepticon

I just bought Chewie at EB Games and was able to preorder Gamorrean Guard. Release date June 15th.

Last edited by MULTIPLEX; 05-25-2018 at 07:26 PM.
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 03:36 AM   #1310
Darth Cosmos
Master of the Universe

Just grabbed 4-LOM off Amazon USA!!!

Came to $27 USD shipped to Canada and I used a $10 Amazon gift card to make it even cheaper at $17 USD. Should be here Friday June 1st!

He is going to be tough to get so I didn't want to take any chances and wait for that wave to arrive in Canada. Given how poorly the first Solo wave was distributed (EB and barely anywhere else in store and Amazon online only so far in Canada) I jumped on this.

Last edited by Darth Cosmos; 05-27-2018 at 02:19 PM.
Darth Cosmos is offline   Reply With Quote