ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 02-21-2022, 06:53 PM   #4961
MorphGrid
Cobra Trooper
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksteel View Post
Bless those scalpers.

For real lmao. Beast is going for 100+ and some guy asked me for 30. Never again am I gonna see this level of luck.

Most of what I got was at MSRP that they were listed for or slightly below. The only one that I overpaid on was the Love Triangle 3-pack.
MorphGrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2022, 07:12 PM   #4962
Eko123
Body without Organs

Hasbro Pulse's Fan First Monday livestream released images of some upcoming Marvel Legends figures.

The next build-a-figure wave will be Controller. The wave will include Iron Man (Model 70 Armor, no build-a-figure piece), Madame Hydra, Speedball, Blue Marvel, Quake (with interchangeable Maria Hill head), classic US Agent and Thor (based on Donny Cates art).
Eko123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2022, 07:15 PM   #4963
Eko123
Body without Organs

Hasbro also released pics of the Hasbro Pulse online exclusive animated Storm, Future Foundation Spider-Man and a retooled Rhino which will be on Retro packaging, and a build-a-figure Disney+ animated Ultron (no single figures from the wave shown, but they mentioned Hawkeye and Kate Bishop from the Disney+ Hawkeye series will be part of the wave).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fan-Monday-Marvel-33__scaled_800.jpg (62.9 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg Fan-Monday-Marvel-03__scaled_800.jpg (68.0 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg Fan-Monday-Marvel-05__scaled_600.jpg (70.6 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg Fan-Monday-Marvel-06__scaled_600.jpg (77.9 KB, 17 views)
Eko123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2022, 09:18 PM   #4964
Ksteel
Mutant

I'd definitely recommend the Retro Storm (White or Black) over that one. It's still available in stores or on the interwebs.

The animated cell shading looks goofy AF on the new one, and the figure will probably be pricier.

Infinity Ultron looks great, but it's a BAF unfortunately.

The rest of the figures... Daisy Johnson, Speedball, Spider-man repaint, another Iron Man? Meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorphGrid View Post
For real lmao. Beast is going for 100+ and some guy asked me for 30. Never again am I gonna see this level of luck.

Most of what I got was at MSRP that they were listed for or slightly below. The only one that I overpaid on was the Love Triangle 3-pack.
Nice. Beast is fantastic. I was tempted to get that 3-pack for the Wolverine, but I went for the Retro 80s Wolverine instead. That's the costume I want to see in a live action film someday!

Last edited by Ksteel; 02-21-2022 at 09:21 PM.
Ksteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 12:18 PM   #4965
BlackBeltJohnson
Galactian Herald

I would have loved that retro Storm face on the 80s Punk version man. I'm tempted to risk buying it case there's a fully bald head under all that hair for a swap, lol.

Any how, Rhino is the highlight for me, as well as Maria Hill. I would have been stoked over Madame Hydra, but the KB body is a major let down. Buuuut.....the Controller. He's classic, I need him, end of story. If anyone here isn't vibing on the Controller BAF, hit me up, because I'd happily buy him from you!
BlackBeltJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 02:04 PM   #4966
ghostlurk29
Mutant

The animated line seems to have peaked with Wolverine. I like the retro Storm figure, but some of its finer details work against the animated look. I think the Jubilee wave Storm would of been a better base(though it would still need some shoulder pads).
ghostlurk29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 03:01 PM   #4967
Lord Scareglow
Whatever

Whoa record timing to go out of stock for home delivery, Deluxe Rhino literally went up like a few moments ago and he was blasted off that Gamestop page

high five to everyone who ordered 3 at a time
Lord Scareglow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 03:05 PM   #4968
MorphGrid
Cobra Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Scareglow View Post
Whoa record timing to go out of stock for home delivery, Deluxe Rhino literally went up like a few moments ago and he was blasted off that Gamestop page

high five to everyone who ordered 3 at a time
Managed to secure one for in-store pick-up. Although I wonder how long until they tell me that the preorder is cancelled.
MorphGrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 03:09 PM   #4969
Lord Scareglow
Whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorphGrid View Post
Managed to secure one for in-store pick-up. Although I wonder how long until they tell me that the preorder is cancelled.
Yeah In-store pick up was still available, but I have to say this was the first time I've seen a pre-order get so quickly snatched up, I actually watched this figure get put up on the site, and it was available for home delivery but while I went to the cart, the cart crashed and I had to refresh and boom it was not available anymore, it was there for like 2 minutes.

Lord Scareglow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 03:19 PM   #4970
tmnt2k3
Red Shirt

I didn’t manage to get the rhino off GameStop. It sold out so fast but Amazon.ca has him up for preorder too for anyone who couldn’t get him. Not sure how good Amazon is with preorders though.
tmnt2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote