ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 04-20-2022, 02:42 PM   #5201
philtastic
Master of the Universe
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorphGrid View Post
I thought it looked like a repaint of the cel-shaded Venom mold, especially considering it already has the holes to fit in the wings, and looks bulkier than the movie Venom mold.
Pretty sure it's movie Venom's body. It's got the extra long arms, and relatively skinny legs. Plus it has all the vein detail on the arms and shoulders, just not highloghted in white like the movie Venom. Obviously it's a different head, and there's the white Venom logo, but I think that's it.
philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 02:43 PM   #5202
philtastic
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
No, it's movie mold. I actually like the way it looks and would put it on my MCU shelf (without the wings) but not at that price and I don't care about Null.

I'm surprised we haven't seen a two pack of movie Venom and Carnage. Seems like a no-brainer.
Ditto to everything.
Old 04-20-2022, 02:44 PM   #5203
Enforcer
Dark Knight

The Spinneret 2 pack sold old online. Looks like the Hasbro gimmick will lay off for them.
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 02:45 PM   #5204
random11
Convention Exclusive

I want that Lizard but its Walmart Exclusive. I still havent seen any sightings or listings for the Comic Strange :/ so Im expecting this to be dumb as well.
random11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 02:47 PM   #5205
philtastic
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
The Spinneret 2 pack sold old online. Looks like the Hasbro gimmick will lay off for them.
Only at GameStop, and probably just because people get a discount there. It's also still cheaper than buying the Retro Spidey on Ebay. The Spinneret 2 pack is still up on Amazon. And you can bet that if Spinneret were a single-packed figure at $42.99, it'd stay on the shelves forever.
Old 04-20-2022, 03:01 PM   #5206
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by philtastic View Post
Only at GameStop, and probably just because people get a discount there. It's also still cheaper than buying the Retro Spidey on Ebay. The Spinneret 2 pack is still up on Amazon. And you can bet that if Spinneret were a single-packed figure at $42.99, it'd stay on the shelves forever.

Also you might be able to order the Spidey 2 pack tomorrow in store still because Gamestop tends to sell out online first and then still have items available to preorder in store. Not a guarantee though.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 03:21 PM   #5207
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

And to think this is before Hasbro's next price increase sometime this summer (mid year).

The funny part about the Spidey/MJ 2 pack is Gamestop had the Colossus/Juggernaut 2 pack a couple years ago for the same price. Same price half the plastic.

Well it was fun while it lasted, but I'm out.......okay not really, but if Gamestop is now up to these TRU prices I won't be getting much anymore.

Thankfully I get some "free" gift cards on a regular basis (currently have $40 Walmart and $100 Amazon). That will take the sting out of some purchases, but I still have to be selective so as not to waste the funds on impulsive purchases.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 03:43 PM   #5208
BlackBeltJohnson
Galactian Herald

Ugh....49$ for FA Spider-Man. I didn't think we'd see 50$ figures this soon! My cherry picking is going to become a lot more refined!
BlackBeltJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 03:46 PM   #5209
Cadre
Red Shirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBeltJohnson View Post
Ugh....49$ for FA Spider-Man. I didn't think we'd see 50$ figures this soon! My cherry picking is going to become a lot more refined!
BestBuy Canada and Amazon have him for $42.99... but I agree, these increases are getting nuts. If only my salary was indexed to the price of action figures.
Cadre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 03:49 PM   #5210
Napseeker
Dark Knight

For sure I know that I'm cutting back due to the new pricing because that first appearance Spidey normally would be an instant buy for me, and yet... I'm going to pass on him.

I still only have the Pizza Spidey as my sole classic 6-inch representation and I think I'm going to have to get used to saying "What I have here at home is good enough."
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote