ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 04-20-2022, 04:12 PM   #5211
BlackBeltJohnson
Galactian Herald
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadre View Post
BestBuy Canada and Amazon have him for $42.99... but I agree, these increases are getting nuts. If only my salary was indexed to the price of action figures.
Amazon.ca is where I got him bro; the 49 is after taxes! Any how, yes, I'm all for Action-figure indexed salaries!
BlackBeltJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 04:15 PM   #5212
random11
Convention Exclusive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBeltJohnson View Post
Ugh....49$ for FA Spider-Man. I didn't think we'd see 50$ figures this soon! My cherry picking is going to become a lot more refined!
hes $42.99... at gamestop... where you see 49?

Edit: oh i see youre talking after tax
random11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 04:39 PM   #5213
ssjgoku22
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorphGrid View Post
These prices woooooooof...

I thought it looked like a repaint of the cel-shaded Venom mold, especially considering it already has the holes to fit in the wings, and looks bulkier than the movie Venom mold.
Nah, must be the angle of the picture or something. Those lanky arms and toes on the feet are from the Venom movie Venom.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 04:48 PM   #5214
dbaso
Clonetrooper

Wow - I was expecting bad, but this is something else. Just a Toad for me. Was interested in some others, but at those prices, I?ll wait for a potential sale.
dbaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 04:59 PM   #5215
philtastic
Master of the Universe

And another thing... I've seen this mentioned elsewhere, but not so much here, is that the blind box packaging effectively kills in-box collecting. So where Hasbro could previously sell two figures to the same customer, one to open, one to keep in box (though I don't quite understand that logic), now there is absolutely no point to in-box collecting. It's just box collecting. Which is dumb.

Oh, and I while Hasbro might be saying outwardly that they are reducing plastic use in their packages for environmental reasons, I think that's 100% marketing BS. Now they don't have to pay for plastic trays or windows, and they don't have to pay for extra steps in manufacturing the boxes, and gluing in the windows. Some people say that printing more art on the boxes will cost more, but definitely not more than all the plastic.

And if they were actually concerned about not putting more plastic into the environment, THEY WOULDN'T BE MAKING TOYS OUT OF PLASTIC!!!!
philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 05:21 PM   #5216
VincentVega
Cobra Trooper

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the new packaging either. I open my MCU figures but comic ones (a small collection of around 25 or so) stay sealed for now because I don't have a good place to put them. Without being able to see the figure and enjoy it packaged I would be far less likely to buy it now. I hated it when they changed the Transformers packaging and this is worse

The environmental angle is a crock. Climate change isn't being caused by action figure packaging this will have little to no impact on that, it's a cost cutting measure, I'm sure.
VincentVega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 05:37 PM   #5217
wesperino
Mutant

I’m priced out. Want that iron spider but not for that price.
wesperino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 05:57 PM   #5218
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Robo from TheFwoosh did a review of the reveals, and he made a funny (but kind of true) point about the new closed boxes. He basically said there is no real point to being a MISB collector anymore. If the packaging is what matters to you then you can just print off some pics from the internet and "voila" you have your collection. Plus you save all that money on actually buying the figures.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 06:06 PM   #5219
Marvellegendsguy
Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by philtastic View Post
And another thing... I've seen this mentioned elsewhere, but not so much here, is that the blind box packaging effectively kills in-box collecting. So where Hasbro could previously sell two figures to the same customer, one to open, one to keep in box (though I don't quite understand that logic), now there is absolutely no point to in-box collecting. It's just box collecting. Which is dumb.

Oh, and I while Hasbro might be saying outwardly that they are reducing plastic use in their packages for environmental reasons, I think that's 100% marketing BS. Now they don't have to pay for plastic trays or windows, and they don't have to pay for extra steps in manufacturing the boxes, and gluing in the windows. Some people say that printing more art on the boxes will cost more, but definitely not more than all the plastic.

And if they were actually concerned about not putting more plastic into the environment, THEY WOULDN'T BE MAKING TOYS OUT OF PLASTIC!!!!
I do have to say I find it frustrating separating all those plastic trays for recycling. It really is a lot of plastic and does seem wasteful. Alternatively I should probably just be buying less.
Marvellegendsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 06:10 PM   #5220
MorphGrid
Cobra Trooper

Iron Spider at that price is meh, the Amazing Yamaguchi continues to be the definitive Iron Spider. First import figure I ever bought, and I continue to fawn at how well designed it is.
MorphGrid is offline   Reply With Quote