ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 04-15-2009, 10:22 PM   #11
mrluthor
Red Shirt
Re: New Star Trek Figs found at retail

I saw the 6" figures at Walmart superstore in Windsor. They looked a lot better than the 3" line almost as good as the Diamond figures.
mrluthor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 12:45 AM   #12
Robimus
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrluthor View Post
I saw the 6" figures at Walmart superstore in Windsor. They looked a lot better than the 3" line almost as good as the Diamond figures.
Agreed.

I'm a little baffled as to why they would go with both sizes. The 12 inch for $2 more is a much nicer figure.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 11:45 AM   #13
Croaker
Super Friend

I was in NYC on the weekend and saw the Star trek figs. The 3 3/4 inch ones in the US do come with the bridge and transporter pieces.
I guess Canada and/or international just got screwed on this one.

Also - the bridge has 20 pieces that need to be bought to complete the whole thing (plus 4 for the transporter) Way too expensive!!
Croaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 03:53 PM   #14
Robimus
Super Moderator

That is completely lame

What did the bridge peices not have french on them or something

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 11:57 PM   #15
mrluthor
Red Shirt

I finally saw the Phaser, Communicator and Tricorder props they looked ok to me. I have been reading bad reviews about what they looked like. I also saw the new Enterprise ship as well as the Transporter and Bridge playsets at Zellers in Windsor today. The next 3 inch figure wave is suppose to have the bridge parts that were not in the initial international shipments of 3 inch figures. So if you bought the figures at retail already you will have to buy them again in the fall ouch. I don't plan on buying any of these since I am laid off and am waiting for the movie to come out first. I think these figures will go on clearance before the fall first. There are to many other good movies tied to action figures that will be bigger hits with kids this year like Wolverine, Transformers and GI Joe. The only Star Trek figure I might buy is a 12 inch Nero which I will probably have to go to Detroit to get. I don't know what is Playmates reasoning to make three different size figures in this economy. If any one sees the 12 inch figures at Canadian retail post it here.
mrluthor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 07:14 PM   #16
MomofTFfan

Found 3 3/4 inch figures at Square One Zellers in Mississauga at a price cut. Going for $4.99. Since it has Price Cut can't take advantage of the 30% off clearance items. Sneaky little things. Also they had the Transporter playset at $10 off so now $39.99 which I think is still a bit pricey since it's also a Price cut. Will wait for it to go cheaper. It does come with a Scotty figure. But I figured if I never find it cheaper I'd better still get Scotty for my son. I found everyone but Christopher Pike. The bigger ones were also Price Cut but only by $2 and they only had 2 figures.
MomofTFfan is offline   Reply With Quote