ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 06-20-2023, 10:25 PM   #2811
Hangfest
Super Friend
Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series 6 inch discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by philtastic View Post
what's this now?
G.I. Joe Classified Snow Serpent and Grunt Yo Joe June Images
Hangfest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2023, 10:27 PM   #2812
philtastic
Master of the Universe

oh right. Thanks!
philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2023, 02:51 AM   #2813
Vchipp
Red Shirt

Apologies if this is the wrong place to post this but I need to rant:

OMG! It finally happened, plastic free packaging has officially screwed me over. I preordered Shipwreck from Gamestop, when I went and picked it up I thought it was weird that the bottom had been taped over. Since it was a preorder, I didn't think much about it since it was held at the counter but once I opened it all the accessories were missing! Did someone at the factory steal it? or Gamestop (I'll be contacting em soon, but either way I'll have to go back and get a refund or an exchange)

Thank goodness plastic windows are coming back in 2024 cause this plastic free BS is so dumb. Not really saving the environment if your forcing people to go back to the stores which cause more "unnecessary" emissions or the stores returning it back to Hasbro.
Vchipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2023, 02:57 AM   #2814
philtastic
Master of the Universe

It was never about saving the environment. The US imposes a fee/tariff/whatever on products that use plastic packaging. Hasbro just wanted to avoid those fees, and also save on packaging costs, since cardboard is cheaper to produce than plastic.

But after their sales took a nose-dive, they suddenly forgot all about their "commitment to the environment." Turns out it's worth it for them to pay the fees if it means higher sales. Of course, we can be sure to expect yet another price hike to offset those fees. Which Hasbro will no doubt attribute to the "deluxe" or "special edition" nature of the new packaging...
philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2023, 07:43 AM   #2815
Napseeker
Dark Knight

Then people should just skip buying Hasbro's rubbish. I almost can't believe the number of Marvel Legends and SW "deluxes" and two-packs that I've not bothered to pre-order lately solely due to either it being closed-box or some insane pricepoint.

Yet, it's getting easier and easier just to say no thanks... because that's what Hasbro has trained me to do now: be very, very discriminating when it comes to their overpriced plastic.

The question people should ask themselves these days is: How can I punish Hasbro today, for their incessant greed?
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2023, 09:44 AM   #2816
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napseeker View Post
Then people should just skip buying Hasbro's rubbish. I almost can't believe the number of Marvel Legends and SW "deluxes" and two-packs that I've not bothered to pre-order lately solely due to either it being closed-box or some insane pricepoint.

Yet, it's getting easier and easier just to say no thanks... because that's what Hasbro has trained me to do now: be very, very discriminating when it comes to their overpriced plastic.

The question people should ask themselves these days is: How can I punish Hasbro today, for their incessant greed?

Aside from the hyperbole, what you are doing is about all you can do to show your displeasure at Hasbro.

The reality is that public corporations are beholden to shareholders, and their fiduciary responsibility lies there first and foremost. The machine is built to expect ever increasing profits/margins and ever increasing returns on shares. That isn't going to stop.

The quick change in packaging is a result of what you are suggesting.....people spoke with their dollars. However those instances are few and far between. I mean, when was the last time Hasbro, Mattel, or any major corporation dropped their prices? Probably ones-&-twos of times in the past 20 years. The expectations is always more, and more.

I have gone in the same direction as you with preorders. The latest wave was the last preorders I did, that weren't exclusives (thank you Hasbro Pulse ). I haven't preordered anything else, and even now I think I might cancel my Joe preorders on Pulse since they haven't sold out. It is just my stupid FOMO holding on for no good reason.

As for punishing Hasbro, they aren't listening, or going to get the message. They'll just take a short term "L" like with the packaging fiasco, and move on. Hell look at what is going on with WOTC their MTG line. It seems like every other month there is another self inflicted wound, but they keep on keepin' on?!

As others have pointed out many a time, the reality is that we can only speak with our dollars but, unfortunately, that usually results in the wrong message. More often than not they see it as time to end the line, or put it on hiatus, and not course correct. Then we get their attention, but it's is usually the wrong kind of attention and results in the wrong message being received by them.

Either way I agree that pricing is getting ridiculous, but I don't know that they'll ever change.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2023, 09:58 AM   #2817
nighthawk
Jedi Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vchipp View Post
OMG! It finally happened, plastic free packaging has officially screwed me over. I preordered Shipwreck from Gamestop, when I went and picked it up I thought it was weird that the bottom had been taped over. Since it was a preorder, I didn't think much about it since it was held at the counter but once I opened it all the accessories were missing! Did someone at the factory steal it? or Gamestop (I'll be contacting em soon, but either way I'll have to go back and get a refund or an exchange).
I bought a Marvel Legends figure at Gamestop that had weird tape as well. I asked the cashier if I can open to verify contents. He opened it up for me and everything was there, so I bought it.
nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2023, 10:54 AM   #2818
CobraCommander
Jedi Knight

Just spam Hasbro's socials, they will eventually get the message.

B/S/T Threads:
ActionFigureNews
Hisstank
Cybertron.ca

Feedback Threads:
ActionFigureNews
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2023, 11:20 AM   #2819
Arishikage
Cylon Centurion

So the fan- channel offerings today are:

Low Light
Grunt
Snow Serpent

Then there are rumours of:

Tiger Force Flint (Target)
Python Patrol Tele-Viper (Target)
Shadow Tracker (Wal-Mart)
the next Night Force member (Wal-Mart)

Next week is supposed to be Firefly, Crimson Viper and likely Nunchuk.

video is up for today.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CtwcOFegJIc/
Arishikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2023, 12:16 PM   #2820
Shatterstar
Cobra Trooper

Grunt looks cool. Tiring of the endless Viper variants.
Shatterstar is online now   Reply With Quote