ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 11-20-2020, 04:32 PM   #3181
Lord Scareglow
Whatever
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvellegendsguy View Post
I have seen it done rarely in the past. No pattern I can see unless some staff person is personally identifying what will likely be most popular. Probably some sinister AI algorithm at work. Perhaps they can retask the computing power to figure out what happened to my classified Storm Shadow and a million other things.
Yeah I recently saw this and was taken aback, the New Carnage is 34 for no good reason, Venomized Miles is 36, in fact that whole wave is really wonky, Morbius and Gwen are 40??, Stealth Cap and Blue Iron Man 34? , that's rough Amazon, it seems like it's only applying these oddball prices to the newer releases, maybe to see if some fools bite (which they probably have), yet a whole bunch of recent-ish figures are on sale

hey at least Amazon is sticking to that American price for the Nimrod 3 pack, we got lucky there!

Also yes.. come on Amazon, Storm Shadow you really flubbed us all here, it's your exclusive and you couldn't get any for us Canadians , I'm still really mad about that.
Lord Scareglow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 04:42 AM   #3182
Ksteel
Mutant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfU5sAMGrAI

Oh interesting. The new Spider-verse figures seem to have pegs attached to the heads. I wonder if that's a new thing with ML going forward.
Ksteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 10:35 AM   #3183
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksteel View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfU5sAMGrAI

Oh interesting. The new Spider-verse figures seem to have pegs attached to the heads. I wonder if that's a new thing with ML going forward.
Ugh. I hate that. The heads were fine the way they were, and made for simple head swaps between figures. This is a major disappointment for me. Hopefully they don’t start doing this widespread. If anything, I’d like to see them start using the normal method for their Star Wars figures. Not sure what diabolical super villain designed the system that holds their heads on, but they need to be beaten with giant inflatable mallets for all eternity. (Their necks are typically on double ended ball joints that snap into the torso on one side and into the head on the other, all so freaking tightly that you have to heat them to remove them, and usually the neck pops out first requiring you to try to grip that while still trying to pull off the head...YEESH!)
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 02:10 PM   #3184
Enforcer
Dark Knight

"This is EB Games calling to let you know your pre-ordered Jenna Jameson figure has arrived"

Nice.
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 04:22 PM   #3185
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
"This is EB Games calling to let you know your pre-ordered Jenna Jameson figure has arrived"

Nice.
Wow must be an exclusive lol
sixshot1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 04:40 PM   #3186
Lord Scareglow
Whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post

Nice.
Wait what? people are still getting calls for pre-order pick ups? , but how does that work? if you have not paid for it yet, we are in Lockdown in Toronto, I'd presume you can get curbside pick up, but if you had not previously paid you couldn't go into the store and use the debit machine, I'm confused?

I'm super bummed I'm going to lose so many pre-orders at EB, like last time.
Old 11-25-2020, 05:18 PM   #3187
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Scareglow View Post
Wait what? people are still getting calls for pre-order pick ups? , but how does that work? if you have not paid for it yet, we are in Lockdown in Toronto, I'd presume you can get curbside pick up, but if you had not previously paid you couldn't go into the store and use the debit machine, I'm confused?

I'm super bummed I'm going to lose so many pre-orders at EB, like last time.
Brampton is in lock down and did curbside pickup no issues. Just mall locations I'd imagine are shutdown...
Old 11-25-2020, 05:30 PM   #3188
Lord Scareglow
Whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixshot1981 View Post
Brampton is in lock down and did curbside pickup no issues. Just mall locations I'd imagine are shutdown...
Ya but even with Curbside Pick up, if you had not paid for the item how do you pay for it?
Old 11-25-2020, 06:03 PM   #3189
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Scareglow View Post
Ya but even with Curbside Pick up, if you had not paid for the item how do you pay for it?
They open the door with a debit machine on a long stick and let me pay lol
Old 11-25-2020, 06:29 PM   #3190
Lord Scareglow
Whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixshot1981 View Post
They open the door with a debit machine on a long stick and let me pay lol
Awe man that's awesome, sucks my store is in a mall, backlog time for me, actually more like I'll never get those pre-orders, so I gotta make new arrangements since who knows how long this lockdown is going to be.