ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 08-05-2009, 09:21 PM   #11
pud333
Master of the Universe
Re: Questions from a Star Wars ignoramus...

Awesome, thanks for all the info guys. I think I'll pick up some clone wars figures. I've been rewatching the first series and I forgot how cool it was. I did however just miss a sale, so I think I might wait for another. There seems to plenty of sales at TRU lately on SW figures.

PS: when it comes to the clone troopers like Commander Cody, or Rex, or the generic ones, what rank corresponds with each color? (eg: red, yellow, blue, etc).

Last edited by pud333; 08-06-2009 at 12:10 AM.
pud333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 09:44 PM   #12
pud333
Master of the Universe

So I picked up my first ever Star Wars Clone Wars figure. Plo Koon. He's freaking awesome. I would have liked some knee articulation, but otherwise he's great. I'll probably pick some more up so long as they're all this great in quality.
pud333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 12:41 AM   #13
Robimus
Super Moderator

Maybe try the Star Wars Wiki for those color ranks. I don't know if there is any significance to them. Cody is yellow, but so are the Clone pilots.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 05:56 PM   #14
BeeBoy29

sorry to revive this thread but since im an ignoramous as well i have a question. well from the gi joes i have they all come with stands for the figs, seeing as star wars and joes are made by hasbro why dont the star wars include stands as well? my apologies if this sounds like a silly question
BeeBoy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 09:06 PM   #15
Icetron
Master of the Universe

Some of the 30th Anniversary figures did come with stands. I think now they don't include stands since they're just trying to be cheap.
Icetron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 11:06 PM   #16
BeeBoy29

i still dont get it though, if they are tryna be cheap why do the gi joe's have stands still? thanx fer ur input though icetron
Old 10-23-2009, 11:54 PM   #17
Robimus
Super Moderator

I've heard all kinds of takes on this from Hasbro..."People prefer the collectors coins"....."People prefer the Build A droid"......."Stands are not cost effective"....so on.

Overall I suspect its cheapskatedness. I did love the stands that accompanied the 30th Anniversary figs.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 01:03 PM   #18
BeeBoy29

ahh okay, damn u hasbro, u cheapie! =P
Old 10-29-2009, 02:10 PM   #19
Haggis
Kilted Crusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
PS: when it comes to the clone troopers like Commander Cody, or Rex, or the generic ones, what rank corresponds with each color? (eg: red, yellow, blue, etc).
In the start of the Clone Wars, rank of the troopers was determined by color worn on their helmet, arm and shoulder armor except for major legions like the 501st and some commanders like Commander Fox and Captain Rex.
  • White—Private (standard trooper).
  • Olive green—Sergeant; commanded squads made up of nine troops.
  • Blue—Lieutenant; commanded platoons made up of four squads (36 troops).
  • Red—Captain; commanded companies made up of four platoons (144 troops).
  • Yellow—Commander; commanded regiments made up of four battalions (2,304 troops). Many of these commanders were grown with more capacity for independent thought than their troops, and were sometimes known by names rather than numbers. They also received training from the ARC trooper Alpha-17. Notable clone commanders included Cody, Bly, Gree, Bacara, Appo, Neyo, Thire, Keller, and Salvo
With the development and distribution of Phase II clone trooper armor, clone troopers no longer used color markings to denote rank. Instead, color patterns on troop armor signified legion designation and position.
Troopers with Phase II armor, or at least, Commander Cody, also wore colored stripes along their arms indicating the campaigns they served in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
I've heard all kinds of takes on this from Hasbro..."People prefer the collectors coins"....."People prefer the Build A droid"......."Stands are not cost effective"....so on.

Overall I suspect its cheapskatedness. I did love the stands that accompanied the 30th Anniversary figs.
I wish they still came with stands, teh floor boards in my appartment are shotty, and a miss step or a jumping daughter and send my figures tumbling to teh ground.
Haggis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 10:35 PM   #20
Icetron
Master of the Universe

Random question guys, I just noticed the Clone Scuba Trooper I bought a month ago has a foil SW logo instead of a regular printed one. On the back it looks just like any other generic Canadian card. Does anyone know why it's like that? Is it a first day of issue that didn't get a sticker or something (I recently got a CW Battle Droid, first day of issue with a foil SW logo on the card front)?

From RS's pics it looks like it doesn't have a foil logo. http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?i...a/IMG_9639.jpg

Just curious
Icetron is offline   Reply With Quote