ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Canadian Action Figure News

Old 06-29-2010, 11:18 PM   #1
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon
Hasbro's June STAR WARS Q&A Answers for ActionFigureNews.ca

AFN: While many of us love SA, the use of BJ hips has been something of a mixed bag. So far on every figure that has incorporated BJ hips, what we end up with is a figure that has big bulging hips to the sides ruining the aesthetic of the figure. RotS Obi Wan looked incredibly silly with them and many collectors are referring to the upcoming TVC Bespin Luke as "diaper Luke" due to the wide hips. Will Hasbro ever be able to narrow the hips down? What about using the BJ hips as seen in your Iron Man 2 figures?
Hasbro:The Iron Man figures are built to a slightly larger size (4") so you may be seeing the same size mechanism but a slightly different aesthetic. We'll take a look in any case; the ball and socket hips are really the first generation and we can look for ways to slim them down if we can.

AFN: I'm seeing that Hasbro will be again releasing the 501st Clonetrooper in the fall with the new Saga Legends line. Yet in the photos which preview this figure, it's clear that Hasbro still hasn't fixed the glaring error with the helmet stripe that was first reported to you in the Q&As over a year and a half ago. The error was the blue stripe that is missing on the helmet, between the black horizontal stripe and the visor. Also the blue stripe that adorns the topside of the helmet is incorrect - it should make a "V" shape but instead is painted with uniform width. The artwork you use on the card depicts how the helmet should look when done correctly. It's not even a hard error to fix: just use the paint mask from your TSC Commander Appo figure (which did not suffer from these errors).
Hasbro: You are right, we have not fixed the Saga Legends figure since as a "carry-forward" figure we typically don't involve designers to oversee the development of the figure. We'll correct that; thanks for the heads-up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	starwarslogo.jpg
Views:	503
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	1061  
Old 06-29-2010, 11:57 PM   #2
Robimus
Super Moderator
Re: Hasbro's June STAR WARS Q&A Answers for ActionFigureNews.ca

Now we'll see if it gets fixed or not.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 06:31 AM   #3
Napseeker
Dark Knight
Re: Hasbro's June STAR WARS Q&A Answers for ActionFigureNews.ca

They've actually had two reminders to fix that stripe (one from me over a year ago, and another from another site even before that). I'm skeptical but it almost doesn't matter to me anymore, I've now accumulated enough of the Commander Appo figures that I just swap heads with the Saga Legends 501st (to get a corrected, and less "dirty" 501st trooper... the Appo has a bit too much dirt for my tastes).
Napseeker is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
hasbro q&a