ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 09-04-2020, 01:06 PM   #2391
Stryfe2026
Cylon Centurion
Re: Star Wars Black Series discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixle View Post
Grabbed Captain Cardinal

I luckily grabbed one of each, except DJ R3X. Hoping he comes up soon!
Stryfe2026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 01:49 PM   #2392
DubbaDee
Super Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixle View Post
Grabbed Captain Cardinal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryfe2026 View Post
I luckily grabbed one of each, except DJ R3X. Hoping he comes up soon!

Damn. I tried a bunch of times from 8:30-9:30 and the "Home Delivery" button was never clickable
DubbaDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 01:53 PM   #2393
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

So are you guys ok with the $35 price tag? I know that these are exclusive so they get away with a bit of a bump, but are you willing to spend that going forward on regular releases?

Personally I was already getting much more selective at $30, but at $35 I will probably be even more selective. Also I'm at the point where I can't think, off the top of my head, of any characters I really need. Hasbro has done a great job of giving us such a wide selection of characters that I can more easily pull back some.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 02:18 PM   #2394
chaingunsofdoom
Master of the Universe

The set was $1000-$2000 to hit a Disney Land/World so $5 each is fine, if I may actually be able to get them. They will also have a SW sale within 90 days so that's a PM opportunity.

Last edited by chaingunsofdoom; 09-04-2020 at 02:21 PM.
chaingunsofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 02:20 PM   #2395
Stryfe2026
Cylon Centurion

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
So are you guys ok with the $35 price tag? I know that these are exclusive so they get away with a bit of a bump, but are you willing to spend that going forward on regular releases?

Personally I was already getting much more selective at $30, but at $35 I will probably be even more selective. Also I'm at the point where I can't think, off the top of my head, of any characters I really need. Hasbro has done a great job of giving us such a wide selection of characters that I can more easily pull back some.
Honestly the cost of everything is rising, and they’re finally giving us characters from older series. $35 seems a lot, but I don’t have any other interests right now so it’s a worthwhile bump to me.
Stryfe2026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 03:54 PM   #2396
Napseeker
Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaingunsofdoom View Post
The set was $1000-$2000 to hit a Disney Land/World so $5 each is fine, if I may actually be able to get them. They will also have a SW sale within 90 days so that's a PM opportunity.
Yeah but you can now only do a lowest price match within 30 days (used to be 45 days, which was far better).

I hate the new pricepoint. It's happening to Marvel Legends figures too and I'm slowly going to trickle out of collecting 6-inch at this rate. I'm not paying a ridiculous $70+tax for 2 figures, even if they're X-Men characters. Some of us gotta eat and pay rent.
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 07:08 PM   #2397
Darth Cosmos
Master of the Universe

$5 more for exclusives has been the norm for years.

What price hike? There is none. Regular are still $29 and exclusives $34
Darth Cosmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 08:14 PM   #2398
Wheelwave
Master of the Universe

Was hoping my EB Games would have the Clone Troopers in stock. No Dice! Not sure if I should still go out tomorrow. Trying all those recent UPC codes (Even ones that are not Star Wars), none of them work.
Wheelwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 08:23 PM   #2399
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post

For a character that I really want, like Hondo, I’m fine with paying an extra $5. Doesn’t bother me much. I’m already pretty selective on what figures I buy, so price is honestly the least of my issues. The terrible overall distribution on the other hand...

As for characters, there are dozens I would still buy. Grand Inquisitor, Agent Kallus, and AP-5 from Rebels. Spider Legs Darth Maul, Asajj Ventress and young Ashoka from Clone Wars. Jar Jar Binks, young Anakin, Queen Amidala, some Kamino folks, and some Seperatist Leaders from the Prequels. A first appearance Leia and Slave Leia that actually looked like Carrie Fisher from the OT. And oh the Expanded Universe! Jacen and Anakin Solo, Ben Skywalker, Mara Jade Skywalker, Jagged Fel, Lobacca, Vestara Khai! And the rest of the gang from Fallen Order! And Jedi Temple Guards! And Destroyer Droids! And that sexy green dancer from Jabba’s Palace! And a George Lucas figure to hang out with my Stan Lee figure!
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 10:13 PM   #2400
ghostlurk29
Mutant

$5 Qi'Ra

https://www.amazon.ca/Star-Wars-Core...dp/B077BC5WLJ/
ghostlurk29 is offline   Reply With Quote