ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Canadian Action Figure News

Old 08-20-2019, 09:00 AM   #1
C Spray
Clonetrooper
NECA retro Ninja Turtle 2-Packs released in Canada

Pre Orders at EB Games have arrived.

The highly anticipated Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2-Packs by NECA are now here in the great white north. Though in limited quantities.

These sets include Leonardo vs Shreddar, Donatello vs Krang, Michaelangelo vs Foot Soldier and Raphael vs Foot Soldier.

The sets are priced at $69.99. Or cheaper if you have a platinum card.

Unless you pre ordered..you might be out of luck..but good luck if you decide to try and look.

Happy Hunting!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TMNT-NECA-Target-Wave-101__scaled_600.jpg
Views:	2196
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	11468  

Last edited by C Spray; 08-20-2019 at 09:12 AM.
C Spray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 11:56 AM   #2
Darth Cosmos
Master of the Universe
Re: NECA retro Ninja Turtle 2-Packs released in Canada

My stores didn’t get any pre-orders in and most stores only got pre-order allocation. So I’m still waiting for my set of 4.

Pretty bad launch IMO for the first NECA Turtles released in Canada. Kinda embarrassing actually.
Darth Cosmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 02:57 PM   #3
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Cosmos View Post
My stores didn’t get any pre-orders in and most stores only got pre-order allocation. So I’m still waiting for my set of 4.

Pretty bad launch IMO for the first NECA Turtles released in Canada. Kinda embarrassing actually.
This seems to be an ongoing issue with yourself and others (getting screwed on preorders). Honestly I've had zero issues ordering this stuff on their website incl these figures.

If feasible maybe do both methods, at worst you'll have an extra set which I'm sure can be easily sold off at cost or returned.

In my experiences those items that end up super hard to get in store are really easy to obtain online and in most cases I receive my online order before the stores even get theirs.
sixshot1981 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 03:17 PM   #4
Darth Cosmos
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixshot1981 View Post
This seems to be an ongoing issue with yourself and others (getting screwed on preorders). Honestly I've had zero issues ordering this stuff on their website incl these figures.

If feasible maybe do both methods, at worst you'll have an extra set which I'm sure can be easily sold off at cost or returned.

In my experiences those items that end up super hard to get in store are really easy to obtain online and in most cases I receive my online order before the stores even get theirs.
I do in store only and I shouldn’t have to place multiple orders in store and online to get an item.

Also I can’t use my Onyx membership and earn points either. So I can’t get my 15% off unless I bring it in store and return and rebuy. But that isn’t always allowed.

NECA dropped the ball. There is no reason there shouldn’t have been some on shelves too for anyone.

As the first NECA Turtles release in Canada, it is currently a failure.
Old 08-20-2019, 05:06 PM   #5
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

Quote:
I do in store only and I shouldn’t have to place multiple orders in store and online to get an item.

Also I can’t use my Onyx membership and earn points either. So I can’t get my 15% off unless I bring it in store and return and rebuy. But that isn’t always allowed.

NECA dropped the ball. There is no reason there shouldn’t have been some on shelves too for anyone.

As the first NECA Turtles release in Canada, it is currently a failure.
No you shouldn't but that appears to current climate your having to deal with. It's really a scenario where you may have no other choice but to adapt. While it is frustrating at some point you can't keep doing the same thing expecting different results in the end your the only one who loses. I can appreciate your reasons but I mean at some point you can either assure yourself the item or be left rolling the dice and being disappointed over and over, otherwise what's the point in expressing disappointment if you don't change how you get there. Otherwise you can't really be surprised when your left empty handed.

To be fair we don't know if it's NECAs fault or EB Games. Perhaps online orders considerably outnumbered in store orders which would effect in store quantities. Neca didn't anticipate the demand etc... Considering its the first rollout there's alot of variables. Only thing that would be a step in the right direction is more being available next time. They had no metrics to go on and it's really better to make less and have more demand then to make too much and overestimate the demand and be stuck with alot of stock. It's bad business.

We don't know what happened and pointing a finger at alot we don't know that is all speculation even whose to blame.

Share your concerns with Neca maybe that will let them know what's going on.

Good luck
Old 08-20-2019, 06:52 PM   #6
Darth Cosmos
Master of the Universe

I should be able to preorder a product and get it. I shouldn’t need a bunch of back ups to ensure I get them and then deal with cancelling them all after or returning them. Especially when it’s the same retailer we are talking about. I shouldn’t need to preorder at both EBs in town and online to make sure I get an item. That’s utterly embarrassing for EB and NECA.

It’s a failure of a launch. If there’s no product it’s a failure. Doesn’t matter how you want to paint it. Little to no product for the first NECA Turtle launch in Canada.

Last edited by Darth Cosmos; 08-20-2019 at 07:07 PM.
Old 08-20-2019, 07:29 PM   #7
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

Quote:
I should be able to preorder a product and get it. I shouldn’t need a bunch of back ups to ensure I get them and then deal with cancelling them all after or returning them. Especially when it’s the same retailer we are talking about. I shouldn’t need to preorder at both EBs in town and online to make sure I get an item. That’s utterly embarrassing for EB and NECA.

It’s a failure of a launch. If there’s no product it’s a failure. Doesn’t matter how you want to paint it. Little to no product for the first NECA Turtle launch in Canada.
Oh I hear ya. In a perfect world it would totally work out for everyone involved. I've never actually pre-ordered in store at EB ever, I'm solely online preorders, obviously they take online orders in higher priority as I don't think I've ever not had a pre-order ship or be cancelled.

Backups may not be convenient but for myself they work and I always get what I need with little hassle. To each their own naturally. It's frustrating to see when a system fails.

Hopefully the trend ends soon and you get what you order. Otherwise I can't envision any other option besides sourcing it online that could help even without the hassle of backup ordering.

Last edited by sixshot1981; 08-20-2019 at 07:32 PM.
Old 08-21-2019, 12:10 AM   #8
Gphalen
Reviewer of Stuffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Spray View Post
Pre Orders at EB Games have arrived.

The highly anticipated Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2-Packs by NECA are now here in the great white north. Though in limited quantities.

These sets include Leonardo vs Shreddar, Donatello vs Krang, Michaelangelo vs Foot Soldier and Raphael vs Foot Soldier.

The sets are priced at $69.99. Or cheaper if you have a platinum card.

Unless you pre ordered..you might be out of luck..but good luck if you decide to try and look.

Happy Hunting!

$70 for two action figures. Toy pricing is just disgusting don't even care that they are Neca its still over priced.
Gphalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 08:01 PM   #9
cloud
Master of the Universe

COnsidering how much I paid for the original exclusives release $70 isnt bad. At least you have the chance to purchase it.

The low quantity available factors in to the cost. I'm used to seeing 30 odd bucks for a NECA or DC Collectible figure. Even Marvel Legends cost 30 bucks these days.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 11:16 PM   #10
Hoffman
Agent of Shield

Our stock should be here within the next week or so for anybody who ordered through us.
Hoffman is offline   Reply With Quote