ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 02-08-2020, 01:46 PM   #1901
Marvellegendsguy
Dark Knight
Re: Star Wars Black Series discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Quinn View Post
Man that’s a terrible case ratio. With the way ROS stuff is shelf warming you would think they would one-per-case all of those and double up on Dooku and Bly.
That going to be so hard to get Bly, I gave my 33/4 version to my son, I wanted two of these Blys, one for me and one for him.
Marvellegendsguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 03:37 PM   #1902
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvellegendsguy View Post
That going to be so hard to get Bly, I gave my 33/4 version to my son, I wanted two of these Blys, one for me and one for him.
Prequel stuff has been HOT lately too. Mace, Padme, and the Battle Droid disappeared from EBs pretty quick. Time to start sweet talking the staff at my local store to have them keep an eye out for them for me.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 04:10 PM   #1903
Marvellegendsguy
Dark Knight

Quote:
Prequel stuff has been HOT lately too. Mace, Padme, and the Battle Droid disappeared from EBs pretty quick. Time to start sweet talking the staff at my local store to have them keep an eye out for them for me.
I would order a case but Bly and Dooku are all I want. I hate the new trilogy, why double pack those.
Old 02-08-2020, 05:03 PM   #1904
wedge1021
Mutant

Quote:
I would order a case but Bly and Dooku are all I want. I hate the new trilogy, why double pack those.
Same here. I usually buy cases, but not for just 2 figures. 5 or 6 of 8, OK, but not 2.
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 08:54 PM   #1905
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

Quote:
I feel like this is the sentiment of most fans. And re-releasing that shelf warming Yavin Luke seems like a mistake. I get that they messed up the packaging the first time around but if they’re going to re-release a figure why not do the Mandalorian? I just don’t want to see this clog shelves and stop up distribution. Waves are already unpredictable here. Still miffed that we missed the Aphra wave. Still need a 000 and BT.
Old 02-08-2020, 09:08 PM   #1906
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

Quote:
I feel like this is the sentiment of most fans. And re-releasing that shelf warming Yavin Luke seems like a mistake. I get that they messed up the packaging the first time around but if they’re going to re-release a figure why not do the Mandalorian? I just don’t want to see this clog shelves and stop up distribution. Waves are already unpredictable here. Still miffed that we missed the Aphra wave. Still need a 000 and BT.
You mean we missed the Aphra wave at retail ? I was able to get all 3 on Amazon.ca ok
sixshot1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 12:06 PM   #1907
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixshot1981 View Post
You mean we missed the Aphra wave at retail ? I was able to get all 3 on Amazon.ca ok
Yeah. I don’t think anyplace aside from some conic shops got them. They were up on Amazon ca for a while too, but prices were all over the place. Not paying $50 or a 6 inch murder bot, lol.
Old 02-09-2020, 01:24 PM   #1908
Darth Cosmos
Master of the Universe

It’s the norm lately for non force Friday or main waves to just totally skip retail here. It’s such a crapshoot. Marvel legends has no issues with waves sometimes hitting here before the USA. While black series just totally skips waves at retail.

Funny too that LCS stopped carrying black series too as they said they cost way more for a case for them compared to marvel legends and they don’t sell even close to as many.

Oof
Darth Cosmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 02:36 PM   #1909
Marvellegendsguy
Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Cosmos View Post
It’s the norm lately for non force Friday or main waves to just totally skip retail here. It’s such a crapshoot. Marvel legends has no issues with waves sometimes hitting here before the USA. While black series just totally skips waves at retail.

Funny too that LCS stopped carrying black series too as they said they cost way more for a case for them compared to marvel legends and they don’t sell even close to as many.

Oof
How is that possible, who doesn’t want constable zuvio, 3 different double packed Rays, Finns? What about admiral Holdo, Maz kanaka,DJ and the rest? Why don’t people want to spend $30 on them? It’s almost like people want mainly want original trilogy, prequel and clone wars figures, but I guess Hasbro/Disney know best.

Last edited by Marvellegendsguy; 02-09-2020 at 02:38 PM.
Old 02-09-2020, 02:42 PM   #1910
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Yeah. I don’t think anyplace aside from some conic shops got them. They were up on Amazon ca for a while too, but prices were all over the place. Not paying $50 or a 6 inch murder bot, lol.
I must have been lucky then I managed to get all 3 at retail despite the fact they kept sending them in crushed bubble mailers lol
sixshot1981 is offline   Reply With Quote