ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old Yesterday, 10:21 AM   #71
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by E Mikd View Post
I think this is my favourite piece from Mega Bloks. That and the scuba guy with the flippers.
Agreed, it's better than 90% of the other action figures out there these days.
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:21 AM   #72
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

2-007
Hasbro- Marvel Legends: Valkrie

Much like many other filler characters, I know basically nothing about Valkyrie and that is Ok. Google has informed me that she will be making an appearance in the new Thor movie, played by the actress whom I mistook for Rosario Dawson. Iím assuming that the internet was completely accepting of the fact that she was not the spitting image of her comic counterpart and decidedlyÖ not white?

Ö...BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

I feel like Marvel needs to do a better job in promoting some of itís lesser known characters in popular media, much like DC did with Justice League Unlimited and Batman: The Brave and the Bold. That said, I will give kudos to Marvel for actually producing toys of these figures; but if they are expecting collectors to shell out $30 a pop, they would sell much better if people know who or what they were buying. Incidentally I also wish that DC would start producing figures that werenít Batman, but that is a whole different conversation.

The figure itself is nice and looks accurate to her comic persona. I also appreciate the head sculpt and the long blond braids (personal taste) but as with all sculpted hair, it limits the neck movement. She comes with her trademark (maybe?) sword and a non-sculpted belt that just sort of sits there on her hips that I suppose counts as an accessory. Iím not a huge fan of the hip joints and the non-double jointed elbows on the larger female moulds, but if we are weighing form over function, it doesnít hinder too much.

Pros: Imposing figure with a great look and sexy practical blond pigtails.

Cons: Articulation hindered by dumb joints and is a lesser known character.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote