ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Mattel Toy Discussion

Old 01-11-2010, 08:08 PM   #11
Autobot Prime
Krypton 4 life!!
Re: 3.75" Public Enemies 6 pack.

Nice! they look nice in those pics. If i was into the 3.75's id buy the entire line guilt free lolzzz!! but i can't collect that size figs. im too in love with the DCUC line....but not in love with DCUC prices.
Autobot Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 07:06 AM   #12
TFtoys
Clonetrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
The female figures need better articulation. It's something that hasn't been addressed, and really needs to be. They have no elbow or wrist articulation, no ankle articulation, and their hip joints are so that when you bend the leg, it bends at an awkward angle. The sculpt looks better than ball jointed hips, but no where near as functional. IMO, the female figures are the weakest in the line. Also, because some of the figures have long hair, and it's hard plastic, it limits head movement.
maybe because they make most of the female too thin in arm, which gives them no room for development or joints. But why so big and strong for the Batwoman ? I though wonderwoman and Powergirl should have the strongest muscular appearance....
TFtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 01:09 PM   #13
pud333
Master of the Universe

Yeah, some of the designs are puzzling. Basically, the old DCIH articulation has less articulation than some 1980's figures. I found that completely strange. Mattel has sort of shot themselves in the foot by not coming out with at least Joe style articulation. Ah well. I think they're catching on, so hopefully we get a lot more of these new articulated figures in Canada soon.
Old 01-14-2010, 05:38 AM   #14
TFtoys
Clonetrooper

Quote:
Got DCIH Martian Manhunter in the mail today. I like the sculpt, but the cape is kind of silly. A well. The good news is, the quality is noticeably better than the PE stuff, which gets a huge thumbs up from me. Like the PE figures, he has all new articulation. For once, I am not afraid of breaking the figure.

new manhunter comes with a stand ?
TFtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 11:35 PM   #15
pud333
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFtoys View Post
new manhunter comes with a stand ?
No. None of the DCIH come with stands. The ones I'm using are the official ones from mattycollector.
Old 01-14-2010, 11:47 PM   #16
Icetron
Master of the Universe

Quote:
The female figures need better articulation. It's something that hasn't been addressed, and really needs to be. They have no elbow or wrist articulation, no ankle articulation, and their hip joints are so that when you bend the leg, it bends at an awkward angle. The sculpt looks better than ball jointed hips, but no where near as functional. IMO, the female figures are the weakest in the line. Also, because some of the figures have long hair, and it's hard plastic, it limits head movement.
I would just like to say I agree with you man. I got Powergirl (Same mold as Black Canary it looks like) and I was amazed at how unarticulated she was. The paint apps are fine I suppose, but the articulation is just embarassing.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:03 AM   #17
pud333
Master of the Universe

Yeah, it's almost like you're better off buying a statue.

Tags
dcih, public enemies