ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Mattel Toy Discussion

Old 01-29-2009, 12:12 PM   #1
-KG-
Gotham Knight
TDK Movie Masters Batpod - Canadian Release?

Just wondering if anyone knows if the TDK Movie Masters Batpod will be released in Canada? As I understand it it's a Target exclusive in the US. Using Transformers logic that would make it a Zellers exclusive up here. Question is, are we gonna get the short end of the stick again, or has someone found one at retail?
-KG- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 12:24 PM   #2
Re: TDK Movie Masters Batpod - Canadian Release?

i doubt it. it's been on clearance in Targets for months. i was lucky to grab one from the states.
avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 06:26 PM   #3
CTO15
Avengers Assemble!

yeah slim chance that we'll see it up hear. Maybe zellers will get it like next year
CTO15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 02:13 PM   #4
-KG-
Gotham Knight

I didn't think we would get it, but since I'm in no rush to get it I'll just wait and see what happens. That or wait to find a deal online.
Old 03-01-2009, 10:16 PM   #5
Batman
Super Friend

If it came out here, I would get one, but I am not going to track it down online.
Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 08:58 AM   #6
Trekie2
Red Shirt

Hi everyone...new here....I got mine from the States...and I must say, it's awesome. Since Target is clearing them out you can find "non scalpers" on Evilbay that will let it go for you at about what cost was when it came out...that includes shipping.....I think I got mine delivered for about $22.00 Canadian. I hope that we also get Wave 2 of the MM figures and the Wave 2 of the Hot Wheels 1/50 diecast.

On another note anyone notice how expensive Zellers has become?
Trekie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 07:33 PM   #7
there_is_a_martens
Clonetrooper

Tell me about it! I shop in Winnipeg, and even when there's a Wal-Mart across the street, the prices are several dollars higher at Zellers. Plus, it seems Zellers is getting slack at restocking the shelves. Used to be able to go there and find things like Movie Masters and Marvel Legends that I couldn't find anywhere else, but now, nothing. And even when they wer on shelf, I wasn't about to pay 20 freakin dollars for a Legends King Hulk! Geez!
there_is_a_martens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 03:01 PM   #8
Prowl_2009
Guardian of Gotham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bustajesse View Post
If it came out here, I would get one, but I am not going to track it down online.
I talked to a friend at Zellers last night and they told me the Movie Masters Batpod was a Target Exclusive that, like the Superman/Batman: Public Enemies toyline from late last year, will be kept exclusive to the States and will not see a release anywhere else.

My Blog: Infinite Earths
Twitter: @InfinteEarths
Facebook
Prowl_2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 06:14 PM   #9
Autobot Prime
Krypton 4 life!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekie2 View Post
Hi everyone...new here....I got mine from the States...and I must say, it's awesome. Since Target is clearing them out you can find "non scalpers" on Evilbay that will let it go for you at about what cost was when it came out...that includes shipping.....I think I got mine delivered for about $22.00 Canadian. I hope that we also get Wave 2 of the MM figures and the Wave 2 of the Hot Wheels 1/50 diecast.

On another note anyone notice how expensive Zellers has become?
First off Welcome to AFN Trekie2!!
I knew i should have got one when i saw it cheap on ebay last year. I figured i'll just wait it out till it comes to Zellers. I guess not anymore! Dam these Target exclusives. Make it so difficult and pricey for us to get at this side of the border.
Autobot Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 10:13 PM   #10
-KG-
Gotham Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowl_2009 View Post
I talked to a friend at Zellers last night and they told me the Movie Masters Batpod was a Target Exclusive that, like the Superman/Batman: Public Enemies toyline from late last year, will be kept exclusive to the States and will not see a release anywhere else.
I bought one at TTT in Square One a few months ago for $19.99. They had lots. A couple of months later I went to TTT in the Eaton Centre and they had tons of them for $14.99! The last time I was in both stores they still had lots if anyone is looking for them.