ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 03-19-2023, 06:17 PM   #2701
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe
Re: Hasbro Power Rangers Lightning Collection Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifedragon99 View Post
Walmart has lightning collection that's not Tengu warriors or in space black?
Lol I think that wave killed the line for most Walmart stores. That was the last wave my Walmarts had before they clearances them out and stopped selling them.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 09:51 PM   #2702
Ksteel
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifedragon99 View Post
Walmart has lightning collection that's not Tengu warriors or in space black?
My Walmarts (scarborough/markham area) seem to have Wave 13, and they're being clearanced out.

I wonder if it has to do with all the QC issues of this wave.
Ksteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 08:28 AM   #2703
ToaTahu
Red Shirt

Thanks for the heads up! Because of you I was able to get the figures I wanted!

Last edited by ToaTahu; 03-21-2023 at 11:20 PM.
ToaTahu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 08:39 PM   #2704
ssjgoku22
Mutant

Man, those Lightning Collection Power weapons are so grossly overpriced. They're starting to shelf-warm everywhere that's selling them. What was Hasbro thinking selling them for so much? No die-cast or chrome or anything relatively expensive about them (other than the electronics). I'd be down to own the Power Sword, but not for $300.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 08:44 PM   #2705
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
Man, those Lightning Collection Power weapons are so grossly overpriced. They're starting to shelf-warm everywhere that's selling them. What was Hasbro thinking selling them for so much? No die-cast or chrome or anything relatively expensive about them (other than the electronics). I'd be down to own the Power Sword, but not for $300.
They will be on clearance soon enough. Wait it out.
Old 03-25-2023, 12:20 AM   #2706
cloud
Master of the Universe

Quote:
I don't remember how much they cost but they are not overpriced.
It lights up and comes with a stand.

Keep it mind these are life size props. Not a lot of people have room for it so the sales will be slow for sure. And I also find the Power Rangers is not a popular brand when it comes to selling merch
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 02:17 AM   #2707
ssjgoku22
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud View Post
I don't remember how much they cost but they are not overpriced.
It lights up and comes with a stand.

Keep it mind these are life size props. Not a lot of people have room for it so the sales will be slow for sure. And I also find the Power Rangers is not a popular brand when it comes to selling merch
$190 each for the daggers and power lance and $300 for the sword. Power axe is going to be $300 like the sword and the Bow could go either way (maybe $300 as it's also long).

This isn't a size issue. If they were priced lower, these would probably sell well. Clearly, people are avoiding them because of the price. Lately, with many of the price increases, a lot of the lightning collection is sitting around. Ninjetti were overpriced and are starting to fill the shelves at TRU. ZAP Megazords are also easy to find. I'm also seeing wave 13 fully in stock at most Gamestop's in my area.

I understand why Black Series light sabers are so much, they feel really high quality. The Power weapons are decent, but the quality feels kind of meh.
Old 03-25-2023, 06:24 AM   #2708
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
$190 each for the daggers and power lance and $300 for the sword. Power axe is going to be $300 like the sword and the Bow could go either way (maybe $300 as it's also long).

This isn't a size issue. If they were priced lower, these would probably sell well. Clearly, people are avoiding them because of the price. Lately, with many of the price increases, a lot of the lightning collection is sitting around. Ninjetti were overpriced and are starting to fill the shelves at TRU. ZAP Megazords are also easy to find. I'm also seeing wave 13 fully in stock at most Gamestop's in my area.

I understand why Black Series light sabers are so much, they feel really high quality. The Power weapons are decent, but the quality feels kind of meh.

It's become a problem across all of Hasbro's brands for roleplay items.

Lightsabers are the worst offenders. "Clearance" now seems to be $150 and up. Average pricing is close to $300 and don't get me started on the Darksaber. I haven't picked one up since the first, all plastic versions a couple years ago.

Marvel Legends is the same. I remember the first releases of their roleplay items were $150 or less, and then with sales and clearance I was able to grab a lot of things for under $100. Now the starting price is $150 and up. And $150 is absolutely rare unless it is a small item. More so the average starting price for helmets is closer to $200. I recently picked up Spiderman's helmet and the Iron Gauntlet on sale for around $110 each, and I thought that was a deal.

I was at a local TRU yesterday and they had the sword on red tag "clearance" for $275??!!!?? What a @#$%ing joke.

So I don't think it is just PR that is suffering from price inflation, but rather all of Hasbro's brands have gotten out of hand with pricing on roleplay stuff.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 08:23 AM   #2709
ssjgoku22
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
It's become a problem across all of Hasbro's brands for roleplay items.

Lightsabers are the worst offenders. "Clearance" now seems to be $150 and up. Average pricing is close to $300 and don't get me started on the Darksaber. I haven't picked one up since the first, all plastic versions a couple years ago.

Marvel Legends is the same. I remember the first releases of their roleplay items were $150 or less, and then with sales and clearance I was able to grab a lot of things for under $100. Now the starting price is $150 and up. And $150 is absolutely rare unless it is a small item. More so the average starting price for helmets is closer to $200. I recently picked up Spiderman's helmet and the Iron Gauntlet on sale for around $110 each, and I thought that was a deal.

I was at a local TRU yesterday and they had the sword on red tag "clearance" for $275??!!!?? What a @#$%ing joke.

So I don't think it is just PR that is suffering from price inflation, but rather all of Hasbro's brands have gotten out of hand with pricing on roleplay stuff.
Definitely agree. For Marvel, a lot of the higher priced Legends are currently on sale at TRU and they still really aren't moving off of the shelves. I think people are very much thinking with their wallets when purchasing Hasbro stuff lately, and that's a good thing. Let them know that these price increases are becoming too much at this point.
Old 03-25-2023, 11:49 AM   #2710
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Just a heads up. CMD store is having a sale going on with Hasbro brands. There's some decent deals on there. DJC collectibles also having a sale for Hasbro stuff, decent deals too. Anyone seeing a pattern here? Lol.