ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 10-04-2019, 03:03 PM   #1691
philtastic
Master of the Universe
Re: Star Wars Black Series discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelScarn6969 View Post
Seems like toys r us has been getting all, or most, of the Target exclusives from other brands, so I wouldn’t be surprised if they got these as well.
Did anyone see the Mandalorian Carbonized at Toys R Us?

I only made it into TRU well after opening, and if there were any exclusives, they were all gone, along with any regular Mandalorians. The rest of the black box sets were all there, with one or two units of each remaining.

I went to three Walmarts in Montreal, and none of them had anything on the shelves. The managers had no clue about TFF, but one said they thought maybe the shipment would come in for tomorrow.
philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 03:54 PM   #1692
Seginus
Red Shirt

Five Walmarts around Edmonton had nothing, so it's pretty clearly only Toys 'R' Us and EB Games participating today. I found a Carbonized Second Sister by incredible luck at my 5th stop of the day (an EB), which was the only carbonized figure I saw (plenty of first orders, but only for the usual peg warmers you'd expect).
Seginus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 04:00 PM   #1693
RocketGTR
Cylon Centurion

I found them last week but of course they wouldn't sell to me. My wife went in for me this morning and they weren't on the shelf. She had to ask for someone to find them in the back for her.
RocketGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 04:03 PM   #1694
Tonestar
Rookie Supreme

I went to 2 WalMarts and 1 TRU and it was all about Frozen II merchandise especially at TRU which dedicated a front corner of their display floor to it. Little to no new Star Wars merch anywhere. I guess we know where Disney and Hasbro are putting their money this holiday season.
Tonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 04:06 PM   #1695
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

Yeah... pretty underwhelmed. My EB got in one case of figures that went out the door first thing. TRU has a bunch of Rey and Kylos to keep the Episode 8 Rey and Kylos company. Walmart has nothing left. Bah.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 04:31 PM   #1696
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Personally I'm not surprised. I mean this has been the standard result for a couple of years now right? The days of the prequel era Force Friday craziness, midnight openings with tons of stock are long gone.

It has been diminishing returns for years now so I am fine with seeing some life at some stores because I don't expect much anymore.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 04:32 PM   #1697
Stryfe2026
Cylon Centurion

Honestly, it's a smarter approach. Tone down the extreme over the top stuff and release weekly or monthly new stuff until the movie drops.
Stryfe2026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 05:47 PM   #1698
OrangeAtlas
Red Shirt

So the only Carbonized we have access to here in Canada is Second Sister? Since it looks like Walmrt, Amazon, amd Target/Toys R Us are a bust?
OrangeAtlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 05:52 PM   #1699
PompousDawson
Red Shirt

Amazon.ca currently has carbonized sith trooper up for order. https://www.amazon.ca/Black-Carboniz...0224353&sr=8-1
PompousDawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 06:26 PM   #1700
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeAtlas View Post
So the only Carbonized we have access to here in Canada is Second Sister? Since it looks like Walmrt, Amazon, amd Target/Toys R Us are a bust?
Just wait and see. We got Second Sister and Sith Trooper so there is a good chance someone will get the others even if it isn't the same store as in the IS.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote