ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 06-18-2021, 07:16 PM   #3941
Drewton
Cobra Trooper
Re: Star Wars Black Series discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarwarsTF View Post
Anikan has arrived from clone wars!!! One min they are all cancelled, next thing there is an apology for the email, now anikan shows up. Hopefully the other 3 do the same
Did you get a shipping e-mail?
Drewton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 07:42 PM   #3942
eskimobob311
Red Shirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicLumpia View Post
I received my packages today and none of the cards are mint since TRU doesn't bother with using air sacs.

The worse was the echo as the packaging looks crushed on one side.
Yes same here, echo was the worse of all of them. It look like some disgruntled employee knew echo was the most sought after and damaged them ha.
eskimobob311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 09:08 PM   #3943
Wheelwave
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSwipe95 View Post
Listing up on EB for the 212th Battalion Clone.

https://www.ebgames.ca/Toys-Collectibles/Games/879998
Whatever happened to limit 1 per customer like they always did?

Star Wars Black Series Return of the Jedi 40th anniversary Darth Vader
Wheelwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 10:21 PM   #3944
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelwave View Post
Whatever happened to limit 1 per customer like they always did?
Never had issues ordering more than 1
sixshot1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 01:06 AM   #3945
Arishikage
Cylon Centurion

Got my Echo delivery last night. Can confirm another shipped without padding of any kind except the packing slip, but other than the bottom corners being a little delaminated/folded he's in decent shape.

Should be picking up Hawk and Ani by Tuesday at the latest, so that just leaves Obi to get sorted out with TRU.

Didn't have time to attempt any of the preorders today, but that's better for my wallet anyhow. Seems like the 212th went really fast, but maybe I'll still get a crack at Rex and Imp Crosshair depending on when those come up.
Arishikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 02:49 AM   #3946
philtastic
Master of the Universe

Obi-Wan and Anakin arrived in good shape, while Echo had bent rangefinders on the cards, which is the most likely spot for damage, since it's not at all reinforced.

And while they were only kinda curved back, trying to straighten them makes it worse, leaving an indented fold mark on the front of the card. Maybe just let it lie flat, for a a while, but don't try and bend it forward, or it will crease.

But what's really surprising (maybe that's not the right word) is that they didn't use mailer boxes for these like with the Amazon Retro Kenner figures. I think that would have added the needed protection. I've also seen a lot of complaints on FB about TRU not putting any bubble padding in the boxes to keep the figures from being tossed around, but I received some MOTU Origins figures from Walmart today, and while there was plenty of air bags in the box, the cards were still bent to shit, so you really can't win either way.

It's obvious these companies don't really give a shit about their customers, so I have absolutely no qualms about taking advantage of them as much as possible (within the law). I'll buy and return as much as I can until I get something that meets my expectations of quality, especially at the prices they're charging.

I hate that it's become a fight and a struggle at every turn, between retailers that don't care, scalpers sapping the joy, and steadily rising prices across the board.

Who knows, maybe I'll even manage to quit this addiction like I did with 3.75" figures two decades ago when I realized they'd never stop making them, and I would never be able to get them all. At least the limited runs of 6" figures made it pretty feasible, but now it's just more and more, week after week, to the point where it's fairly overwhelming, as many have already said.

Hi, my name is Phil, and I'm a toyoholic.
philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 12:10 PM   #3947
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by philtastic View Post
Obi-Wan and Anakin arrived in good shape, while Echo had bent rangefinders on the cards, which is the most likely spot for damage, since it's not at all reinforced.

And while they were only kinda curved back, trying to straighten them makes it worse, leaving an indented fold mark on the front of the card. Maybe just let it lie flat, for a a while, but don't try and bend it forward, or it will crease.

But what's really surprising (maybe that's not the right word) is that they didn't use mailer boxes for these like with the Amazon Retro Kenner figures. I think that would have added the needed protection. I've also seen a lot of complaints on FB about TRU not putting any bubble padding in the boxes to keep the figures from being tossed around, but I received some MOTU Origins figures from Walmart today, and while there was plenty of air bags in the box, the cards were still bent to shit, so you really can't win either way.

It's obvious these companies don't really give a shit about their customers, so I have absolutely no qualms about taking advantage of them as much as possible (within the law). I'll buy and return as much as I can until I get something that meets my expectations of quality, especially at the prices they're charging.

I hate that it's become a fight and a struggle at every turn, between retailers that don't care, scalpers sapping the joy, and steadily rising prices across the board.

Who knows, maybe I'll even manage to quit this addiction like I did with 3.75" figures two decades ago when I realized they'd never stop making them, and I would never be able to get them all. At least the limited runs of 6" figures made it pretty feasible, but now it's just more and more, week after week, to the point where it's fairly overwhelming, as many have already said.

Hi, my name is Phil, and I'm a toyoholic.
Take a break Phil. You're burnt out. Most of us are. Maybe consider just collecting characters you REALLY love instead of characters you just want. It's easy to get caught up in the completionist mentality. Or just collect something of Higher quality that is less frequent with drops. Like 1/6th scale figures or import 6 inch figures.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 12:53 PM   #3948
usernameprime
Cobra Commander

many of these posts sound like the ramblings of a paranoid lunatic
usernameprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 01:09 PM   #3949
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

You can blame Hasbro for that.