ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 07-27-2012, 03:23 PM   #221
pud333
Master of the Universe
Re: Hot Toys or other 1/6th goodness that makes our wallets cry

Welcome, BoNKers! Nice toys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPowerCollectbls View Post
pud333: Just replied to your email and unfortunately we can't get any more, I'll let you know if anyone cancels.
Thanks for the response! That's what my dumbass gets for procrastinating, haha. Definitely let me know if someone cancels. If I could get one from you, that would be preferred, and then I would just cancel my BBTS order. Since Toys2 is charging more than BBTS, as well as shipping + taxes, I figure they'll work out somewhat the same in the end so long as I don't get hit by duty. I'm willing to take that chance, haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTO15 View Post
Pudd, Urban Ninja still has it for PO

URban Ninja

http://www.urbansamuraihobbies.com/h...rises-bat-pod/

but for some reason it's cheaper to ship in the US then Canada? that makes no sense
Interesting. I'm gonna call them. I think they're still connected with A3U, and A3U has a store in Burnaby. If I recall, they used to allow some 1/6th scale pickups from their store. Gonna see if I can swing that to avoid shipping charges.

Yeah, looking at reviews, it seems I need the Batpod, haha. I will be getting a Q2 bonus to cover the purchase. These will probably be my last big $$$ purchases besides one or two more valkyries, since everything is changing for me in six months. Gonna be a dad, so I am losing my toy room. But yay for the baby! haha. So I'm giving myself a nice "pre-baby" Christmas present! Which will probably then go right back into the box.

Last edited by pud333; 07-27-2012 at 03:27 PM.
pud333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 02:05 PM   #222
ninth
Red Shirt

Quote:
Pudd, Urban Ninja still has it for PO

URban Ninja

http://www.urbansamuraihobbies.com/h...rises-bat-pod/

but for some reason it's cheaper to ship in the US then Canada? that makes no sense
It's cause they cross the border and probably use USPS shipping for the parcels being sent to American customers.
CanadaPost is ridiculously more expensive than USPS
ninth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 02:13 PM   #223
ninth
Red Shirt

I just ordered Mark VII at SPC for 239.99
Urban Samurai has it for 229.99USD + 13.95USD shipping, I like that you can cancel before the release, but I don't like that they bill in USD.

Anyway the cost of Mark VII is ridiculous, I was excepting something like 229.99 as retail.
ninth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 04:34 PM   #224
FlightWeaponAlpha
Cobra Trooper
Send a message via Skype™ to FlightWeaponAlpha

Quote:
Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
Welcome, BoNKers! Nice toys!

Thanks for the response! That's what my dumbass gets for procrastinating, haha. Definitely let me know if someone cancels. If I could get one from you, that would be preferred, and then I would just cancel my BBTS order. Since Toys2 is charging more than BBTS, as well as shipping + taxes, I figure they'll work out somewhat the same in the end so long as I don't get hit by duty. I'm willing to take that chance, haha.

Interesting. I'm gonna call them. I think they're still connected with A3U, and A3U has a store in Burnaby. If I recall, they used to allow some 1/6th scale pickups from their store. Gonna see if I can swing that to avoid shipping charges.

Yeah, looking at reviews, it seems I need the Batpod, haha. I will be getting a Q2 bonus to cover the purchase. These will probably be my last big $$$ purchases besides one or two more valkyries, since everything is changing for me in six months. Gonna be a dad, so I am losing my toy room. But yay for the baby! haha. So I'm giving myself a nice "pre-baby" Christmas present! Which will probably then go right back into the box.
Congrats on becoming a father, sir!!
FlightWeaponAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 06:29 PM   #225
CTO15
Avengers Assemble!

Anybody looking to get the MK VII, Super Power Collectibles has it for 239.99 w/ free shipping. Much better then SS or BBTS

http://www.superpowercollectibles.co...e-by-hot-toys/
Old 07-31-2012, 07:31 PM   #226
pud333
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightWeaponAlpha View Post
Congrats on becoming a father, sir!!
Thank you!

Quote:
Anybody looking to get the MK VII, Super Power Collectibles has it for 239.99 w/ free shipping. Much better then SS or BBTS

http://www.superpowercollectibles.co...e-by-hot-toys/
Gah! When is this being released? Is it in December like Batman? And does this come with the hologram?
Old 07-31-2012, 07:48 PM   #227
CTO15
Avengers Assemble!

Quote:
Thank you!

Gah! When is this being released? Is it in December like Batman? And does this come with the hologram?
March-April, and no hologram
Old 07-31-2012, 08:52 PM   #228
pud333
Master of the Universe

Ooh, that's really compelling then... I really hated the IM movies, but I loved Avengers, so... I do want it, but as per usual, I can't decide. haha. I'm so much more decisive in every day life, but for some reason, I can't commit to toys until the very last second.

I'm gonna go do a hike right now, and think about it while I hike. Dang. It's gorgeous though. I love all the little compartments and missiles, etc.
Old 08-02-2012, 10:15 AM   #229
pud333
Master of the Universe

Well, last night I hummed and hawed again on the Mark 7, and even though I had it in my cart several times and even got as close to the paypal page, I couldn't pull the trigger. I even tried to watch Avengers clips to get me into it, but in the end, I will pass for now on Iron Man. Gah. I hope I don't regret this. If I buy this, it is bad news, since I'll probably want the Hulk too then.
Old 08-02-2012, 11:24 AM   #230
CTO15
Avengers Assemble!

Quote:
Well, last night I hummed and hawed again on the Mark 7, and even though I had it in my cart several times and even got as close to the paypal page, I couldn't pull the trigger. I even tried to watch Avengers clips to get me into it, but in the end, I will pass for now on Iron Man. Gah. I hope I don't regret this. If I buy this, it is bad news, since I'll probably want the Hulk too then.
You got Sups and Bats to keep you company

But if you do end up getting IM, I would not sitting on it, because IM usually sells out after release (like a month or 2) and then his price increases by like $50-75 in like 6 months