ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 03-23-2022, 01:43 AM   #5071
cli1ck
Articulation Junkie
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
what is TSM?
Toysnowman.com
Old 03-23-2022, 02:33 AM   #5072
MorphGrid
Cobra Trooper

Still have yet to receive the preorders from Toy Snowman, but it's understandable given how difficult it is to find any of the wave II retro Spider-Man figures.
MorphGrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 10:46 AM   #5073
Enforcer
Dark Knight

Release of the Spidey retro wave has been all over the place. Walmart got cases of the full assortment (and those disappeared overnight) but everyone else seems to have gotten solid cases, which were spread out over months. I'm currently sitting at 2/3 of the wave received from GameStop. The most sought after figure is a glaring omission up to this point.
Enforcer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 04:26 PM   #5074
Enforcer
Dark Knight

It's looking like GameStop really screwed up Pre-Orders for Retro Symbiote Spider-Man. They took too many and there is no priority based on when you pre-ordered. You could have pre-ordered a week before release and gotten one when someone who pre-ordered on day 1 didn't. If you didn't get yours yet you probably won't.
Enforcer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 08:41 PM   #5075
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

Are you sure there's no priority ?

That makes no sense at all with all my experiences. There is priority...i can't count the number of times people who ordered more than 1 of something before me have had their orders filled before my 1
sixshot1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 09:14 PM   #5076
Napseeker
Dark Knight

If Hasbro screws up by not manufacturing enough Symbiote Spidey figures that would be unforgivable. How do you screw up a figure that is one solid plastic color using one paint color (white)???

Hasbro knows how popular Spidey is and should've made a ton of him... he's got to be the easiest one out of the entire wave to manufacture.
Napseeker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 11:59 PM   #5077
ssjgoku22
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napseeker View Post
If Hasbro screws up by not manufacturing enough Symbiote Spidey figures that would be unforgivable. How do you screw up a figure that is one solid plastic color using one paint color (white)???
Cuz it's Hasbro, that's why, lol. They've been messing up a lot of their lines for quite some time now and it's only been getting worse as of recently. Don't get me wrong, the figures they're making are great, but the horrible distribution, bad qc and, as of recently, missing pieces in figures aren't helping the situation at all.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 12:30 AM   #5078
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
Cuz it's Hasbro, that's why, lol. They've been messing up a lot of their lines for quite some time now and it's only been getting worse as of recently. Don't get me wrong, the figures they're making are great, but the horrible distribution, bad qc and, as of recently, missing pieces in figures aren't helping the situation at all.
On top of all of what you said another thing to note is that Hasbro doesn't like to over saturated the market with popular characters because they can re-release it again a few years down the road. The scarcity of said popular characters also helps drive the demand up for that eventual second release. I mean we've seen this happen time and time again.

Last edited by Zeroflamez; 03-24-2022 at 12:32 AM.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 01:41 AM   #5079
Napseeker
Dark Knight

This is why I didn't jump on this recent Hobgoblin. I'm already anticipating that they'll re-release him again in a few years but this time with the unmasked face as an extra head and a hood-down accessory (basically what they now are doing with the re-release of comic book Capt America).
Napseeker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 03:32 AM   #5080
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napseeker View Post
This is why I didn't jump on this recent Hobgoblin. I'm already anticipating that they'll re-release him again in a few years but this time with the unmasked face as an extra head and a hood-down accessory (basically what they now are doing with the re-release of comic book Capt America).
Yea, I passed on Hobby cause I'm hoping for a better release with an improved head sculpt
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote