ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 08-24-2019, 09:07 PM   #1481
erik352
Cylon Centurion
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
I'm also sick of Hasbro's shit lately. I'm finding nothing in any store (Legends, Transformers, etc.), and EB is selling my preorders. Basically, there's no way of buying their products.

Luckily, I'm going to give up Legends, so that's one less hassle. I will still collect Transformers Seige and the occasional Power Ranger figure. But seriously, if this gets any worse, I'll be finished with their products altogether.
I gave up ML collecting last year...even dc multiverse. best decision I've ever made. too much product coming out way too fast. hard to get figures...these day I buy very few figures...less stressful.
erik352 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 09:12 PM   #1482
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvellegendsguy View Post
See my posts where I was having a tantrum about getting the Walmart exclusive Captain America
I love that stockttack showed my local store as having 6 for almost three weeks before they showed up on the shelves. I imagine the back room of my Walmart now like that Area 51 warehouse from Indiana Jones. Just boxes and boxes of poorly labeled stuff that will never see the light of day again.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 10:19 PM   #1483
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Quinn View Post
I love that stockttack showed my local store as having 6 for almost three weeks before they showed up on the shelves. I imagine the back room of my Walmart now like that Area 51 warehouse from Indiana Jones. Just boxes and boxes of poorly labeled stuff that will never see the light of day again.
4 weeks at my local Walmart.
Old 08-24-2019, 10:22 PM   #1484
Rj64
Agent of Shield

I feel bad if someone is forced to quit collecting because it becomes stressful. For me personally, it feels sort of like a second job. But the day it starts causing unnecessary stress is the day I throw in the towel.
I miss the good old days as a kid and seeing at toys r us what felt like 100 of each character and full shelves. Now the stock is so minimal and most of that is snatched up by ebay/kijii sellers.
Rj64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 01:26 AM   #1485
Superksian
Cobra Trooper

I started collecting 3 years ago and not until recently I tried to stay focus by having a list of key and important figures. It somewhat helped but when I go on YouTube and watch news I get tempted. I have driven across some distance to obtain certain ML. All of that is to say, I have about 11 figures/ sets left on the list and I think I'll retire. I will probably only get very few and inbetween that I plan to use as custom or what not. There is no end to this and unless you put an end to it.
Superksian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 08:40 AM   #1486
FireWolf
Super Friend

I just started collecting 3 weeks ago. I started on a whim because I had three loose Captain America Winter Soldier figures, and saw the Thanos/Strange/Iron Man 3 pack and thought that would be really cool to have. Now in the last 3 weeks I have bought at least 5 figures a week and grabbed some older figures online.

I decided right away to limit myself to the MCU figures, and I only want one variant of the character unless it can't be avoided, ie Iron Man is in the 3 pack with Pepper and "Mandarin" so now I have two of him.

I have not even decided to look into completing the BAF. I'm not interested in most of them.

It makes me sad to read that some people found it stressful for negative reasons. I'm so new into getting these figures that I'm on such a high finding them and adding to my collection! The most stress I have right now is where to put them all.

And the biggest frustration is the scalpers, every toy line has that. Some more than others.
FireWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 08:54 AM   #1487
Rj64
Agent of Shield

Cap 80th online:
https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/marvel-.../6000199747797
Old 08-25-2019, 09:23 AM   #1488
random11
Convention Exclusive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rj64 View Post
Thanks
random11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 12:48 PM   #1489
ssjgoku22
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rj64 View Post
And it's gone. They probably had like 3 in stock...
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 01:26 PM   #1490
Rj64
Agent of Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
And it's gone. They probably had like 3 in stock...
Just keep checking. Last night it was out of stock this morning it was available .