ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 03-15-2009, 01:49 PM   #31
pud333
Master of the Universe
Re: Marvel 3.75" thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
I wouldn't worry too much though guys. Remember this is going to be a big summer movie, and as such the product is going to be flooding the shelves soon enough.
This is true enough. Eventually we'll all probably be sick of seeing these clogging shelves and inevitably complain that there's nothing new. heh. Ah, the life of a collector!
pud333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 02:31 PM   #32
JTCh
Toku

I am excited for certain characters in this line such as the Ironmans, Captain America, the Hulk. Mainly because I never got those sculpts in 6".
JTCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 04:19 PM   #33
4lott
Master of the Universe

I'm with you on the IMs JTCH. To be able to pick up a classic IM fig off the pegs without searching will be amazing.
4lott is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 01:56 PM   #34
Haggis
Kilted Crusader

I personally Love the line, And I must have each figure. Thou I only have Spider-man right now. But i though of ordering a case when i can find room in teh budget
Haggis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 12:56 PM   #35
pud333
Master of the Universe

So it looks like the fan's choice top 5 were announced.

#1 – Archangel
#2 – Winter Soldier
#3 – Havok
#4 – Mystique
#5 – Mary Jane Watson

From the hasbro website:

The response to the “Pick 5” was outstanding and we want to thank the entire Marvel Universe for casting their votes. In fact, we’re so excited about the results, we’re going sweeten the pot and do the Top 7 in 2010! 7 for the 70th just has a nicer ring to it! Can you guess the other two? We’ll be revealing them shortly…in San Diego!

Personally, I am happy with three of the five. I think Archangel is gonna be killer, and Havok was always one of my faves. I'm also really glad MJ was chosen, since I'd like to see non-superhero characters get thrown into the line as well, like significant others, etc. Going forward, I would love to see an unmasked Spidey, maybe even Peter Parker. (Actually, considering the lack of accessories for these figures, I would have liked to see replaceable heads, like their secret identities.)

I was hoping Psylocke would be included, but seeing as how she's a pretty popular X-men member, I'm sure she's destined to come out anyway.

I am really curious to see who the top 7 would be. Also, I have no idea who this Winter Soldier dude is.

Last edited by pud333; 03-18-2009 at 12:59 PM.
Old 03-18-2009, 02:25 PM   #36
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Sorry Pud, but I disagree.

I think that only 2 of the choices were even remotely worth doing the poll for. The 3 "X" characters are already 99% given to have been made within the next 2 years. Especially with the popularity of the X universe in Marvel. The chance that Havok, Mystique & Archangel wouldn't be made were slim to none. Especially since 2 out of the 3 were made in the ML line.

I do like MJ and Winter Soldier, since neither is really a priority for a figure, in my book anyway, and this is what the poll should really focus on. Characters who don't get the toy love that you would find in a regular line.

As for Winter Soldier, he is Bucky Barnes, AKA Bucky, Cap's sidekick. AKA the new Captain AMERICA. He was brainwashed by the Russians to be an assassin during the time after he was presumed killed until being revealed a few years back.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 02:56 PM   #37
pud333
Master of the Universe

I see your point. For some reason it went over my head that Archangel and Havok were basically in the X-universe anyway, so they were a given. Actually, so was Mistique.

At any rate, thanks for the info on the soldier dude. I read up about him on wikipedia. I am so not up on my Cap. America lore.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:33 PM   #38
4lott
Master of the Universe

I too see your point canprime and I also agree. The difference between a Star Wars fan's choice poll is that so many figs had been made in the line that a more obscure character was a greater likelyhood. The MU fan poll seems more like a "we're gonna make these guys anyway, what order do you want them released in?" The only surprise is Mary Jane. I see her as more of a mail away fig then someone we'd see at TRU.
4lott is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 12:29 AM   #39
Cyber-Kun
Super Friend
Send a message via MSN to Cyber-Kun Send a message via Skype™ to Cyber-Kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4lott View Post
I too see your point canprime and I also agree. The difference between a Star Wars fan's choice poll is that so many figs had been made in the line that a more obscure character was a greater likelyhood. The MU fan poll seems more like a "we're gonna make these guys anyway, what order do you want them released in?" The only surprise is Mary Jane. I see her as more of a mail away fig then someone we'd see at TRU.
Indeed, I can see MJ being a major shelfwarmer.
Cyber-Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 12:46 PM   #40
pud333
Master of the Universe

I was just going through my 3.75" collection yesterday, and I noticed just how well made the 25th anniversary GI Joe figures were (at least the ones that came out early on). I then compared them to the Marvel ones and lamented that they didn't seem to be as solid as the joes. I dunno, maybe I'm out of my mind or something, but it seems that the added articulation (eg: swivel biceps, swivel lower leg, etc) seems to actually be detracting from the figures. Could it be that over-articulation hurts the MUFF figures? Perhaps figures at this scale could use a little less articulation and detail? I'm curious what others think.

Tags
marvel universe