ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 04-12-2013, 11:49 PM   #1
Metroplex79
Little Guy with Firepower
Thumbs down Iron Man 3 figures

Not sure if this is a rant or review...or belong in the Marvel Universe thread, though it might taint that thread.

Even though it says Hasbro on the package, I have a feeling it was Mattel that made this line.

What's the difference between these 2 figures?

(RotJ Han Solo w/trench coat & Shatterblaster IM)

Other than being produced 29 years apart? Absolutely NOTHING!!!

I'm amazed how it has the same articulation as a standard Mattel toy. Head turn, shoulder lift, and leg lift.

How do you go from this to that?

(Arctic Armor IM & Shatterblaster IM)

I would have been happy if they just repainted the figures from the Iron Man 2 line, eliminate the "tech" card, made the stand smaller, and reduced the size of the backing card.

But all you get is the action-less figure and repulsor blast. It's great that the backing card and the bubble and tray are smaller, thus using less plastic.

The reason I bought this, is because it's on sale (less than $6 after tax), and it came with a repulsor blast.

***awaits all the people talking about rising plastic costs***

I've traded with and/or sold stuff to these people, and these people was so kind to say so:
Cybertron.ca feedback thread

...buyers stop by here:
Cybertron.ca BST thread
(last update: Aug 19/13 @ 11:00am EST, removed SOLD items)
Metroplex79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:50 AM   #2
protoform_ironhide
Cobra Trooper
Re: Iron Man 3 figures

I wouldn't want to spend money on any of these Iron Man 3 figures at all even if they are on clearance for 2 dollars, so as the new Spiderman figures. These two lines are totally garbage! Those Iron Man 2 figures are awesome however. I owned all the ones from the Comic Series
protoform_ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 02:42 AM   #3
Toy Gremlin
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by protoform_ironhide View Post
I wouldn't want to spend money on any of these Iron Man 3 figures at all even if they are on clearance for 2 dollars, so as the new Spiderman figures. These two lines are totally garbage! Those Iron Man 2 figures are awesome however. I owned all the ones from the Comic Series
I agree! The 3.75" IM3 figures are horrible. I still prefer the IM2 figures over them.

Last edited by Toy Gremlin; 04-13-2013 at 02:46 AM.
Toy Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 02:45 AM   #4
FormBX257
Green Shirt

Just FYI: vintage Star Wars figures were made by Kenner (later bought out by Hasbro in the '90's) not Mattel.

From what I've read, the limited articulation is only on movie-line figures aimed at kids who supposedly don't care about quality.
However, I don't think Iron Man 3 is a kid-friendly movie... so Hasbro's official reason is BS.
Limiting the articulation cuts down on labor (not plastic costs) and increases the speed at which they can be delivered to the retailler. Again, that only makes sense for a here-today-gone-tomorrow kids movie.
FormBX257 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 10:21 AM   #5
FETT1
Agent of Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metroplex79 View Post
Not sure if this is a rant or review...or belong in the Marvel Universe thread, though it might taint that thread.

Even though it says Hasbro on the package, I have a feeling it was Mattel that made this line.

What's the difference between these 2 figures?

(RotJ Han Solo w/trench coat & Shatterblaster IM)

Other than being produced 29 years apart? Absolutely NOTHING!!!

I'm amazed how it has the same articulation as a standard Mattel toy. Head turn, shoulder lift, and leg lift.

How do you go from this to that?

(Arctic Armor IM & Shatterblaster IM)

I would have been happy if they just repainted the figures from the Iron Man 2 line, eliminate the "tech" card, made the stand smaller, and reduced the size of the backing card.

But all you get is the action-less figure and repulsor blast. It's great that the backing card and the bubble and tray are smaller, thus using less plastic.

The reason I bought this, is because it's on sale (less than $6 after tax), and it came with a repulsor blast.

***awaits all the people talking about rising plastic costs***
..have to agree these are crappy...plus the price point...yikes...WALFART is trying to pass these off @ 10.77 each...wth??
These will be in the bargain bin and will probably stay there til they are shipped to a discounter...NO MOTHERS / DADS are interested in paying that kind of retail moola for their kids...especially one that little johnny / susie will probably never see in a THEATRE!
Ahhh whatever!
FETT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 11:35 AM   #6
Metroplex79
Little Guy with Firepower

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormBX257 View Post
Just FYI: vintage Star Wars figures were made by Kenner (later bought out by Hasbro in the '90's) not Mattel....
Yeah I know all that.

I guess I should have put a Mattel figure like from Justice League or the Green Lantern movie for another picture. I just grabbed the closest 30 year old toy. My bad.

Plus we can't really bash a company that doesn't exist, nor a toy made over 25 years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by protoform_ironhide View Post
I wouldn't want to spend money on any of these Iron Man 3 figures at all even if they are on clearance for 2 dollars...
Well $2 for one of these ain't so bad. Technically weren't the original Star Wars figures being sold for that much in the early 80s? (sticker price, not including inflation equivalent)

I got most of the Iron Man 2 figures I wanted.

I would like to note, the Inter-changables line for Iron Man 3 is interesting. But none of the designs interest me, so I'll be passing on those. But I can see why it might interest kids.

I've traded with and/or sold stuff to these people, and these people was so kind to say so:
Cybertron.ca feedback thread

...buyers stop by here:
Cybertron.ca BST thread
(last update: Aug 19/13 @ 11:00am EST, removed SOLD items)
Metroplex79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:55 PM   #7
protoform_ironhide
Cobra Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metroplex79 View Post
Well $2 for one of these ain't so bad. Technically weren't the original Star Wars figures being sold for that much in the early 80s? (sticker price, not including inflation equivalent)
The main reason I won't buy them even if they are on sale for 2 dollars, because I don't have room for crap figures like these. It isn't about the money, haha

I rather save all those room for the upcoming release from the Marvel Universe line
protoform_ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 10:17 PM   #8
joshimus
Convention Exclusive

It is no different than TDKR figs. I don't understand why Mattel and Hasbro felt THIS is what sells. I get it, things have to be made cheaper do to costs, but when a Transformers human alliance figure, much smaller than these, has more articulation, something is wrong. Even the ASM toys, aside from ONE 20pt articulated Spidey...well why was there only ONE? Mega Bloks Halo have more articulation. Hell, if that new Batman with Batmobile had real articulation, I would have considered it to go along with my Marvel U stuff.
IM3 figs, like ASM and anything other than Movie Masters TDKR, no thanks.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 02:30 AM   #9
yulback
Red Shirt

I guess I should have put a Mattel figure like from Justice League or the Green Lantern movie for another picture. I just grabbed the closest 30 year old toy.
yulback is offline   Reply With Quote