ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 04-19-2022, 02:06 PM   #5171
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
Because they're greedy. This isn't about being affected by the economy anymore, they just want more money. They've already chased the majority of parents away from buying toys for their kids, it's only a matter of time where collectors back out and Hasbro's disappears.

We really need to start speaking with our wallets since Hasbro will not stay afloat without collectors.
Yea, clearly. The article talking about Hasbro losing money with Russia just makes it even more evident. Hasbro won't ever disappear but ever since they expanded beyond Transformers and Star Wars over the past decade, they've gotten so greedy and full of themselves that I would love to see them get knocked down a peg or 2. I mean just look at the way they've been treating their Power Rangers fan-base lately.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 02:14 PM   #5172
Napseeker
Dark Knight

It's the greed of the CEO and the executive board for sure. They are compensated with stock options, so the higher the price of Hasbro's stock, the more money they make in an exponential way compared to just owning the stock itself.

The motivation to make sure that Hasbro maintains its profits or grows them despite the pandemic and any supply chain issues, is huge for them. The only way to do that, is to keep raising the prices and making the collectors (because at this point, you know that parents are turning to cheaper toy brands, including dollar store stuff) pay for that revenue growth.

I was just at my TRU, saw the new $60 Dr Strange "deluxe" figure. The flaming portal is cool but it's not $30 cool. That translucent plastic probably only cost them $1 to make.
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 03:35 PM   #5173
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixshot1981 View Post
Heh Hasbro has just announced another price increase for this year.

https://torontosun.com/business/mone...00m-russia-hit
Oh for fu?

Being a Hasbro customer is the most toxic relationship I have ever been in. The naked greed in their endless price hikes had already turned me from a full wave completionist into a pick and choose collector. The reliance on store exclusives has become a burden, and in cases like the GI Joe franchise having half the line be exclusives and nearly impossible to find kills so much of the joy. Throw into the mix the never balanced quality control with their new windowless boxes and now every purchase is a $35 mystery box. And now this. This is basically the point where I need to break up with Hasbro. No other toy company is doing this. Mattel, McFarlane, and Lego have only increased their prices as necessary by inflation or economic demand these last few years. Hasbro meanwhile has turned to profit from COVID. And the cost of shipping. And now they want to be war profiteers as well. I just can not. I was going to preorder a few of the reveals today, but no. I will pick up any preorders I have already placed, but then I think Hasbro and I are done.

Its not me, Hasbro. Its you. Please stop drunk texting me in the middle of the night with pics of toys you are planning to release sixteen months from now. Its over.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 04:00 PM   #5174
lifedragon99
Decepticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by philtastic View Post
So glad I bought Katy on Ebay three weeks before it hit shelves at TRU.
She was at TRU for months before and after the movie came out, and has been showing up at winners/marshals for deep discount.
lifedragon99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 07:06 PM   #5175
Ksteel
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
Those closed packaged Marvel Legends are going to be an absolute nightmare for qc problems, yikes...
A great way for Hasbro to keep defective products from shelfwarming.
Ksteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 07:55 PM   #5176
Webs
Man of Spiders

Can't wait for this set to languish on shelves in every store while simultaneously never seeing that exclusive lizard anywhere but ebay. Very cool hasbro!
Webs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 07:58 PM   #5177
philtastic
Master of the Universe

The neutral Tom Holland head looks perfect. The smiling one looks nothing like him.
philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 08:01 PM   #5178
4lott
Master of the Universe

Not happy about the windowless packages. If the paint apps were consistently good it wouldn’t be a problem but with Hasbro it’s always hit or miss.
4lott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 08:30 PM   #5179
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webs View Post
Can't wait for this set to languish on shelves in every store while simultaneously never seeing that exclusive lizard anywhere but ebay. Very cool hasbro!
This set is gonna be like the Happy Hogan 2-pack. Sits on shelves forever til clearances lol. The 2-pack looks good but it will only really be for completonists. Especially since it will probably cost $80 or more
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 08:41 PM   #5180
MorphGrid
Cobra Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4lott View Post
Not happy about the windowless packages. If the paint apps were consistently good it wouldn?t be a problem but with Hasbro it?s always hit or miss.
Can't wait to see swappers have a field day with this.
MorphGrid is offline   Reply With Quote