ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Canadian Action Figure News

Old 09-16-2010, 11:40 AM   #11
pattycakeman
Cylon Centurion
Re: Ask Matty September 2010 Mattel Q&A Answers for ActionFigureNews.ca

Im pretty sure they do have a Canadian wing, but I've come to the conclusion that Mattel is paranoid of losing money on the small collector lines like DCUC and MOTUC that they are over cautious with retail.

A line like starwars even though one wave might have a low production run its probably still more than a regular run of the DC and MOTU. And i mean everything starwars sells out. Its two whole different ball games.

If hasbro did collectors lines it might be the same thing happening, but who knows
pattycakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 01:06 PM   #12
Eko123
Body without Organs

Sorry, but looking at the answers Mattel gave (which is almost the same response for each question), this is the most useless Q&A I've ever read.

As other people have mentioned, at least Hasbro can at least provide some details to give us an idea of what's coming out.

Last edited by Eko123; 08-12-2017 at 01:23 PM.
Eko123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 02:35 PM   #13
cloud
Master of the Universe

When it comes to distribution Mattel's an ass. I've giving up on DCUC because I had such a hard time collecting them.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 04:17 PM   #14
Robimus
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattycakeman View Post
Im pretty sure they do have a Canadian wing, but I've come to the conclusion that Mattel is paranoid of losing money on the small collector lines like DCUC and MOTUC that they are over cautious with retail.

A line like starwars even though one wave might have a low production run its probably still more than a regular run of the DC and MOTU. And i mean everything starwars sells out. Its two whole different ball games.

If hasbro did collectors lines it might be the same thing happening, but who knows
I'm confused by the term "Collector Lines" a little. I understand that the MOTU stuff doesn't even hit retail normally so that I get but DCUC doesn't seem that exclusive to me be they the 6inch line or the 4inch line.

I understand that they may be produced in less numbers than Star Wars but it seems odd that it would be that much less.

Distribution can be spotty in any toy line due to Canadian Packaging laws. Star Wars suffers from this as well. A DC line hitting Canadian retail is definitly coming in with a lot more than 100 cases available, otherwise one would never be seen on a store shelf anywhere.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mattel q&a