ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 03-10-2023, 05:49 PM   #6711
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Scareglow View Post
Ha not really the place for this rant but whatever, in wake of all the pre-orders being released from Hasbro in one/two days, my credit card got cancelled due to them flagging some fraud issues with all of the authorizations and charging going through, so with that, my card was cancelled and now I lost all of my previous pre-orders.

thanks Hasblow, thanks.
That's why preordering sucks when it comes to Hasbro. Just preorder stuff you know will be hard to find and just buy the rest when they release.
Zeroflamez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2023, 07:11 PM   #6712
Hoffman
Agent of Shield

That sounds like a weird thing to happen with a credit card out of the blue.

They'll usually put a hold on your card and contact you, not just up and close your account.
Hoffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2023, 08:33 PM   #6713
Wheelwave
Master of the Universe

Don't know if anyone trusts Stocktrack anymore. I read they have available for Retro Lizard at Metrotown Walmart. I've been to metrotown Walmart many time and never notice it.

Star Wars Black Series Return of the Jedi 40th anniversary Darth Vader
Wheelwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2023, 12:42 PM   #6714
Lord Scareglow
Whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoffman View Post
That sounds like a weird thing to happen with a credit card out of the blue.

They'll usually put a hold on your card and contact you, not just up and close your account.
yeah no intially they put my card on hold, because too many charges were going through at once, so I contacted them and they lifted the hold, but then a day later they called me again to say they were cancelling the card because they had detected apparent "fraudulent activity" and that information was compromised

Lord Scareglow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2023, 02:50 PM   #6715
Enforcer
Dark Knight

Not sure what gongshow bank you use, but if you validate the purchases then they do not cancel the card.

If they determine other transactions are invalid that you can't explain them, it gets cut off.

Which... isn't Hasbro's fault.
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2023, 02:58 PM   #6716
Lord Scareglow
Whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
Not sure what gongshow bank you use, but if you validate the purchases then they do not cancel the card.

If they determine other transactions are invalid that you can't explain them, it gets cut off.

Which... isn't Hasbro's fault.
Yeah like I said above, something happened to the point that the CC company deemed suspicious and fraudulent, and info was compromised.

and no it's not Hasbro's fault, but Hasbro should get their distribution in better shape so we don't have to have an avalanche of pre-orders all come in at one time.
Old 03-11-2023, 03:02 PM   #6717
philtastic
Master of the Universe

I feel like we can't let GameStop off the hook here, either. It's one thing for Hasbro (or the distributor, or whoever) to ship a whole bunch of stuff to the retailer all at once, but it's quite another for the retailer to just dump it all on customers all at the same time. Sure it's easier for them to move stuff.out of their warehouse as quickly as possible, but why does that have to be our problem? I'll be giving them a piece of my mind as soon as I get home from my trip. I can't wait to see how many boxes have piled up in my building's mail room…
philtastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2023, 03:15 PM   #6718
Lord Scareglow
Whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by philtastic View Post
I feel like we can't let GameStop off the hook here, either. It's one thing for Hasbro (or the distributor, or whoever) to ship a whole bunch of stuff to the retailer all at once, but it's quite another for the retailer to just dump it all on customers all at the same time. Sure it's easier for them to move stuff.out of their warehouse as quickly as possible, but why does that have to be our problem? I'll be giving them a piece of my mind as soon as I get home from my trip. I can't wait to see how many boxes have piled up in my building's mail room?
yeah in truth, not sure whos the most to blame, Hasbro themselves, Gamestop or the distributor, likely a combination, dumping as much product out at once likely caused hassles for more then a few people, for me it cause enough, spending hours trying to authorize payments with GS and my CC company, then the packages being whisked away to a random location for pick up, then having my CC cancelled.

I'm sure it's not likely possible, but GS would benefit from some sort of Pile of Loot option, which the customer could control what is shipped and when, but things on a scale like a major retailer such as GS, that doesn't work, space is money, they wouldn't want the problem of holding items for people for an allotted amount of time. I think it's really mostly falling on poor distribution, these items should have been released staggered, as most of these items had been released elsewhere staggered they way they were intended, that means that somewhere down the line the distrubition sent so many to 1 place, and not the other, it should be evenly distributed so that retailers can have product at similar times.
Old 03-11-2023, 06:13 PM   #6719
Napseeker
Dark Knight

GS would never do a loot locker. As it is, if you don't pick up your item in 5 days, they put it out on the shelf to sell. They're not going to sit on an item and pray you come for it eventually.

Quite frankly, I don't blame them. I used to chat with my local GS store manager and customers do some very selfish crap that screw over the store e.g. they would pre-order the same item at multiple stores out of fear that one store won't be able to get in the figure they want. Once they get that item from one location, they never bother to pick up or even cancel their preorders at the other stores, leaving those stores stuck with the items.

Cashflow is key to a business' survival. Loot lockers are a very nice customer perk but are usually going to only be offered by the online retailers to let people stock up to get to the free shipping threshold. But in that case, you still pay for the item in advance anyway. If they let customers wait as long as they want (or say 6 months) that biz would put themselves at high risk of going under if they are paying for the product upfront themselves but can't charge you until you're ready. No way they'd do that.

I solely blame Hasbro. My friend pointed out that the end of Q1 is coming up, so they are likely rushing as much out as they can at once to be more cost-efficient on shipping items to their retailers and to make their Q1 earnings look as good as possible to shareholders.
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2023, 10:19 PM   #6720
SeanInferno27
Super Friend

Just saw a charge for the Puff Adder Avengers wave from Gamestop. The Orb is only figure not charged yet still has a release for 06-11.

This is definitely Hasbro pushing product out to amp up Quarterly Profits. Cant blame them but its sucks for those trying to find the funds.

I have noticed this a lot recently with their releases. Also once I start seeing some of the big toy reviewers getting their hands on figures it's not that far behind when I start to get the shipping notifications.
SeanInferno27 is offline   Reply With Quote