ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 12-17-2021, 06:43 PM   #4721
Ksteel
Mutant
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

You braved the theatre. Good for you.

There are two specific unmasked Spider-Man figures from NWH (potentially) that would make me want to buy MCU MLs again. So far I haven't gotten anything from Phase 4, but damn..
Ksteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2021, 10:57 PM   #4722
MorphGrid
Cobra Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Cosmos View Post
Is the No Way Home wave on shelves anywhere? I never saw it.
It flies off instantly. I only ever saw the Black-Gold Spidey, and Integrated Suit, and grabbed them both immediately. I've yet to find a single Upgraded Suit Spidey at Wal-Mart.
MorphGrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2021, 01:30 AM   #4723
Ksteel
Mutant

Rumor is they've teased a Peter/Ned two-pack.

And other secret NWH two-packs to be revealed.
Ksteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2021, 11:26 AM   #4724
CobraCommander
Jedi Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksteel View Post
Rumor is they've teased a Peter/Ned two-pack.

And other secret NWH two-packs to be revealed.
Hopefully we get a Uncle Ben vs. Dennis Carradine 2 pack

B/S/T Threads:
ActionFigureNews
Hisstank
Cybertron.ca

Feedback Threads:
ActionFigureNews
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2021, 08:13 PM   #4725
MC Culla
Cobra Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
Yep, I agree. $40 isn't that far off.

I can't wait to see the reactions online in the US when they finally hit $30 a figure.
It was posted on another thread already but TRU in store today had multiple waves of Marvel Legends priced at $36.99, one of them being the No Way Home wave. The also had many GI Classified Cobra Island Classified Exclusives priced at $36.99 as well when they had been $33.99 just days ago.

Bonkers! I am trying to decide if my limit has been reached.
MC Culla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2021, 09:39 PM   #4726
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Culla View Post
It was posted on another thread already but TRU in store today had multiple waves of Marvel Legends priced at $36.99, one of them being the No Way Home wave. The also had many GI Classified Cobra Island Classified Exclusives priced at $36.99 as well when they had been $33.99 just days ago.

Bonkers! I am trying to decide if my limit has been reached.

Yeah I think my limit has been reached at that price. Especially for general release items. I probably will cave on specific items/characters I really want, but everything else is an even easier pass now.

It is crazy to think at $37 a 20% sale only brings them down to $29.60 (so basically $30). That is just getting too rich for my blood. But again, I'll probably cave on specific wants. Definitely won't be building any BAFs going forward.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2021, 09:44 PM   #4727
philtastic
Master of the Universe

Aside from the 90-day return policy for R Club members, I see no reason to buy at Toys R Us.

Their prices have been above MSRP for a while now, it's basically impossible to pre-order anything, and they don't even price match anymore.

Unless they're having a particularly good sale (low enough to beat the Edge discount at GameStop), or it's an exclusive, I'm done with TRU, and have been for a while.

There are many better options.
philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2021, 11:22 PM   #4728
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

Considering how much Gamestop is bleeding I'd be careful about them too.

It's a tough pill to swallow but at this point if you can see the writing on the wall we might only have Walmart as an option pretty soon.

We should do our best to support TRU because it's a Canadian owned business. If we lose Gamestop and TRU the complaining on here will reach maximum levels. It'll be too late by then.

It's a tough place to be in.
sixshot1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2021, 11:30 PM   #4729
philtastic
Master of the Universe

GameStop is doing well, financially.

https://news.gamestop.com/news-relea...esults-q3-2021

And since TRU was acquired recently by a company specializing in retail, rather than a private equity firm that would chop it up and sell off the parts, I don't see much risk of them collapsing. Besides, they sell a lot more than just 6 inch action figures.
philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 02:02 AM   #4730
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by philtastic View Post
GameStop is doing well, financially.

https://news.gamestop.com/news-relea...esults-q3-2021

And since TRU was acquired recently by a company specializing in retail, rather than a private equity firm that would chop it up and sell off the parts, I don't see much risk of them collapsing. Besides, they sell a lot more than just 6 inch action figures.
Hmmm I'm not sure how a net loss of 105.4 million dollars vs. 18.8 million a year ago is a good thing ?

While sales are growing i'm not sure if you missed it but that report shows it's net losses are growing. I still maintain it is a bleeding company. It's borrowing alot of money right now too and at not so friendly interest rates.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/12/08/game...-earnings.html

While I also agree I don't see TRU shutting down anytime soon, the fact they are raising prices above MSRP besides 6in action figures (it's not just those) shows something is going on. We haven't heard much from the company since the acquisition nor their direction which I may have missed but seems weird.

I don't have a good feeling about them at this time and silence usually means something painful for the company might be coming.

The sale on paper looked good and I'm glad they were saved when the parent company folded...point is they need to survive and we should do our best to support Canadian and provide competition for the market. Cause we don't want Walmart being the sole spot...
sixshot1981 is offline   Reply With Quote