ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 08-06-2017, 05:54 PM   #481
Hoffman
Agent of Shield
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Cosmos View Post
Both of them have let me down on numerous occasions. Northmen most recently.

Their operations are nothing compared to BBTS who pretty much never oversell product or anything like that. It's really tough to hang in there for the smaller retailers and then be left empty handed as all the other opportunities fly by and sell out. I just can't be that generous anymore.
I'm still waiting for a specific explanation of what we did to disappoint you, since last time you brought it up you just had a made up story.

We've bent over backwards to resolve any issues that have been brought to our attention, which have honestly not been many, and all were dealt with by myself.

It's really hard to resolve an issue if we don't know about it. Obviously it's in your right to stop buying from a company if you're disappointed, but I think it's unfair to claim poor service if a company isn't given a chance to provide service.

Last edited by Hoffman; 08-06-2017 at 06:01 PM.
Hoffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 12:52 AM   #482
ApathyML
Super Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderboy View Post
My local Walmart finally put the dozens of Hulkbuster wave leftovers on clearance....$7.50 if anyone still needs a Valkyrie or Hawkeye....they have two empty pegs in their new section, one marked Thor legends, the other marked Netflix....now to beat the scalpels there for my Hela and Odinson....sigh
The Walmarts here in Manitoba never put their figures on sale. Allfather wave figures are taking up space.

While I like the Valkyrie character that figure is terrible. Those awful hips, strange proportions, and ugly face. Hasbro has made some excellent figures in recent years, but just as many terrible ones.

Im on the same page with you on Hela, she looks great!
ApathyML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 01:44 AM   #483
VIT
Arashikage Weapons Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApathyML View Post
Personally I cant understand the decision to order from a US retailer. There are many Canadian online retailers that you can order from. Here are a few I use;
https://northmencollectibles.ca Free shipping on orders over $99
https://www.canucktibles.ca $14.99 flat rate shipping, up to 10lbs
Because buying from Canadian retailers makes you a sucker
Old 08-07-2017, 01:48 AM   #484
VIT
Arashikage Weapons Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Jetfire View Post
Hasbro, TRU and Wal-Mart need to get their shit together.

Almost 2 weeks into a huge Spider-Man movie, that people are actually going to see and still nothing on the shelves in Canada for legends.

Hell I can still get an Electro from the LAST Spider-Man movie.
Toys r us is a joke, they are practically scalpers
Old 08-07-2017, 03:02 AM   #485
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIT View Post
Because buying from Canadian retailers makes you a sucker
I disagree 100%

I really appreciate e-tailors like Canucktables for giving us a viable option for some of these hard to find figures.

Speaking of which.. cough cough Mezco One:12 Batman Beyond?
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 03:05 AM   #486
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIT View Post
Toys r us is a joke, they are practically scalpers
This I do agree with and it had become way worse in the last few years. I'm not sure if it is Hasbro, or TRU, but I'm honestly almost priced out as I just cannot justify the price anymore.
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 09:05 AM   #487
Darth Cosmos
Master of the Universe

At this point the dollar is slowly going up in value and Canadian retailers will take their time getting prices back on track.

So I'm paying less with exchange rate, no tax, free shipping and overall cheaper base prices for almost anything. For example, a ML is $30 CAN but $20 USD, the exchange rate isn't right and it won't change anytime soon. The exchange from $20 USD to CAN is $25 CAN. We're all getting ripped off buying most figures that are in that price range like ML, BS, DC etc.

Currently, buying Canadian right now is only to be ripped off. If you don't have access to a border store that's obviously a different topic, but being so close for me it's a no brainer. Plus gas is cheaper, so when I'm there I usually fill up and the money I save from cheaper gas makes up for the 45 minute drive. Plus the border store takes Canadian cash and the exchange is updated daily so I never need to go to a bank to do an exchange in advance or anything like that.

I get everything early too, Canada takes forever to get stuff. By the time most items arrive in Canada I will have already had it for weeks and this is after usually waiting a few days for my haul to build up and then go get everything. Sometimes Canada is on time but 80% of the time it's a wait.

It's not any retailers fault, this is how these situations work, they buy stock when the dollar is down and so when the dollar improves there's a net loss on that previously purchased stock and they can't just reduce the price and take an even bigger hit. This is true for any retailer of any size, it's just easier for larger companies to eat the cost sometimes and there are times the manufacturer/supplier will finally cut the price.

In the end, now that I have kids and less time I don't have the patience and charity to care to stick with these small companies or bother with poorly stocked big box retail stores. I want to save money and I save a lot. Even when the dollar was at its worst recently, it was still cheaper for me to go this route.

So there's a wonderful review why people buy from the USA and ship to border stores and such. Saving a lot of money.

Last edited by Darth Cosmos; 08-07-2017 at 09:18 AM.
Darth Cosmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 10:08 AM   #488
Hoffman
Agent of Shield

Those are all very legitimate reasons for your purchasing habits, but I don't think buying in Canada and supporting the local economy means you're a 'sucker' or you're getting 'ripped off'.

It may work out cheaper for you driving down, but a good chunk of that extra $5 comes from shipping products to and within Canada. Part of the reason costs are higher in Canada is because of the infrastructure of a small population in a huge country. Also, economies of scale. US companies can operate on smaller margins due to much higher volume. Domestically we have a potential customer base 1/10th the size of the US, and it's almost impossible to tap the international market due to shipping costs.

For most individuals, buying from the US and shipping to Canada does end up costing more. I did it for almost 20 years at all sorts of exchange rates, and I hear it almost every time I meet a new customer.

It's great if some of you have found a way to purchase that works for you. But that doesn't make everybody else a fool.
Hoffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 09:20 PM   #489
gcuemjj23
Super Friend

Marvel Knights and Ragnarok waves on Walmart.ca.
gcuemjj23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 06:59 PM   #490
chaingunsofdoom
Master of the Universe

The Spidey and Animated Vulture set is available on walmart.ca for $60.
chaingunsofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote