ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 09-21-2023, 01:20 PM   #41
DrPowPhD
Red Shirt
Re: Indiana Jones: Adventure Series Discussion

Has anyone received Donovan or Professor Indy? I preordered from ToySnowman and haven't got them yet.
DrPowPhD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2023, 02:01 PM   #42
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
Kids were not the target of the line in any way, shape or form. But yes I assume Nazi imagery would have been replaced by German logos in general.

I think you are discounting the potential army building that could have been leaned upon with military style figures. Not that it would have saved the line - but I feel like Ollie's has a ton of stock incoming soon

See, I don't get why he would be off the table. Is he scarier, more groteque than the many zombie figures Hasbro has done?

Again, not that it would save the line or anything. But I think Mola would have be a far more interesting figure than most of what they produced.

UH......NOPE!!!!!

Hasbro is a toy company, toys are for kids, therefore all toys are geared towards kids. Simple-Dimple, but nice try.......

Frankly I just wish Hasbro, Mattel, etc would just once admit that the action figure market is basically an adult market now and stop with the "kids" nonsense. Of course they can't, but I do wish they would.

In regards to Indy, I'll just go back to the last time they did toys in the 3.75" scale. They had a nice robust line of figures and vehicies (animals even). Yet that still was a time when a lot of it went to clearance after sitting for awhile. So I don't know that this higher price point 6" focused line was going to fair any better. Again, unless the movie was the biggest blockbuster of the year.

I agree with the army building aspect, but I also go back again to my point that the sacrifices made for political correctness would have meant figures that needed some customizing to be screen accurate, and since it would be exclusively adults buying it might have been another headache not worth doing.

I mean look at Hooded Cobra Commander. For some reason he is off limits now because of the hood and those images(apparently, no one has confirmed this officially). So I would hazard a guess that the decision for this is made at least one step higher than the different brand team managers since it seems to be an across the board type of situation (ML and Mephisto et al comes to mind as well).
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2023, 04:28 PM   #43
Mudflap
Clonetrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
Frankly I just wish Hasbro, Mattel, etc would just once admit that the action figure market is basically an adult market now and stop with the "kids" nonsense. Of course they can't, but I do wish they would.
I assume part of this is that in many stores the toy section is considered the "kids section." Maybe they're afraid of losing retail space if their figures are considered adult collectibles like Neca.
Mudflap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2023, 05:29 PM   #44
Robimus
Super Moderator

I still want to do what nighthawk did, getting a Short Round with Indy's hat, and the professor Indy and make a proper Indiana Jones with a removable hat.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2023, 06:01 PM   #45
nighthawk
Jedi Knight

I'm hoping Short Round goes on sale on Amazon Prime day. Don't really want to pay $36 to get a hat cause I don't really care about the figure.
nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2023, 08:59 PM   #46
Robimus
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk View Post
I'm hoping Short Round goes on sale on Amazon Prime day. Don't really want to pay $36 to get a hat cause I don't really care about the figure.
They have a discount day coming up, Big Deal day or something. Oct 10/11 maybe

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2023, 05:47 AM   #47
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
They have a discount day coming up, Big Deal day or something. Oct 10/11 maybe

Honestly I'm finding less and less value during these big event days.

More and more it seems like the just regularly checking the site gets you great deals when something gets a super discount for some reason. Like the Mega Construx Castle Grayskull awhile back when it was on sale for $99!! Lots of those kinds of examples over the past year.

Either way I'm sure, unless the Indy toys were under the new reduced production plan from Hasbro, there will be deep discounts. Most likely after the holidays, and once liquidation places "find" stock from distributors.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2023, 05:05 PM   #48
Galvatryne
Super Friend

Hey guys, so I ask Hasbro this question : ''Hi, would like to know if there will be another wave of indiana jones 6 inch figure (wave 4) ? Wave that could include - Willie, Mola Ram, Ernst Vogel, Little Maharaja, Herman Dietrich, Lao Che, and maybe more? ''

And this is the answer: '' Sadly, we do not know if or when items will be released in advance, but we invite you to subscribe to our email list for the latest news and item drops!''
Galvatryne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2023, 08:21 PM   #49
nighthawk
Jedi Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatryne View Post
Hey guys, so I ask Hasbro this question : ''Hi, would like to know if there will be another wave of indiana jones 6 inch figure (wave 4) ? Wave that could include - Willie, Mola Ram, Ernst Vogel, Little Maharaja, Herman Dietrich, Lao Che, and maybe more? ''

And this is the answer: '' Sadly, we do not know if or when items will be released in advance, but we invite you to subscribe to our email list for the latest news and item drops!''
This is their standard answer. I've asked about stuff that was already revealed and they say the same thing.
nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2023, 09:30 PM   #50
Hoffman
Agent of Shield

Hasbro (or any company that makes licensed goods) will never reveal specific products upon random inquiries.

These things have to go through so many levels of approval that every little thing needs to be signed off before they can announce anything.

A corporate non-answer is the only answer you'll ever get. Especially if you're just reaching out to a generic contact.
Hoffman is offline   Reply With Quote