ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 10-22-2020, 06:43 PM   #2701
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe
Re: Star Wars Black Series discussion

Yeah I agree holds should be limited to 1-2 a piece, but technically customers aren't doing anything wrong cause there is no limit on these figures and stores only care about selling product, not who they sell it to. I don't find it personally as much of an issue though as the people who are hiding figures in the store. So many times I've checked on stock track and it showed a Walmart having 1 in stock, I drive there with no luck only to drive home and check stock track again and see the quantity went from 1 to zero. Now that is ridiculous and unfair as hell. I have money ready to buy this product but I can't cause some dick head decided to hide it until he has the money. Like what the hell.

Last edited by Zeroflamez; 10-22-2020 at 06:48 PM.
Zeroflamez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 08:10 PM   #2702
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon

I think hiding toys is ridiculous as well.

A good way to ensure your store doesn't restock with new figures.
Old 10-22-2020, 08:17 PM   #2703
Wheelwave
Master of the Universe

If you think that no limit is ridiculous, I checked another Wal-Mart that listed 12 of each on stocktrack, and the clerk actually met the person who bought all of them.

Star Wars Black Series Return of the Jedi 40th anniversary Darth Vader
Wheelwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 08:19 PM   #2704
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
Yeah I agree holds should be limited to 1-2 a piece, but technically customers aren't doing anything wrong cause there is no limit on these figures and stores only care about selling product, not who they sell it to. I don't find it personally as much of an issue though as the people who are hiding figures in the store. So many times I've checked on stock track and it showed a Walmart having 1 in stock, I drive there with no luck only to drive home and check stock track again and see the quantity went from 1 to zero. Now that is ridiculous and unfair as hell. I have money ready to buy this product but I can't cause some dick head decided to hide it until he has the money. Like what the hell.
To be fair there is a delay on stocktrack. So in that time and your driving it could've been purchased.

Interesting points all around. I'm for a all or nothing approach. Then again as I've said before I buy multiples because of friends and family that are collectors. I seldom if ever sell above retail for new products. But that's capitalism baby.
sixshot1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 08:25 PM   #2705
Wheelwave
Master of the Universe

Ok. May have hit luck. I checked stocktrack again and the same Wal-Mart I went to this morning now show 18 in stock. Gonna try again tonight. I need all the luck i can get.

Old 10-22-2020, 08:41 PM   #2706
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixshot1981 View Post
To be fair there is a delay on stocktrack. So in that time and your driving it could've been purchased.

Interesting points all around. I'm for a all or nothing approach. Then again as I've said before I buy multiples because of friends and family that are collectors. I seldom if ever sell above retail for new products. But that's capitalism baby.
I would have considered that a possibility but they had the super commando listed as 1 left in stock. I went there on Monday, and I've been checking every day since to see if stock goes to 0 and it did today. So clearly someone hid it. doesn't take stock track 3 days to update.
Zeroflamez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 08:53 PM   #2707
Robimus
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryfe2026 View Post
First off, the poster Wheelwave didn’t set a number, he said several. Secondly, this would be Walmart as these are their exclusives. Walmart typically doesn’t set stuff aside unless a manager signs offf on it, and they again set the policy. Would I be upset if my stores entire stock went to someone who then sold them for a much higher markup? Absolutely, but it’s jealousy not anything else.
TRU has exclusive figures as well. Hondo would definitely be a Clone Wars figure. But you are likely right.

I can’t get Walmart employees to say hello. Interesting to hear they do hold items.

I was not changing Wheelwaves number. I was using a random, silly number to highlight the point that I would like to see limitations.

You want phone reservations with no limits, more power to you.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 11:01 PM   #2708
Wheelwave
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryfe2026 View Post
First off, the poster Wheelwave didn’t set a number, he said several. Secondly, this would be Walmart as these are their exclusives. Walmart typically doesn’t set stuff aside unless a manager signs off on it, and they again set the policy. Would I be upset if my stores entire stock went to someone who then sold them for a much higher markup? Absolutely, but it’s jealousy not anything else. Most stores understand this and set reasonable holds on items that have intrinsic value, but rationally most stores don’t care about collectors; revenue is revenue. Scalpers is an erroneous term anyways, opportunists fits better. Collecting has always attracted opportunists; should we be upset with everyone on Marketplace or Kijiji or EBay who prices their item according to market value? A market value that is set by those same people by the way. Again, I’d be more upset at Hasbro, as their limited production, poor communication and dedication to this type of exclusives model always brings hurt feelings.
It’s unfortunate for Wheelwave that someone in his area is buying up all the figures. I have been in that situation where I missed getting something because people hid or bought everything. As I also said in another thread, they may restock in the future, possibly around Christmas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
TRU has exclusive figures as well. Hondo would definitely be a Clone Wars figure. But you are likely right.

I can’t get Walmart employees to say hello. Interesting to hear they do hold items.

I was not changing Wheelwaves number. I was using a random, silly number to highlight the point that I would like to see limitations.

You want phone reservations with no limits, more power to you.
Did I do something wrong?

I just couldn't see closely how many figures there were. Might have been like 5 or 6 I saw behind the counter. Couldn't really see if they were all Mandos or Clones. I just pointed out to clerk if those behind him were sellable and they just said they were holds.

Old 10-22-2020, 11:10 PM   #2709
Robimus
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelwave View Post
Did I do something wrong?
Not at all.

We were just discussing the situation you described with Walmart saying they were on hold.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 11:55 AM   #2710
Wheelwave
Master of the Universe

I finally got my Super Commandos this morning.

Now I just need at least 2 Mandalorian Loyalists and an Ahsoka Tano. Clone trooper I can live without.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN5055.jpg (96.2 KB, 9 views)