ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 12-07-2020, 10:58 AM   #1251
RocketGTR
Cylon Centurion
Re: Hasbro Power Rangers Lightning Collection Line

My MMPR Black Ranger from Amazon US was "damaged" enroute to me. Luckily I got one from a local comic store for only $5 over MMSP.
RocketGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 05:35 PM   #1252
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksteel View Post
I wouldn't worry about Zeo Green, honestly. I suspect it will be like Space Yellow and easily available on Amazon.

It's really only been the MMPR figures in crazy demand and challenging to acquire.

I'd wager that a significant portion of those who were game for hunting down the MMPR figures....don't actually give a damn about Zeo.

I suspect the next figure that everyone will be frustrated about is Hasbro Pulse Metallic Pink/Kat... that will sell out pretty fast and take forever to be re-stocked. It's not a figure I'm interested in, but obviously the MMPR completionists will need it.
I hope you're right. I'm pretty fond of the Zeo Suit Designs and would hate to not be able to complete that team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erik352 View Post
ouch, thats expensive. you should at least tried some of the scalphers in kijiji, im sure you could get it cheaper than $58.

I was lucky i decided to try getting mmpr black at amazon usa when it was first announced. Price is a little higher than retail, but then again I never saw wave 6 at retail.
I've yet to see Wave 6 at retail either. Well a full case anyway. I saw a Goldar but he was the only one left with the rest obviously gotten picked. I have no idea how kids are supposed to buy these things when Adults are swooping in buying everything up. No wonder kids mainly stick to video games now days lol.

Last edited by Zeroflamez; 12-07-2020 at 05:40 PM.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 09:18 PM   #1253
MorphGrid
Cobra Trooper

I've only seen Wave 6 once and that was when the Walmart Employee literally opened two cases. It was bought up so quickly too.
MorphGrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 02:08 AM   #1254
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorphGrid View Post
I've only seen Wave 6 once and that was when the Walmart Employee literally opened two cases. It was bought up so quickly too.
I wish my stores got 2 cases. At the most it's only one and done. Who knows when they'll restock after that unfortunately.

Edit: ended up popping into my Walmart(airport Road) again. Of course I get there after everything is picked. Literally just a Goldar and In Space Yellow sitting on peg. I'm surprised people want Zeo Red that badly.. but yet again, it's Tommy. Jeez was that Walmart's toy section was a ghost town though. Next to nothing on pegs. DC multiverse was just the crappy Detective Comics Batman. Black series was non existent as always except for the finally clearanced Yavin Luke and Rey. A few Strong Guy Wave ML's and some shelf warming ML Movie Wolverine and mystique's. Was at another Walmart here too not long ago and the toy aisle was dead as well and it seems like the section for Lightning Collection at this location was now taken over by the Kids Beast Morpher Line. Really hoping that they aren't phasing the line out there but it's a possibility. I hope not though because it's hard enough to find anything here. Is anyone else's Walmart's this dry right now? or is it just Peel?

Last edited by Zeroflamez; 12-08-2020 at 05:41 PM.
Old 12-08-2020, 06:43 PM   #1255
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
I wish my stores got 2 cases. At the most it's only one and done. Who knows when they'll restock after that unfortunately.

Edit: ended up popping into my Walmart(airport Road) again. Of course I get there after everything is picked. Literally just a Goldar and In Space Yellow sitting on peg. I'm surprised people want Zeo Red that badly.. but yet again, it's Tommy. Jeez was that Walmart's toy section was a ghost town though. Next to nothing on pegs. DC multiverse was just the crappy Detective Comics Batman. Black series was non existent as always except for the finally clearanced Yavin Luke and Rey. A few Strong Guy Wave ML's and some shelf warming ML Movie Wolverine and mystique's. Was at another Walmart here too not long ago and the toy aisle was dead as well and it seems like the section for Lightning Collection at this location was now taken over by the Kids Beast Morpher Line. Really hoping that they aren't phasing the line out there but it's a possibility. I hope not though because it's hard enough to find anything here. Is anyone else's Walmart's this dry right now? or is it just Peel?
Mine is about the same, except as far as I can tell they haven’t gotten Rangers in since a single case of Wave 3 showed up in mid summer.

Zeo Red being a hot item is... weird. I mean MMPR White was 3 per case too and peg warmed HARD. Makes me leery on what a pain Zeo Green will be if people are suddenly all about the Zeo. Not toooo worried though. Although Amazon sucks harsh with the preorders they tend to get heavy stock in later. I just got Rangerslayer, Zeo Gold, and Timeforce Red in from them finally.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 07:29 PM   #1256
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Quinn View Post
Mine is about the same, except as far as I can tell they haven’t gotten Rangers in since a single case of Wave 3 showed up in mid summer.

Zeo Red being a hot item is... weird. I mean MMPR White was 3 per case too and peg warmed HARD. Makes me leery on what a pain Zeo Green will be if people are suddenly all about the Zeo. Not toooo worried though. Although Amazon sucks harsh with the preorders they tend to get heavy stock in later. I just got Rangerslayer, Zeo Gold, and Timeforce Red in from them finally.
Yeah that's super weird how White Peg warmed. I expected it to be hard to get, but I was finding it literally almost everywhere. I have a strong feeling Zeo Green will be hard to get I can almost guarantee you guys right now. Due to the fact that Adam also was in the original MMPR and he's a popular character, as well as this is the first Adam Head Sculpt we'll be getting in this line. So MMPR purists that prefer Adam over Zac will likely be chasing this figure just for the head sculpt so they can head swap with MMPR Black. Or so they can display both Adam and Zac as the black ranger using the regular MMPR Black Ranger and Armored Black Ranger figures. I could be wrong though, people may not care as much I assume they do.

Last edited by Zeroflamez; 12-08-2020 at 09:32 PM.
Old 12-09-2020, 06:30 PM   #1257
Ksteel
Mutant

You're correct that many people don't care. Adam (mainly JYB) is only popular with a portion of the hardcore fans.

The regular mainstream buyer of these figures won't care about Zeo Green. It will probably be easy to order through Amazon, like the 1x Space Yellow and Z-Putty of the last 2 waves.

Zeo Red selling quite well (especially recently) has more to do with the Christmas season and him being a Red Ranger. Seen a lot of parents just buying 'Red Ranger' figures from their kids Christmas lists. Even SPD Red (which was pegwarming in the GTA for a while) is finally starting to disappear.

That being said, about 2 weeks ago... I saw multiple Zeo Reds in various Wal-marts. Heck, even at my local one... this one has been lying on the pegs for nearly 2 weeks;

Ksteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 07:16 PM   #1258
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
You're correct that many people don't care. Adam (mainly JYB) is only popular with a portion of the hardcore fans.

The regular mainstream buyer of these figures won't care about Zeo Green. It will probably be easy to order through Amazon, like the 1x Space Yellow and Z-Putty of the last 2 waves.

Zeo Red selling quite well (especially recently) has more to do with the Christmas season and him being a Red Ranger. Seen a lot of parents just buying 'Red Ranger' figures from their kids Christmas lists. Even SPD Red (which was pegwarming in the GTA for a while) is finally starting to disappear.

That being said, about 2 weeks ago... I saw multiple Zeo Reds in various Wal-marts. Heck, even at my local one... this one has been lying on the pegs for nearly 2 weeks;

You're not wrong, but I think there's still a pretty good chance that Zeo Green MAY be hard to get. I've noticed that the closer a team gets to completion with this line, the harder the figures start to become to obtain. Like MMPR White peg warmed for a long time, Pink was impossible to get in retail due to x1 which is normal but she was pretty easily available all of last year after she released at online retailers like Amazon, that was restocking her periodically. Once Red came out though she started to become a little harder to get. Then once Yellow got announced she became scarce and finally once blue got announced she completely disappeared at a moments notice the same way White did. I think people are preferring to hold off and waiting on teams to start fleshing out before fully investing.

I'm guessing your area gets a lot of restocks then? Cause if so then yeah, the x3 figure will eventually start to peg warm once everyone who wants it buys it. In my area things are scarce so stuff tends to go quick, real quick. Yeah I could see SPD Red starting to become harder to get. He's a red ranger from a popular season. It's only a matter of time. I also noticed Dino Charge Red disappeared now as well.

Last edited by Zeroflamez; 12-09-2020 at 07:40 PM.
Old 12-09-2020, 07:34 PM   #1259
Ksteel
Mutant

Well MMPR is in it's own ballpark. Mainly because MMPR will always draw in mainstream buyers and collectors who aren't PR fans, and are more casually nostalgic about MMPR than anything else.
Ksteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 07:46 PM   #1260
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Well MMPR is in it's own ballpark. Mainly because MMPR will always draw in mainstream buyers and collectors who aren't PR fans, and are more casually nostalgic about MMPR than anything else.
That's true. I guess we'll have to wait until Zeo Green releases to find out.