ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 08-22-2023, 09:12 PM   #2901
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe
Re: Hasbro Power Rangers Lightning Collection Line

So it seems the Haslab is going to be $450 for the axe and bow if anyone is interested.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2023, 11:25 PM   #2902
cloud
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
Yea it's the Megazord. I forgot to add that after cosmic fury lol. But yea for the price it looks like crap. If it was $30-$40 OK but $73 is ridiculous when you can literally buy the better Japanese version with lights and sound for less than that on the secondary market.
Sadly that's the reality. You are probably getting a deal for Kyuranger stuff since it's a toy line from 5 years ago. And I don't think it was very popular to have a following. Prepandemic and such.

Not with inflation that's the new reality of what a $73 dollar toy is. But of course you can always wait for a deal. Power Rangers toys don't sell that well these days outside of MMPR
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2023, 11:26 PM   #2903
cloud
Master of the Universe

Quote:
So it seems the Haslab is going to be $450 for the axe and bow if anyone is interested.
THat's the rumor price. Curious what the Haslab offer is and tiers. Part of me feel like there will be some interesting 6" offerings
Old 08-23-2023, 01:33 AM   #2904
duelerx
Super Friend

Quote:
The last Haslab I backed was the Sentinel, which they added 80 USD to for shipping, taxes, etc. Assuming it's similar for this Haslab, that'll be 530 US or roughly 720 CAD at today's exchage rate. Ouch. And that's assuming shipping and all those fees are the same as pre-pandemic which is unlikely. The at-your-door price for Canadians will be pretty high on this one, hopefully the tiers justify the price.
duelerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2023, 10:27 AM   #2905
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud View Post
Sadly that's the reality. You are probably getting a deal for Kyuranger stuff since it's a toy line from 5 years ago. And I don't think it was very popular to have a following. Prepandemic and such.

Not with inflation that's the new reality of what a $73 dollar toy is. But of course you can always wait for a deal. Power Rangers toys don't sell that well these days outside of MMPR
So the answer to PR toys outside of MMPR not selling that well is to sell a bare bones Megazord for $73 that has barely any paint and make sure it doesn't sell at all? Only reviewers are buying the thing. Every post I've seen about the Zord in the PR community is dunking on it. Hasbro could have gotten away with selling this for $50. But like always, greedflation strikes again.
Old 08-24-2023, 12:45 PM   #2906
ghostlurk29
Mutant

Speaking of Haslabs... https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B0C7BG1D3K/

Soul of Chogokin Megazord & Dragonzord 2-pack is available for pre-order again. Should be under $600 shipped, pending the Yen value in December. Requires a Prime membership to order at this time, but you may be eligible for a free trail.

Could have a larger discount post-release (25-28%), if you want to bet against the pre-order selling through.
ghostlurk29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2023, 01:50 PM   #2907
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

$500 for both is a steal. One of them goes for like $500 on the aftermarket. Wouldn't mind getting this but don't really have that kind of money to upgrade my Legacy collection versions right now.
Old 08-26-2023, 01:35 AM   #2908
cloud
Master of the Universe

Quote:
So the answer to PR toys outside of MMPR not selling that well is to sell a bare bones Megazord for $73 that has barely any paint and make sure it doesn't sell at all? Only reviewers are buying the thing. Every post I've seen about the Zord in the PR community is dunking on it. Hasbro could have gotten away with selling this for $50. But like always, greedflation strikes again.
Well, it's just business. Costs going up. Just because it's a price you don't want to pay doesn't mean it equals greed inmediately.
Not to say I am happy with the price but in the real world, we are in a pandemic. The Wuhan coronavirus hit the world. Hasbro and a lot of other toy companies took a hit so part of the price hike is to regroup the lost that started in 2019.

But that is a small fraction. I think a bit part is Power Rangers don't sell as well as Hasbro hope. I don't really know any kids that is following the show. Adults that follow the show probably isn't that interested in these kid friendly toys. It's a small market compared to Transformers that are somewhat more interesting. Also, this one is 10 episodes all released on Netflix. I think this is a very short period of exposure. Cosmic Fury may not sell well at all.
Old 08-26-2023, 08:11 AM   #2909
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Hasbro made record breaking profits through the pandemic.We are no longer in a pandemic. You are right, not every price is because of greed but this Megazord definitely is. What Hasbro is charging for the cosmic Fury Zord, Bandai is charging the same for the most recent Super Sentai's core Megazord that has way more paint on it and looks considerably better. It's just naive to think Hasbro isn't playing up inflation to pad their own pockets. Every toy company has increased their prices but at at least the other companies has kept their quality and value consistent. Where as Hasbro charges you more while giving you less and less each time.
Old 08-29-2023, 01:57 PM   #2910
ToaTahu
Red Shirt

Has anyone seen remastered black at their GameStop?
ToaTahu is offline   Reply With Quote