ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 08-11-2021, 08:13 PM   #4041
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
Another Price increase coming soon. The states is supposed to be paying around $25 for basic Hasbro figure. I'm guessing prices here will shoot to $35.99-36.99 for your basic figure.

https://yakfaceforums.com/main/2021/...s-coming-soon/
It's funny they mention shipping costs. I was reading a few articles the other asking that very question why shipping rates were skyrocketing due to high demand for ships and a bottleneck for supplies overseas with lockdowns ending.

I always laugh when companies quote these temporary increases in costs as a way to pad their profits long term cause let's be honest once the bottleneck clears they ain't reducing the price again are they ?!

It's the same nonsense with the dollar...when it was at par nobody lowered prices...then when it shot back to normal levels all these fees magically appeared that weren't there when the dollar was at that level 2 years prior. Bottom line folks bottom line.

Edit: Buddy brought up an interesting point too...3rd increase this year with Hasbro...why is McFarlane Toys standing pat on pricing ?

Last edited by sixshot1981; 08-11-2021 at 08:42 PM.
sixshot1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 09:00 PM   #4042
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksteel View Post
Legends was my jam during the hype of the Infinity Saga. I've got nearly everyone worth getting from MCU Phases 1-3.

But I'm definitely inclined to quit now post-Endgame. These prices are mad.

Objectively the Shangchi, Eternals and DisneyPlus figures all look great. Same with the more expensive Saga line. But the line needs to be drawn somewhere.

Paying near 40$ per figure, sometimes $45, isn't sustainable longterm.
No it's not for a "budget" line where you're encouraged to be a completionist to get a BAF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixshot1981 View Post
It's funny they mention shipping costs. I was reading a few articles the other asking that very question why shipping rates were skyrocketing due to high demand for ships and a bottleneck for supplies overseas with lockdowns ending.

I always laugh when companies quote these temporary increases in costs as a way to pad their profits long term cause let's be honest once the bottleneck clears they ain't reducing the price again are they ?!

It's the same nonsense with the dollar...when it was at par nobody lowered prices...then when it shot back to normal levels all these fees magically appeared that weren't there when the dollar was at that level 2 years prior. Bottom line folks bottom line.

Edit: Buddy brought up an interesting point too...3rd increase this year with Hasbro...why is McFarlane Toys standing pat on pricing ?
That's a good point. Mcfarlane and other companies have been able to keep their prices the same through out this whole pandemic. Mean while Hasbro keeps bumping the prices up. I think Hasbro is using the pandemic as a way to see how far they can push the envelope. How they've been handling their brands in the past few years has just been super shady. Shoddy distribution, over priced exclusives, tons of repacks with minor updates. It wasn't anywhere near this bad pre 2016.

Last edited by Zeroflamez; 08-11-2021 at 09:15 PM.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 10:00 PM   #4043
lifedragon99
Decepticon

Did amazon.ca ever get the give pack Wolverine preorder up?

Oh wait I already have it pre ordered.

Last edited by lifedragon99; 08-11-2021 at 10:02 PM.
lifedragon99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 01:43 PM   #4044
idcrisis
Red Shirt

10% off right now @ EB/Gamestop

Edit: nevermind...it seems that since switching to Gamestop, the Edge discount just gets factored in on the site.

Last edited by idcrisis; 08-12-2021 at 01:56 PM.
idcrisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 02:19 PM   #4045
random11
Convention Exclusive

Quote:
Originally Posted by idcrisis View Post

Edit: nevermind...it seems that since switching to Gamestop, the Edge discount just gets factored in on the site.
I ordered the FF yesterday. And it wasnt factoring in the discount. So that feature is new today. Unless I may have not signed in until I was checking out... and it might be dumb and not apply the discount unless youre signed in while adding to cart. idk.

Edit: I just checked and it does apply the discount after you sign in to the items already in cart.

Last edited by random11; 08-12-2021 at 02:29 PM.
random11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 02:29 PM   #4046
Mudflap
Clonetrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by random11 View Post
I ordered the FF yesterday. And it wasnt factoring in the discount. So that feature is new today. [S]Unless I may have not signed in until I was checking out... and it might be dumb and not apply the discount unless youre signed in while adding to cart. idk.[/S] I just checked and it does apply the discount after you sign in to the items already in cart.
I was signed in yesterday and the discount wasn't showing. Definitely something changed since then. It's about time the Edge discount applies for online orders. Makes me even more inclined to order from EB/Gamestop. I say more because they've been more reliable for me than Amazon.ca and Walmart.ca for fulfilling preorders.
Mudflap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 04:23 PM   #4047
uncagedtrombone
Red Shirt

I wonder if this new discount applies to existing preorders, or will I have to cancel and re-order everything on the website?
uncagedtrombone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 04:25 PM   #4048
uncagedtrombone
Red Shirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by idcrisis View Post

I'm just seeing 5% discounts on the website?
uncagedtrombone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 06:27 PM   #4049
random11
Convention Exclusive

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncagedtrombone View Post
I'm just seeing 5% discounts on the website?
depending on your edge level it can be between 5% and 15% off
Old 08-12-2021, 06:28 PM   #4050
random11
Convention Exclusive

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncagedtrombone View Post
I wonder if this new discount applies to existing preorders, or will I have to cancel and re-order everything on the website?
youll have to cancel and reorder. Unless you can call in and have them adjust. It didnt retroactively apply to my ff order