ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 05-25-2013, 01:46 PM   #1
thunderboy
Clonetrooper
Anyone shop at ToysToysToys?

ToysToysToys location at Square One is closing sometime soon, lots of stuff already gone. Gonna miss this place. Would sometimes find stuff on their shelves and pegs that you couldn't find anywhere else anymore. Even though some of the prices were high, it was worth taking a look around...
The manager always pointed out stuff she knew I would be interested in...
thunderboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 10:54 PM   #2
Onslaught
Cylon Centurion
Re: Anyone shop at ToysToysToys?

What? I can't believe it's closing... That really sucks. Definitely going to miss it. I'll probably have to go there at least one last time then...
Onslaught is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 08:28 PM   #3
thunderboy
Clonetrooper

Everything in the store (including Lego ) is now 40% off! picked up a few things i wouldn't have normally done, but for the price I couldn't go wrong...
thunderboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 08:53 PM   #4
joshimus
Convention Exclusive

I boycotted them years ago when RID Scourge was released as a TRU Exclusive. Managed to find a TRU that had literally 2 left while Toy3 had 12 of them at triple the pricetag. I pretty much consider them scalpers so I refuse to support them as I refuse to support any scalper.
Not saying I care that they are closing, but it is still sad when toy stores close so...to each their own I suppose.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 11:51 PM   #5
Morg
Clonetrooper
Morg's Ebay Auctions

Late to the party, but torn on the issue...

On one hand, Toys3 did indeed stock shit that NOBODY else ever did, but the prices were almost always obscene.

Especially when they'd have nonsense on their pegs that nobody wanted and had just left the shelves of Winners at like $3.00 a piece, but they were demanding that much again on top of the original retail price - crazy.

Then again, there were exceptions to that particular degree of greed from time to time... like for instance, they stocked SDCC exclusive Star Wars Visionaries Boxed sets featuring Owen Lars and Cyborg Darth Maul for crazy cheap.

They were also the only place in town for Dagger Squadron (KMart Exclusives) B-Wings for a long time, and their prices on those were hardly their usual highway robbery either...

The sad fact is that a lot of their stuff worked out to be the price of an item plus the shipping that it would have cost you online.

And this was all against the backdrop of their general business model, which was to charge you $13 for the undesirable henchmen action figures from the movie tie-in line of the failed summer blockbuster that flopped and you never cared to see...

I won't miss them
Old 08-28-2013, 01:15 PM   #6
ambasah
Cobra Trooper

I'm glad they are going.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:46 PM   #7
Wintermute
Master of the Universe

Apparently a new store is opening somewhere else in Toronto.

There used to be one at Limeridge Mall here in Hamilton. It had some great stuff going back 10 years now, but over time the prices just kept getting more ridiculous. $25 Stormtroopers that were on shelves at Walmart for $7? No thanks lol.

That being said, on occasion they did have some random good deals, like on a Movie Masters Suited Scarecrow for $12.
Wintermute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 12:19 PM   #8
comicbookboy
Cobra Trooper

yes, i go to the one in Scarborough, at first they had a lot of cool, new stuff, but lately all year they have nothing new. they have no legends, and their universes are over priced at like $16.
comicbookboy is offline   Reply With Quote